Key Information On Monaco Visa Requirements – Visa Reservation
One of the smallest countries in the world, Monaco is an entire nation squeezed into a few hectares of land. But, make no mistake; this micro nation, just outside France, is an ultimate tax haven and a giant magnet for high-profile epicureans and great gamblers! If you’ve fancied such an epic vacation at one of the best nightlife destinations in the world, all you have to do is fulfill all the Monaco visa requirements, get a visa, and fly off to the ultimate luxury of this glittering principality!
Whether it is to soak up the air relaxing at the port during the sunset, burning money in the glamorous casinos, or dancing to the chilling beats of the local DJs, there’s barely any other place on earth as inviting as Monaco. In case you’re confused about the visa requirements you’ll need to fulfill in order to reach this luxury destination, here is an exhaustive guide to everything you need to know about obtaining a visa to Monaco.
DO YOU NEED A VISA TO ENTER MONACO?
Being an independent micro nation, you need to fulfill various Monaco visa requirements to enter the country. However, there are various exceptions to this. If you’re a tourist who is permitted to visit France without having to apply for a visa, you’re also permitted to visit Monaco without having to obtain another visa. Similarly, you don’t need to obtain a Monaco visa if:
- You have a residence permit issued by any of the Schengen countries
- You have a valid Schengen visa which covers France
- You have a Limited Territorial Visa (LTV) for France
On the other hand, if you have documents, such as a Schengen visa or LTV, that does not cover France, you’ll not be eligible to visit Monaco. In that case, you can apply for a visa by fulfilling all the Monaco visa requirements for the particular visa type.
MANDATORY MONACO VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR SHORT-STAY VISAS
The Monaco visa requirements are exactly the same as the Schengen Area visa requirements for France. The procedure of application also follows the same rules and regulations. This means, if you’re eligible to visit France, you’re also automatically eligible to visit Monaco. So, here are the mandatory Monaco visa requirements you’ll need to fulfill:
Visa application form: You need to fill a visa application form to visit Monaco. It can be downloaded from the official Monaco embassy/consulate website in your country. Remember to fill it with utmost sincerity and duly sign in the required fields.
Passport: The passport is the most important Monaco visa requirement that you need for Monaco, just like any other international trip you undertake. The passport should have a validity of more than 6 months from the date of your scheduled return.
Passport-sized photograph: The passport-sized photograph should adhere to the international passport photo specifications. You may need up to 3 photos for your visa application. Here are some of the photo specifications that you need to follow:
- The photo should not be more than 6 months old.
- The size of the photo should be 35 x 45 mm.
- Your face should cover at least 70-80% of the photograph.
- Your face should be centred and evenly lit
- The background should have a light colour (preferably white or light blue) and without any patterns
Financial proof of subsistence: The proofs of your means of subsistence are the documents showing that you have enough funds to complete the entire trip without requiring any further financial assistance. This is one of the mandatory Monaco visa requirement. You can show the proof in the form of cash, valid international credit card, or traveler’s cheque. Apart from this, you might also be asked to provide your bank statements for the past six months and your Income Tax Returns Certificate for the last two years.
Guarantee of return to your home country: While entering Monaco, you should be able to show that you have plans to return to your home country. This is to ensure that the Monegasque government does not take an unnecessary burden accommodating more refugees or spending for your deportation. The guarantee of return could be a flight reservation or an itinerary for visa obtained from a recognized visa agency such as Visa Reservation.
Travel Insurance: The travel insurance is a mandatory Monaco visa requirement, just like it is important for the Schengen visa application. All travelers from countries that are not members of the Schengen Area, European Union, or EEC need to have a valid travel medical insurance for at least 30,000 EUR. This should cover your medical expenses and hospitalization in case of any medical emergency while in Monaco. Remember that this medical insurance should also be valid across all the Schengen states.
ADDITIONAL MONACO VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR SHORT STAY VISA
- For tourist purposes: If you’re planning to visit Monaco as a tourist, you’ll need to furnish documents including your hotel reservation receipt and travel itinerary. If you’re going with the assistance of a travel agency, you’ll need to provide the proof of your subscription to the packaged tour.
- For business purposes: In case you’re visiting Monaco as part of your business trip to France, you’ll need to provide an invitation letter from the company or organisation in France as well as an attestation letter from your employer.
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS FOR LONG STAY VISA
If you’re applying for a long stay visa, there are various supporting documents that you need to fulfill apart from the mandatory documents. Each document should also be submitted in two copies. Here are the documents that you’ll need to provide for a long stay visa:
- Police record clearance
- Affidavit showing that you’ve never been declared bankrupt
- Accommodation proof, such as the lease or property deed. You can even provide a certificate of free accommodation from a Monegasque authority, if applicable in your case.
- Documents showing the purpose of the long-term stay:
- Job/career: In order to work or involve in any job that provides payment or remuneration while in Monaco, you’ll need to submit your work permit and a work contract issued by the Employment Department of Monaco.
- If you’re the spouse of a French/Monegasque resident and you’re planning to stay in Monaco, you’ll need to show your marriage certificate.
- For student visas, you’ll have to furnish the proof of admission to an educational institution in Monaco.
While these are all the important Monaco visa requirements that you’ll need to submit for obtaining a visa, the immigration officer can ask for any other document in case these documents are not sufficient in your case. Not to mention, the visa application could also be quite confusing. So, if you need any assistance during this time, simply get in touch with us using our contact page. We provide a whole list of personalized packages for visa-related services, including hotel reservation for visa, dummy flight reservation, and travel insurance.