The Ultimate List Of Morocco Visa Requirements – Visa Reservation
Home to the lyrical desert landscapes, ruins of ancient cities, and epic mountain ranges, Morocco is a country that seems to have been custom-made for tourists! Once you fulfill all the Morocco visa requirements, obtain a visa, and travel to this amazing tourist destination, you’ll notice why Morocco is called the gateway to Africa.
While the landscapes of Morocco intrigue you with amazing diversity, the people here treat you with their warm hospitality. This could be the reason why Morocco has become a second home to many travelers and adventurers over the years. So, if you’re getting your backpack ready to explore this amazing country, read this article to know more about all the visa requirements you’ll need to fulfill in order to visit Morocco.
There are certain special visa exemptions for travelers from various countries entering Morocco. For travelers from most countries in the North America, South America, Europe, and the Gulf countries, no visa is required. You can check for the list of countries with visa exemption to Morocco by referring to this Wikipedia page. If you’re from any other country that is not mentioned here, you need to obtain the visa before boarding your flight. While obtaining the visa, you’ll need to fulfill various Morocco visa requirements depending on the purpose and duration of your travel.
However, visa-free access is applicable only till 90 days. So, if your stay in Morocco extends for more than 90 days, you’ll need to obtain a resident permit, which can be obtained from a local police station in Morocco.
MANDATORY MOROCCO VISA REQUIREMENTS
Now, if you are from a country that requires a pre-approved visa to enter Morocco, here is a list of mandatory Morocco visa requirements that you’ll need to have.
- Application form: The application form is one of the most important Morocco visa requirement in the case of nationals who do not have a visa-free entry. You’ll need to submit three visa application forms. The visa application forms need to be completely filled and duly signed. Remember that you need to keep at least one original form, while the rest of the two can be photocopied from the original.
- Valid Passport: A valid passport is one of the most important travel documents you need to carry while abroad. This applies even if you have a visa-free access to Morocco. So, ensure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of your return and that it has a minimum of 2 blank pages. Along with your valid passport, you’ll also need to keep a copy of the first page of the passport that contains your photo.
- Passport-sized photographs: You need to submit at least 4 passport-sized photographs along with your visa application. Being an inevitable Morocco visa requirement, you need to take particular care that the photo is taken recently (within the last six months) and is clearly identifiable with your face. Ensure that the photographs are in colour and adhere to the international passport-sized photo specifications.
- Proof of return: When you enter Morocco, you need to guarantee the immigration officer that you have plans for your return. For this, you can provide your flight reservation or a flight itinerary provided by a recognized travel agency, such as Visa Reservation. This ensures the Moroccan Embassy that you will not be a burden to their country by deciding to stay back illegally. As a proof of return, we recommend getting a flight itinerary for visa application, which is way cheaper than the actual flight ticket. This way, you can avoid the risk of losing a lot of money if your return dates are tentative or not yet fixed.
- Personal covering letter: The covering letter is a letter that briefly states your purpose of visiting Morocco and other relevant details, such as the duration of your stay, your accommodation arrangements, the places you intend to visit, the people you’re planning to meet, the flight numbers for your return journey, as well as a brief about your means of financial subsistence while in Morocco.
ADDITIONAL MOROCCO VISA REQUIREMENTS, DEPENDING ON THE NATURE OF VISIT
While the aforementioned documents are the mandatory Morocco visa requirements for all visa types, there are certain other documents you’ll need to submit depending on the nature and purpose of your visit. These are:
- For tourists: If you’re a tourist planning to visit Morocco, you’ll need to submit your hotel reservation receipt. This should be for the entire duration of your stay in Morocco. In case you’re being sponsored by a Moroccan resident, you can get a notarized invitation letter from your sponsor in Morocco to prove that the sponsor will take care of your accommodation arrangements.
- For business owners: If you’re on a business trip to Morocco, you’ll need to prove the existence of your company as well as some other documents. If you own the business, you’ll need to show the registration documents for your business, as well as your Income Tax Returns Certificate, for the past two years. However, if you’re representing a business organisation for the trip, you’ll need to prove the evidence of your employment or contract with the company you’re representing.
- For employees: If you’re an employee planning to visit Morocco, you’ll need to provide proof of your employment as well as the No Objection Certificate from your employer.
- For job visa application: In order to be able to pursue your career in Morocco, you’ll need to apply for a job visa by furnishing your offer letter from the company in Morocco, your work permit, and the employment contract with the Moroccan company.
- For student visa application: If you’re a student planning to continue your studies in Morocco, you’ll need to provide the enrollment letter from the educational institution in Morocco, along with the other mandatory documents.
- For spouses of Moroccan citizens: If you’re the spouse of a Moroccan citizen who is planning to stay/visit Morocco, you’ll need to submit your Marriage Certificate as well as a valid ID proof of the Moroccan spouse, along with all the mandatory Morocco visa requirements.
Even though you can refer to this exhaustive list of Morocco visa requirements, there are times when you’ll not be able to furnish all of the required details. In that case, the Immigration Officer can request you to provide any specific alternative document as proof. However, if feel you’re confused during the visa application process, you can always contact us for guidance. Not only can we assist you with your visa application but also help you obtain some crucial documents, such as the flight itinerary for visa application or a hotel reservation for visa. Simply contact us for more information.