Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
Hungary Visa From Nigeria – How to Apply for Hungarian Schengen Visa Application Requirements Guide
One of the Schengen countries you may want to visit is Hungary. With plenty of things to see in lots of exciting cities and some of Europe’s most beautiful scenery in the countryside, you’ll be sure to enjoy this lovely destination. In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Hungary visa from Nigeria, Hungary visa appointment booking, processing time at the Hungary visa application centre, flight itinerary for a Hungary visa, hotel bookings for a Hungary visa, Schengen travel insurance for a Hungary visa application, and Hungary visa application process in Nigeria.
Image by 12019/Pixabay
Hungary Schengen Visas
In 2019, 237,851 Hungary visa applications were processed by embassies around the world. 18,622 (7.8%) were rejected. The Embassy of Hungary in Abuja received 1,179 applications and rejected 582 (49.4%)
Applying for a Hungary Schengen Visa from Nigeria
If you are planning on going to Hungary and you are from or legally residing in Nigeria, you will need to apply for a visa.
The Embassy of Hungary in Abuja deals with all visa applications and this is where you will submit your documents. You will need to make an appointment to do this. You may book your appointment up to six months prior to your trip. Please note, the embassy may not accept an application if it is submitted less than 15 days before the planned date of travel. This is because it may not be processed in time. The processing time is 15 days.
Types of Schengen visas offered at the Embassy of Hungary in Abuja
There are 2 types of visa and the one you need to apply for will depend on how long you are going to Hungary and the purpose of your trip.
- Schengen C Visa – for up to 90 days for tourism, business and visiting family/friends
- Residence Permit D Visa – for over 90 days for work, study etc
How Can I Apply for a Hungary Schengen Visa from the Embassy of Hungary in Nigeria?
To apply for your Hungary visa, there are a number of steps that you need to follow. The first thing you will need to do is to book your appointment. The embassy advises that you book your appointment as much in advance as possible, especially during summer as the number of applications is high and they will not fast-track your application.
Step 1 – Book your appointment
Making appointments with the embassy, consulate or visa application centre is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, the visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below.
- Go to the embassy’s website and click on “visa information”
- Click on the link for Konzinfo Booking System
- Complete the booking data
- Select a date
- Validate the booking
- Receive a booking confirmation
Step 2 – Complete your application form
To complete your application form, go to the embassy’s website and click on “visa information”:
On the next page, scroll down and click on the link to download the form. Remember to sign it!
Step 3 – Prepare your documents
Before you apply, you should know what documents you need to submit along with your visa application. You can download the checklist from the embassy’s website. Spend time getting to know the requirements before you start to prepare your documents because they are different depending on the purpose of your trip! You should also prepare photocopies as well as providing the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- Application form
- Passport with a validity of at least three months after the proposed end of stay, and with at least two blank pages and must have been issued in the last 10 years
- Passport photograph x 1 (Click on the link to see full specifications for photos)
- Documents relating to accommodation: either an invitation letter from the host (if applicable) or proof of accommodation such as a hotel reservation
- Proof of itinerary: confirmation of the booking of an organised trip etc
- In the case of transit: visa or other entry permit for the third country of destination & tickets for onward journey
- Flight reservation round-trip ticket
- Proof of financial means – 3 months bank statements
- Proof of employment: bank statements/payslips
- Proof of real estate property (if applicable)
- Proof of integration into the country of residence: family ties, professional status etc
- Proof of travel insurance – minimum cover 30,000 Euros
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4 – Submit your visa application
On the day of your appointment, arrive early and remember to take all your documents. If you forget to submit everything, it could mean your visa application will be rejected. You will also submit biometric information which is a photograph and a scan of your fingerprints.
When you are seen by the consular office, they will go through your paperwork and you may be asked questions about your application. Typical questions include:
- Is this your first time traveling to Europe?
- What are you going to do in Hungary?
- Do you know anyone in Hungary?
- Are you traveling alone?
All you have to do is to answer the questions honestly.
Step 5 – Pay your fees
The Embassy of Hungary accepts the visa fee only in Nigerian Naira. The payments are to be made at the Maitama Main Branch of Zenith Bank Plc. A 200 NGN additional deposit fee may apply.
Processing your application is subject to receiving the payment by the deadline stated on the slip given. Payments are to be made directly after submission, but no later than the close of business on the next banking day. If the payment is not received, the application will not be processed.
|Type of Visa||Fee in NGN|
|Schengen ’C’ visa (for children 6-12 of age)||20,000|
|Schengen ’C’ visa (for children under the age of 6)||0|
|Residence permit ’D’ visa||30,000|
Step 6 – Receive your visa
The embassy will notify you when a decision has been made and you can collect your passport.
The decision will be either:
- Approved – you will find your visa inside your passport
- Rejected – this could have been for many reasons. You have the right to appeal the decision within 8 days
Rejection reasons include:
- You provided a false, counterfeit or forged travel document – this is not a good idea because the embassy will find out. Plus, it could affect your chances of getting a visa in the future
- No proof of the purpose of your trip – you must provide proof of why you are visiting Hungary such as a travel itinerary or tickets to a conference etc
- Insufficient funds – you must be able to prove that you can afford your trip by providing bank or credit card statements
- No proof of ties to your home country – you must prove that you have ties to your home country because the embassy will want to see that you plan on returning there
Regardless of the passenger’s citizenship, there are no restrictions that apply to travelers as long as:
- You have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months from the date of entry
- You hold a Hungarian immunity certificate and your accompanying minor children (only if you travel together)
- You hold an immunity certificate that is recognised by Hungary based on unilateral/bilateral agreements (see the list of these countries)
- You arrive in Hungary through land borders from Serbia, excluding the case of entry by civil aircraft
- You present a negative PCR result in English or in Hungarian, performed within 72 hours from the time of entry
Travelers fulfilling one of the above mentioned criteria do not need any permission in order to enter Hungary, they do not need to go into isolation, and their length of stay is not limited (you must still have a valid visa)
Further information on travelling to Hungary is available here visithungary – Entry rules in force
How to contact the Embassy of Hungary in Abuja, Nigeria
Address: 11 River Niger St, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria
Hours: Monday to Thursday – 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. On Fridays, the Consular Section is closed
Collection of passports and documents: Tuesdays and Thursdays – 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
To apply for a Hungary visa from the Embassy of Hungary in Abuja, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1 – Book your appointment
- Step 2 – Complete your application form
- Step 3 – Prepare your documents
- Step 4 – Submit your visa application
- Step 5 – Pay your fees
- Step 6 – Receive your visa
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.