Lithuania Visa From Philippines – How to Apply for Lithuanian Schengen Visa Application Requirements Guide
Lithuania is 1 of the 26 Schengen countries and it’s full of interesting places to explore. Head to Vilnius and wander around its old town for the day. You’ll have a wonderful time taking photographs of the old buildings and fantastic architecture. There are lots of museums too where you can learn about the country’s history or you can spend time enjoying the delicious cuisine or a cool beer! In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Lithuania visa from the Philippines, Lithuania visa appointment booking, processing time at the Lithuania visa application centre, flight itinerary for a Lithuania visa, hotel bookings for a Lithuania visa, Schengen travel insurance for a Lithuania visa application, and Lithuania visa application process in the Philippines.
Source: Image by Yenyu_Chen from Pixabay
Lithuania Schengen Visas
In 2019, embassies around the world dealt with 359,484 visa applications for Lithuania. 4,728 were rejected. There was no data for how many the Embassy of Austria received and processed.
Applying for a Lithuania Schengen Visa from the Philippines
If you are a citizen of the Philippines or you are residing there permanently, you will need to apply for a visa if you want to go to Lithuania.
There is no Lithuanian embassy based in the Philippines. Instead, visa applications are processed by the Austrian Embassy in Manila. The receipt of visa applications has been outsourced to VFS Global in Manila or Cebu, so you will hand in your application to one of these offices.
The process of applying for a visa is identical to that of an Austrian visa.
Types of Schengen visas offered at VFS Global/the Austrian Embassy in Manila
You must apply for the correct visa and this will depend on why you are going to Lithuania and how long you are going for. There are 3 types of visas:
- Visa C (short-stay visa) – for tourism, business or visiting purposes for up to 90 days
- Visa A (airport transit visa) – if you are catching a connecting flight in the Philippines en-route to a different destination without leaving the international zone of the airport
- D Visa (national visa) – this visa allows holders to remain in Lithuania for over 90 days (up to 6 months) for longer visits such as employment or study. Once in Lithuania, you will be able to collect a residence permit or to apply for a job-seeker visa. It is issued as single or multiple entry which means you can enter Lithuania more than once while the visa is valid
More information about visas for working or studying in Lithuania can be found on the embassy’s website.
Visa applications are processed within 15 days, so you must apply at least 15 days prior to your trip, However, don’t leave it too late. You can apply up to 6 months ahead, so make sure there is enough time for your application to be processed.
How Can I Apply for a Lithuania Schengen Visa from VFS Global in the Philippines?
Here are 7 steps to help you apply for your visa:
Step 1: Identify the visa type
Go to VFS Global’s website and click on: “Start now” under “Apply for a visa”:
Under “Step 1 – identify visa type”, click on the link:
Then, select the visa type and read the information presented to find out whether this is the right visa for you:
Step 2: Begin your application
Click on the link to download the application form:
Complete the application form and print it because you will need to take it to the visa application center.
Step 3: Book an appointment
Making appointments with the embassy, consulate or visa application centre is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, the visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below.
- Go to VFS Global’s website and click on “Start now”
- Scroll down to Step 3 – book an appointment and click on the link
- Click on “Let’s get started”
- Create a new account if you don’t already have one
- Log in and make an appointment on a day that’s convenient for you
Step 4: Pay your fees
You will pay the visa fee when you submit your documents at the visa application center. These fees are non-refundable whatever the embassy’s decision. You can pay in cash only in Philippine Pesos.
|Type of Visa||Fee in PHP|
|Schengen visa for ages 6-12 years||2,356|
|Logistics fee (payable to VFS)||2,356|
Further information about fees for other types of visa can be found on VFS Global’s website.
Step 5: Visa a visa application center
There are a few things to be aware of when you visit the visa application center to submit your application:
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment
- You must apply in person. You cannot send someone in your place
- Take your visa application form
- Take your passport or travel document with at least 2 blank pages
- Take all supporting documents (see below)
- You will provide biometric data – if you have done this within the last 5 years, you should not have to do so again
Once you have submitted your visa application to VFS Global, it will be sent to the embassy in Manila. The embassy may ask you to attend an interview if they need any more information from you. They may ask you questions like:
- Are you planning on working in Lithuania?
- Have you been to the Schengen area before?
- When will you return to the Philippines?
- Have you arranged accommodation?
These questions are not anything to worry about. The embassy is simply trying to get all the facts to be able to make a fair decision about your application. Just smile and answer honestly.
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
Documents required for a visa
Check the embassy’s website for documents required for your visa application. There are checklists for each type of visa, so you should get to know the requirements before you submit your application.
You should also prepare photocopies as well as providing the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- Application form
- Passport photographs
- Passport – valid for at least 3 months after the end date of your trip
- Copy of passport data page
- Alien Certificate of Registration and card and re-entry permit – if you are a non-Filipino applicant
- Previous Schengen visa (if applicable)
- Itinerary in Lithuania with days and dates of stay
- Flight reservation
- All risk travel insurance with a minimum cover of EUR 30,000
- Proof of accommodation – hotel reservation or proof of private accommodation
- Proof of transportation – train and/or bus reservations
- Proof of occupation – certificate of employment, registration of business and/or income tax return, financial statements, proof of enrolment and certificate of leave of absence
- Proof of financial means – bank statements for the last three months
- For dependent spouse and children – marriage certificate and birth certificate (both certified PSA copies)
- For minors – Affidavit of support & consent of parents or legal guardian, birth certificate (certified PSA copy), proof of legal guardianship, Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) clearance
- Proof of will to return – proof of economic and family ties in the Philippines
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 6: Track your application
When a decision has been made, you will receive an email letting you know. You can also have an SMS sent to your phone for an additional fee.
Step 7: Collect your passport
You can either pick up your passport from VFS Global or arrange for it to be returned via courier for an additional fee. If you are collecting your passport in person, remember to take the receipt and some form of ID like your passport.
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason
Common rejection reasons include:
- No proof of resident in the Philippines – you must provide proof of your residence status in the Philippines. This would be your Alien Registration Card and re-entry permit if you are a non-Filipino
- You already have a valid Schengen visa – if you have previously applied for a Schengen visa, it may still be valid, so check this before applying for a new one
- No bank statements – you must provide bank statements for the last 3 months
- No marriage/birth certificate – depending on your circumstances, you may have to provide your marriage and/or birth certificate. This is why it is important to check which documents you are required to submit for the visa you are applying for
How to contact VFS Global:
Address: Visa Application Centre, Ground Floor, Ecoplaza Bldg, 2305 Don Chino Roces Ave, Ext Makati Metro, Manila, 1231, Philippines
Monday to Friday, 07.00 – 14.00 (except Thursdays)
Passport Collection: Monday to Friday, 14.00 – 16.00
Address: Visa Application Centre Unit 503, 5th Floor, Keppel Center, Samar Loop cor. Cardinal Rosales Avenue Cebu Business Park, Cebu City, Province 6000, Philippines
Monday to Friday, 07.00 – 14.00 (except Thursdays)
Passport Collection: Monday to Friday, 14.00 – 16.00
Both visa application centers have an additional service fee of PHP 2,356
To apply for a Lithuania Schengen visa from the Austrian Embassy in Manila, follow these simple steps:
- Identify your visa type
- Begin your application
- Book an appointment
- Pay your fees
- Visit a visa application center
- Track your application
- Collect your passport
Once you have your visa, you’ll soon be having the time of your life in Lithuania!
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.
How to Apply for Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Austria Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Belgium Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Czech Republic Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Spain Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Netherlands Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Italy Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for France Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Germany Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Greece Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Denmark Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Norway Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Iceland Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Switzerland Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Portugal Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Sweden Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Finland Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Malta Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Poland Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Latvia Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Liechtenstein Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Hungary Schengen Visa from Philippines