VR Team | Nov 5, 2021 | 0 comments
Liechtenstein Visa From Philippines – How to Apply for Liechtenstein Schengen Visa Application Requirements Guide
Although not a member of the European Union, Liechtenstein is still part of the Schengen Area. It’s only 160 square km, but it’s still packed with things to do. Visit the main tourist attractions of Vaduz castle and Gutenburg castle to learn a little history. In winter, you could head to Malbun for skiing and, in summer, explore pretty alpine towns like Triesenberg. Whatever you do, you’ll find Liechtenstein positively charming! In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Liechtenstein visa from the Philippines, Liechtenstein visa appointment booking, processing time at the Liechtenstein visa application centre, flight itinerary for a Liechtenstein visa, hotel bookings for a Liechtenstein visa, Schengen travel insurance for a Liechtenstein visa application, and Liechtenstein visa application process in the Philippines.
Source: Image by travelphotographer from Pixabay
Applying for a Liechtenstein Schengen Visa from the Philippines
If you are thinking of going to Liechtenstein, you may need a visa to be able to enter and stay in the country. Certain nationalities do not need a visa:
If you are based in the Philippines because you were born there or you are a non-Filipino residing in the Philippines with a visa, you will need to apply for a visa for Liechtenstein.
It takes 15 days for a decision to be made, but it could take longer, so you should apply in plenty of time before your trip. You can apply up to 6 months in advance.
Liechtenstein does not have an embassy or consulate in the Philippines. It is the Embassy of Switzerland that will process your application. However, you will submit your documents to VFS Global who is based in Manila and your application will be sent to the embassy on your behalf.
Types of Schengen visas offered at VFS Global/the Embassy of Switzerland in Manila
It is important to apply for the correct visa otherwise your application could be rejected. This will be determined by:
- Your reason for going to Liechtenstein
- The duration of your trip
There are 3 types of visa you may apply for:
- Schengen visa – you will apply for this visa if you plan to visit Liechtenstein for tourism, business, or to visit family/friends for up to 90 days
- National visa – you will apply for this visa if you plan to visit Liechtenstein for employment, study or other reason for more than 90 days
- Airport Transit visa – you will apply for this visa if you are transiting through the Philippines on your way to a different destination and not leaving the international zone of the airport
How Can I Apply for a Liechtenstein Schengen Visa from VFS Global in the Philippines?
To help you apply for your visa for Liechtenstein, there are a series of simple steps to follow:
- Step 1 – Identify visa type
- Step 2 – Begin your application
- Step 3 – Book an appointment
- Step 4 – Pay your fees
- Step 5 – Visit a visa application center
- Step 6 – Track your application
- Step 7 – Collect your passport
Let’s take a look at each step in detail.
Step 1 – Identify visa type
Go to VFS Global’s website and click on: “Start now”:
Under “Step 1 – Identify visa type” click on the link for “Visa type”:
Choose the reason you are going to Liechtenstein and you will be presented with information regarding fees, documents required and processing time etc:
Make sure you read this information fully, so you apply for the correct visa.
Step 2 – Begin your application
To begin your application, go to the embassy’s website and click on: “Visa and entry to Switzerland”:
Click on the visa you are applying for (on the left-hand side):
Click on: ” Application for Schengen visa and procedure”:
If you are applying for a National visa, you’ll find the application form by clicking on: “Which documents should I submit with a national visa application?”
On the next page, you will see a link for the application form:
You can download this form to your computer. Complete it fully, print and sign it because you will need to submit this along with the other documents.
Step 3 – Book an appointment
Making appointments with the embassy, consulate or visa application centre is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, the visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below.
- Go to VFS Global’s website and click on “Start now”
- Scroll down to Step 3 – book an appointment read the instructions before clicking on the link
- Click on “Let’s get started”
- Create a new account if you don’t already have one
- Log in and make an appointment on a day that’s convenient for you
- Receive an email to confirm your appointment along with a letter of appointment (take this when you submit your application to VFS Global)
Step 4 – Pay your fees
You will pay the visa fee when you submit your documents at the visa application center. These fees are non-refundable whatever the embassy’s decision. You can pay in cash only in Philippine Pesos.
|Visa type||Amount in Philippine Pesos (PHP)|
|Schengen and National visa – adults||4,600|
|Children aged from 6 to 12||2,300|
|Children up to 6 years old||Free|
|Visas for family members of EU/EFTA citizens||Free|
|VFS Global Service Fee||1,150|
Step 5 – Visit a visa application center
When you are due to attend your appointment, be aware of the following things:
- Aim to arrive 15 minutes before your appointment. If you arrive later than 15 minutes of your scheduled appointment, you will be required to make a new appointment
- You must attend the appointment for your visa application. You cannot send someone in your place
- Take your visa application, as well as a valid passport or travel document with at least 2 pages that are blank on both sides
- Take all supporting documentation (see below)
At the visa application center, you will also need to submit your fingerprints and photograph. This is known as biometric information. Without biometrics information, your visa application will not be processed.
If you miss your appointment on the scheduled day, you will need to book a new appointment after 24 hours from your original appointment date.
Check the embassy’s website for documents required for your visa application. There are checklists for each type of visa, so you should get to know the requirements before you submit your application.
You should also prepare photocopies as well as providing the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- Passport – with at least 3 months validity from the end of the approved duration stay and must contain at least two blank visa pages
- Visa application form – completed, signed twice by you or legal guardian (if minor)
- Passport photographs x 2. Photographs must be identical, clear and coloured with a white background and not older than 6 months. 1st picture pasted on the application form and 2nd picture has to be clipped on the last page of the passport
- Flight reservation – with name and passenger registration number or reservation number. Must be roundtrip air travel and, if applicable, proof of intra-Schengen flight, train itinerary or car rental
- International travel insurance – minimum coverage of EUR 30,000.00 including expenses for personal accident, urgent medical treatment, urgent admission in a hospital or urgent repatriation on medical grounds. Insurance has to cover the entire stay in the Schengen territory and must be valid for all Schengen member states
- Proof of accommodation in Liechtenstein – hotel booking /reservation containing the complete name, contact information of the hotel and booking reference and/or confirmation of package tour
- Detailed day-to-day itinerary/travel plan/schedule of activities
- Proof of financial means – bank/credit card statements, bank certification, bank books etc., for the last six months
- If employed – certificate of employment (position, date of hiring, salary), certificate of approved leave of absence and income tax return
- If self-employed and/or company owner – Department of Trade Industry (DTI)/Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) registration of business, income tax return, business financial statement and bank statements etc for the last six months
- If student – proof of enrolment, student ID card, certificate of leave of absence if traveling during school year
- If traveling with spouse and/or child/children – marriage contract and birth certificate(s) of the child/children
- Minors – Affidavit of support and consent of parents, Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSDW) clearance and passport(s) of both parents/legal guardians
- If you are traveling to a third country (e.g. UK, USA, Canada, Croatia, etc.) after leaving the Schengen Area, the visa of the next country is required
- For non-Filipino applicants who have valid residence status in the Philippines – Alien Certificate Registration (ACR)
- Photocopy of valid passport as well as old passports
- Invitation letter
- Sponsorship letter
- Employment contract
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 6 – Track your application
You will receive an email when your passport has been returned to VFS Global. You can also receive SMS to your phone for an additional fee. Alternatively, you can track your application with the tracking tool. Go to VFS Global’s website and click on the link under “Step 6 – Track your application”:
On the next page, key in your reference number and date of birth to access the tracking information:
Step 7 – Collect your passport
After a visa application decision has been made, you can pick up your passport from VFS Global or have it returned via courier for an additional fee.
If you collect your document in person, you will need your receipt issued by VFS Global and a form of ID.
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason
Common rejection reasons include:
- You have a visa already – if you have previously applied for a Schengen visa which was approved, it may still be valid. Check this before you submit a new application because it may save you time
- No invitation letter – if you are being invited to Liechtenstein by someone, either in your family or a friend or someone in a company, you must submit an invitation letter
- Bank statements do not cover the last 6 months – it is a mandatory requirement that you provide 6 months bank statements (or credit card statements), so make sure you do this
- Passport does not have 2 free pages – your passport needs at least 2 free pages, so the visa can be attached inside. If it does not, you need to get a new one before applying for a visa
How to contact VFS Global in Manila
Address: Visa Application Centre, 30th Floor The World Center, Sen Gil J Puyat Ave Makati City 1231, Philippines
Business Hours: Tuesday and Thursday, 09.00 – 14.00
Passport Collection: Tuesday and Thursday, 09.00 – 14.00
To apply for a Liechtenstein Schengen visa from the Embassy of Switzerland in Manila, follow these simple steps:
- Identify your visa type
- Begin your application
- Book an appointment
- Pay your fees
- Visit a visa application center
- Track your application
- Collect your passport
Next stop, Liechtenstein!
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.
How to Apply for Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Austria Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Belgium Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Czech Republic Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Spain Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Netherlands Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Italy Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for France Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Germany Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Greece Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Denmark Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Norway Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Iceland Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Switzerland Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Portugal Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Sweden Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Finland Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Malta Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Poland Schengen Visa from Philippines
How to Apply for Latvia Schengen Visa from Philippines