VR Team | May 21, 2022 | 0 comments
Liechtenstein Visa From Nigeria – How to Apply for Liechtenstein Schengen Visa Application Requirements Guide
Located in the Schengen Area, Liechtenstein is a small country, but you’ll still find plenty of things to keep you occupied. Towns like Balzers and Triesen are good to visit if you like history. If you prefer exploring nature reserves, head to Ruggell. Whatever you do there, you’ll have a lot of fun! In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Liechtenstein visa from Nigeria, Liechtenstein visa appointment booking, processing time at the Liechtenstein visa application centre, flight itinerary for a Liechtenstein visa, hotel bookings for a Liechtenstein visa, Schengen travel insurance for a Liechtenstein visa application, and Liechtenstein visa application process in Nigeria.
Image by sunflair/Pixabay
Applying for a Liechtenstein Schengen Visa from Nigeria
If you are thinking of going to Liechtenstein, you will need to apply for a visa. To do this, you must be a citizen or have legal residency in Nigeria.
There is no embassy for Liechtenstein in Nigeria. Instead, Switzerland represents Liechtenstein, so you will apply for your visa at the Embassy of Switzerland in Abuja.
Visa applications are processed in 15 days, so you should apply at least 15 days prior to your trip. It’s best to apply as early as you can to avoid the disappointment of not getting a visa in time. You may apply up to 6 months before your trip. The Embassy of Switzerland recommends that you apply at least 8 weeks prior to your date of travel.
Types of Schengen visas offered at the Embassy of Switzerland in Abuja
It is important to apply for the correct visa otherwise your application could be rejected. This will depend on:
- Your reason for going to Liechtenstein
- The duration of your trip
There are 3 types of visa you may apply for:
- Schengen visa – for tourism, business, or to visit family/friends for up to 90 days
- National visa – for employment, study or other reason for more than 90 days
- Airport Transit visa – if you are transiting through Liechtenstein on your way to a different destination and not leaving the international zone of the airport
How Can I Apply for a Liechtenstein Schengen Visa from the Embassy of Switzerland in Abuja?
Everything you need to know about applying for your visa can be found on the embassy’s website, so take the time to look at this before applying.
The first thing you’ll need to do is to make an appointment to submit your application to the embassy.
Make an appointment
Making appointments with the embassy, consulate or visa application centre is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, the visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below.
- Go to the embassy’s website and click on “visa and entry to Switzerland”
- Click on “Visa – entry to and residence in Switzerland”
- Scroll down and choose the visa you are applying for
- Scroll down the page and click on: “documentation to submit with a Schengen visa application”
- Click on the “getting an appointment” document
- Read the instructions to make an appointment
- Send an e–mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +234 (0)810 071 8141
- Provide the following information to make your appointment – purpose of your trip, family & given name, telephone number, passport number, e-mail address and date of arrival in Liechtenstein
Complete your application form
To find the application form, go to the embassy’s website and click on: “visa and entry to Switzerland”:
Click on: “visa – entry to and residence in Switzerland:
Click on the visa you are applying for:
Click on: “application for Schengen visa and procedure”:
Scroll down and you’ll find the link for the application form which you can download to complete and print:
Prepare your documents
You will find checklists for each type of visa on the embassy’s website. It’s a good idea to get to know the requirements before you submit your application.
You should also prepare photocopies as well as providing the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- One completed Schengen application form
- Passport valid at least three months after leaving Liechtenstein
- All previous passports, either valid or cancelled
- One photocopy of identification page of passport
- Copy of all valid Schengen, UK, US and Canadian visas
- For non–Nigerian nationals residing in Nigeria: copy of the Nigerian residence permit
- Two passport photographs, not older than 3 months. Photos must meet full specifications
- For self–employed: introduction letter; business incorporation certificates and memorandum, company bank statement and personal bank statements for the last three months
- For employees: introduction letter from the employer with start date of employment, annual salary, leave period and return date; salary slips for the last 3 months, bank statements showing salary for the last 3 months
- Hotel reservation
- Flight reservation / booking, including return flight
- Detailed itinerary from date of arrival to departure within Liechtenstein/Schengen territory
- Proof of international travel insurance. The insurance must be valid throughout the territory of the Schengen Member States and shall cover the entire stay. The minimum coverage must be EUR 30,000
- Minors travelling alone or with one parent: Copy of birth certificate, letter of consent from both
parents, copy of both parents’ passports
- For a married couple travelling together: marriage certificate
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Attend your appointment
On the day of your appointment, arrive at least 10 minutes in advance. Show your passport to verify that your name is on the list. Please allow for some extra time, as there can be delays. Make sure you have all your documents. If your application is incomplete, you may need a new appointment.
You will also be asked to provide biometric information which is a fingerprint scan and a photograph.
You may be asked additional questions about your application if the embassy needs to verify anything. Questions you may be asked include:
- Have you been to Liechtenstein before?
- What is your job in Nigeria?
- Has your employer agreed your absence?
- Do you have children?
Collect your passport
The visa procedure takes 15 days from the date on which your application is accepted as complete and which appears on the receipt ticket given to you. You will need this receipt to get your passport back. You can collect your passport from the embassy Monday to Thursday between 14:00 and 14:30 and on Friday between 10:30 and 11:00.
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason. The reasons for refusal will be given and you have the right to appeal within 30 days of receipt of the refusal
Common rejection reasons include:
- The purpose of your trip is not clear – you must state why you are going to Liechtenstein. This could be for tourism or business etc., and the documents you provide must show the purpose clearly
- Documents missing – if must submit everything that is required. Check what documents you need before attending your appointment and handing in your application
- No invitation letter – if you are being invited to Liechtenstein by someone, either in your family or a friend or someone in a company, you must submit an invitation letter
- Bank statements do not cover the last 3 months – it is a mandatory requirement that you provide 3 months bank statements, so make sure you do this
You will pay the visa fee when you submit your documents to the embassy. The fee is non-refundable whatever the embassy’s decision.
|Amount in NGN
|Children aged from 6 to 12 years
|Children up to 6 years old
Everyone entering Liechtenstein must present a completed entry form completed up to 48 hours before arrival.
You may also have to show a negative test result. This also applies if you have been vaccinated or recovered from COVID, and regardless of what country you enter from.On boarding your flight and on entering Liechtenstein, you must be able to show the negative result of a PCR test (performed no more than 72 hours prior to boarding. You must have this test in your country of departure.Once in Liechtenstein, you must take another PCR test or rapid antigen test between the 4th and 7th day after entry.Please see the Federal Office of Public Health for Switzerland & Liechtenstein website for more information.
Contact details for the Embassy of Switzerland in Abuja
Address: 157, Adetokunbo Ademola Cr. Wuse II Abuja 900288
Visa information by telephone: +234 (0)810 388 1063
Submission of applications: Monday to Thursday, 08.00 am – 11.00 am
|14:00 – 16:00
|14:00 – 16:00
|14:00 – 16:00
|14:00 – 16:00
|10:30 – 12:00
To apply for a Liechtenstein Schengen visa from the Embassy of Switzerland in Abuja, follow these simple steps:
- Make an appointment
- Complete your application
- Prepare your documents
- Attend your appointment
- Collect your passport
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.
Apply for France Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Spain Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Italy Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Germany Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Denmark Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Norway Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Czech Republic Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Netherlands Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Iceland Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Belgium Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Switzerland Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Portugal Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Sweden Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Poland Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Greece Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Finland Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Slovakia Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Slovenia Schengen Visa From Nigeria