Lithuania Visa Requirements: How To Obtain Your Visa
Now that you’re finally ready for your trip to Lithuania, it’s time for you to apply for your visa. If you’re thinking about the Lithuania Visa requirements that you’ll need to fulfil at the embassy, don’t worry about it. We have every information you need to get you started with your visa application.
TYPES OF VISAS REQUIREMENTS FOR LITHUANIA:
Lithuania is a part of the Schengen area, which means, you’ll need a Schengen visa to travel here. If you’re not familiar with the term ‘Schengen visa’, it is simply a visa that is commonly applicable to all the 26 European countries that signed the Schengen agreement supporting the idea of ‘Europe without borders’. You just need to obtain a visa for the country you’re arriving first or intending to stay longer, and you’ll be able to travel across any Schengen country with the same visa!
If you’re planning to get the visa for Lithuania, it is good to know that the Lithuania visa requirements vary depending on the purpose and duration of your stay in the country. If you’re a tourist or a business person, you may just need a short-term visiting visa that has a maximum validity of 3 months. However, if the purpose of your visit is to pursue your study or career, you may need a long-term visa, such as a student visa or a job visa. Here, we’ve gathered all the information you need about the Lithuania visa requirements for both short-term and long-term visas.
LITHUANIA VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR SHORT TERM STAY:
The short-stay visa for Lithuania is required if you’re intending to stay there for a short period of time or if it is the country of arrival during your inter-Schengen visit. Short-term Lithuania Visa requirements include:
- First, you need to fill the visa application, which you can download by clicking on this link. You can fill the details electronically. Take a printout of it once completely filled, and then sign in the required fields.
- Be ready with two whole-face photographs that are printed in the passport format. You need to ensure that your face has at least 75-80% coverage, with a light background.
- Obviously, you need a valid passport with at least two blank pages to mark your entry and exit from Lithuania. Your passport should be issued within the past 10 years, and should be valid for not less than 3 months from the returning date. Photocopies of the previous visas should also be included, along with the other Lithuania Visa requirements.
- A cover letter, duly signed by the applicant is one of the mandatory Lithuania Visa requirements. It should discuss all the necessary details about the trip, including the information about the places you plan to visit, the exact duration of your visit, your means of transportation within Lithuania, the hotels and resorts you’ll stay in, and whether you intend to visit any other countries during your trip. This will give an assurance to the Lithuanian Embassy that you have a fixed plan for the visit.
- The documents showing your return to your home country, such as your flight return-tickets reservation or travel itinerary are inevitable.
- Likewise, you need to show the Hotel reservation for visa as proof of your accommodation in Lithuania. Hence, the reservations for your stay at the hotels of your choice must be made even before applying for the visa. We know that there can be situations where you might change plans. So, reserving the hotels without actually paying the whole amount through a reputed agency is always advisable, as it can go easy on the pocket.
- Travel Insurance policy is a mandatory requirement for Schengen visa. It should cover a minimum of 30,000EUR and needs to be valid in all the Schengen countries.
- You will be asked to furnish the details about your means of subsistence. It should basically prove that you have enough financial backup for the whole tour, without requiring any further financial assistance until return. The two important documents you need to submit are: your bank statement for the past 3 months, duly signed and sealed by your Bank, as well as your Income Tax Returns documents for the last 2 years.
- The other documents that will come in handy for you during the visa application are: a no objection letter from your employer (or school/university, in case you’re a student), residential address proofs, and proof of marital status such as your marriage certificate, child’s birth certificate, spouse’s death certificate, ration card, or your birth certificate (if you’re unmarried).
LITHUANIA VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR LONG-TERM STAY:
In case you’re planning to stay in Lithuania for a longer duration, you’ll be required to take a long-term visa. The long-term Lithuania Visa requirements are the same as that of the short-term visa, except for some additional documents. Depending on the purpose of your long-term stay in Lithuania, here are some additional documents you’ll require, apart from the ones that are discussed in the Lithuania Visa requirements for short-term stay:
- If the purpose of your visit is for your further studies, research, or training, you need to show the enrollment certificate for the course and the course completion certificate for any previous courses done.
- If you’re a spouse of a Lithuanian citizen and want to reside in Lithuania, you need to show the proof of your spouse’s Lithuanian citizenship, such as their ID card, consular card, certificate of Lithuanian nationality or naturalisation order. You may also need to submit the Lithuanian Marriage Certificate as well as the Lithuanian family record book as proofs.
- When you apply for a long-term visa, you will, probably, be asked to obtain a Health Insurance policy from Lithuania to cover any medical emergencies during your stay. In case, you’re not able to obtain one on your own, you can have any citizen of Lithuania, as in charge of all your medical expenses and health care services.
- The documents proving your proficiency with the official language is another important long-term visa requirement. Since Lithuanian is the official language, you will be required to pass a language test to show that you won’t fail to communicate while in Lithuania.
We understand that the Lithuania visa requirements can be quite elaborate and a bit confusing too. Still, you don’t have to worry, as we have the friendliest support crew that can assist you throughout the course of your visa application. Since reliability is our main concern, you can get your flight reservation for visa or hotel reservation for visa application from Visa Reservation to ensure that there are no hiccups along your visa application process!