Guide To Sweden Visa Requirements
So, you’ve finally decided to take your much-awaited trip to Sweden? Now, you just need to prepare your itinerary, get the visa ready, pack your baggage, and fly away! While all your trip preparations should be quite easy to handle, the only hurdle you may face would be the visa application process. The Sweden Visa requirements are quite elaborate, and if any of the important requirements is not fulfilled, the Swedish Embassy may reject your visa application.
Gladly, you don’t have to worry about missing any of the mandatory Sweden Visa requirements, as we have included every little detail you need to know when you apply for your visa. So, read on!
STEPS TO APPLYING FOR SWEDISH VISA
- First, you need to confirm what kind of visa do you require for your visit to Sweden. Once you determine the purpose of your visit, you can choose the suitable visa category to apply, such as a job visa, tourist visa, business visa, student visa or a medical visa.
- Now, you can proceed with filling out the visa application form. You can either fill it completely electronically and get it printed or choose to fill in a printed application form that can be obtained from a travel agency or the diplomatic office of Sweden in your country. Before submission, check if you’ve signed in the two required places.
- You will also be required to fill a family Appendix or questionnaire while applying for a Sweden visa, for which the forms are available on the website of the Sweden embassy.
- The next important step in the visa application procedures is gathering all the Sweden visa requirements and attaching them along with your completely-filled visa application form
- Now, you can make payment for the visa fee and schedule your interview at the Sweden Embassy or a diplomatic office near you. The fee amount depends on the type of visa you’re applying for. You can choose to pay the fee through cheque, money order or online transfer.
- Finally, you need to prepare for the visa interview. Reach on time and be in a formal dressing. When the Immigration officer asks, you can deliver all the documents, enclosed in an envelope, along with the application form. Remember that it is not safe to send these documents via post, as there is always a risk that the original documents may get lost.
MANDATORY SWEDEN VISA REQUIREMENTS
Gathering all the requirements for Sweden visa can indeed be tough if you are unfamiliar with the Sweden visa requirements. Still, you don’t have to worry. You can simply follow this section of the article to know what are the mandatory Sweden visa requirements you will need to furnish while applying for the visa.
- Completely-filled application form: A completely filled application form, which is duly signed, is the most important document among all the Sweden visa requirements.
- Original passport: You need to submit your original passport, valid for a minimum period of 3 months from the date of departure from the Schengen area. Remember that the passport must be issued within the last 10 years and needs to have at least 2 blank pages to mark your entry and exit.
- Biometric data: You need to affix two recently taken passport-sized photographs. The photos must be of passport size and have maximum coverage of your face with a light background. You may also be asked to provide the fingerprints of all your fingers. However, you have the option to do that at the Embassy itself.
- Travel Insurance: As with any other Schengen visa, you need to have a Travel medical insurance policy that covers at least 30,000EUR. It must also be valid in all the Schengen countries. This is to cover your expenses in any unpredictable instance where you can fall sick or meet with an accident or sustain any injury while you are in the Schengen area.
- Hotel Reservation: It is also compulsory that you make arrangements for your stay in Sweden before obtaining a visa. You can make a hotel reservation for visa and produce the proof along with all the other documents. If you plan to stay at your friend’s or relative’s place during the visit, you must make it clear by submitting an invitation letter from your host.
- Flight reservation: To make sure that you’ll return after the visa duration, booking your flight tickets for the return is very important. This ensures the Embassy that you’ll not be a burden to their country by extending your trip or deciding to stay back in their country. Since it is risky to book tickets before getting your visa approval, you can submit a flight itinerary from a reputed travel agency like VRS. The visa flight itinerary ideally contains all the information about your travel, including the specific dates and flight numbers for your onward and return journey.
- Evidence of sufficient means of subsistence: You need to prove that you have enough funds for your trip, a proof of your financial subsistence is one of the important Sweden visa requirements that you need to submit without fail. This can be your certificates, such as your Income Tax Returns certificate for the last two years and bank statement for the last 6 months with authentic sign and seal from the bank.
- Personal Covering letter: While applying for the visa, you have to furnish all the details regarding your journey, including the important dates, itinerary, places you plan to visit, the hotels you intend to stay, and even the mode of transportation you choose. Since you can’t give proofs for all these details, it is necessary that you pin a covering letter that has all these details regarding your trip. Don’t forget to duly sign the letter.
ADDITIONAL SWEDEN VISA REQUIREMENTS
In order to add a trust factor to your visa application, you can provide some additional documents, along with the mandatory ones. These documents are:
- No Objection Certificate: A no objection letter obtained from the employer (or school/university, if you’re a student) can increase your chances of getting a visa. It is an assurance to the Embassy that your higher officials are aware and agree to your travel to Sweden. A leave permission from the concerned office is also accepted, in case you don’t have an NOC.
- Marriage Certificate: You need a proof of your marital status. If you’re married, you can submit your marriage certificate. If you don’t have one, you can also submit your child’s birth certificate, ration card, spouse’s death certificate and so on. For an unmarried individual, your birth certificate should suffice.
- Permanent address proof: Similarly, you need to provide the proofs for your permanent address in your home country. Rental agreements, land deeds, lease for your house/property, and bills like electricity bill or water bills from the respective Government offices are accepted as a proof.
- Enrollment Certificate: If you’re a student, you need to produce the certificates of your enrollment to the institution in Sweden, or proofs of your current and previously completed courses. This is one of the mandatory Sweden visa requirements for a student visa.
- Employment Contract: If you’re a businessman or visiting Sweden for a Job visa, submit your employment contract with the firm in Sweden, along with the other relevant documents.
The long list of Sweden visa requirements can be pretty exhausting, particularly with collecting the proofs for an itinerary that is yet to be decided. Luckily, you don’t have to sweat for the visa, as we can take care of everything that you find difficult during your visa application. We have an excellent support crew that can guide you through each step of your application process, as well as provide you with attractive packages for your dummy flight reservation or hotel reservation for visa. You just need to simply reach out to us via our contact us page for assistance and rest assured, you’ll have your visa without any hassles!