Proof of Accommodation – How to Get Hotel Reservation for Visa Application
If you are planning a trip to Europe, you will need to submit specific documents to the embassy or consulate of the country you plan to visit. One of these documents is a hotel booking or reservation, but do you really want to book a hotel and pay for it when there is no guarantee that your visa application will be approved? Probably not! However, there is a way to provide the relevant documentation without paying for it! It’s called a dummy hotel booking or reservation. In this article, learn more about hotel bookings for Schengen visas and make applying for a visa easier then ever!
What is a Hotel Reservation for a Schengen Visa?
A hotel reservation proves that you have your accommodation arranged in the country you are planning to visit. It also proves that you are able to sustain yourself financially during your trip. In addition, it confirms your travel dates and the length of your trip. Embassies and consulates take this information into account when deciding whether to approve your visa application. For example, if you have mentioned your trip will last for 10 days, you need to be able to show that your accommodation also matches the same number of days. This can be done in 3 ways:
- Provide an invitation letter from a friend or relative residing in the country you are visiting
- Book a reservation with a hotel or hostel and use the confirmation letter as proof of accommodation
- Get a dummy hotel reservation through a verified agent
Any of these 3 documents will be accepted by the embassy or consulate as proof of accommodation and will ensure maximum chances of approval. However, you might not be visiting a friend or relative and if you book a reservation with a hotel or hostel, this will cost you money which might not be refunded if your visa gets rejected. So, that leaves a dummy hotel reservation through an agent.
When applying for your Schengen visa, you will find the flight itinerary/reservation as a mandatory document that you need to provide along with other supporting documents.
For example, the Spain consulate in San Francisco (Point# 9) asks for
“Proof of accommodation: One of the following:
– Original Local Police invitation letter from a family member or friend who resides in Spain
– Detailed hotel reservation with the complete address and contact phone number for all Schengen countries where you will be staying. If you are part of a tour or cruise, include a letter from your travel agent stating a complete itinerary of cities and hotels.”
For example, the Croatian Embassy in India (Point# 7) asks for:
“Proof of the purpose of stay in Croatia:
- certificate of a paid tourist package;
- booking of a hotel or other accommodation;
- private accommodation booking (copy of the decision of the competent office in Croatia approving the renting)
- day to day itinerary with ensured accommodation for the entire stay
- complete Croatian telephone contact and address for all accommodations
- proof of ownership or lease of a boat/yacht etc.;
For example, the Belgian Embassy in Philippines asks for:
“Proof of accommodation
Hotel confirmation or hotel voucher “
For example, the Italian Embassy in London asks for:
“proof of accommodation (hotel booking, Declaration of hospitality, declaration whereby accommodation costs shall be borne by the person inviting)“
For example, the Netherlands Embassy in the United States (Point# 5.1) asks for:
5.2 Proof of accommodation.
Evidence of hotel bookings or travel plan for the entire Schengen area:
• Individuals: confirmed hotel reservations, stating name, address and telephone number of the hotel, including confirmation nu
For example, the Austrian embassy in New York simply asks for:
“Proof of accommodation: hotel reservation, lease contract”
As you can see from these examples, there is no getting round this requirement – if you are applying for a Schengen visa for any of the 26 countries in the Schengen area, you will need to provide the proof of accommodation as part of your visa application. This will ensure you have the best chance of getting your visa approved.
If your visa is rejected, you can cancel the reservation without losing any money.
How to Get a Dummy Hotel Reservation for Visa?
A dummy hotel reservation is simply a hotel booking specifically used for the purpose of getting a visa. The booking is created depending on your travel dates and once you know the outcome of your visa application the hotel reservation dates can be changed or the booking can be cancelled if your visa gets rejected. The added advantage of getting a dummy hotel reservation is you don’t pay for the hotel up front, so you won’t lose any money if your visa gets rejected. There is just a basic service charge to the travel agent who does everything for you.
Verified travel agencies like Visa Reservation can do this for you at a very nominal charge and can even handle multiple hotel reservations at a time. There is absolutely no need for you to feel stressed when we can take care of everything, leaving you to enjoy planning your trip!
To assist you through this process smoothly, our team at Visa Reservation has created several packages to suit the needs of different kinds of travelers. These packages not only include hotel reservation for visa, but other required documents too, such as Flight Booking for Visa Application, Travel Insurance for Visa Application. So whether you are planning to visit a single country or multiple countries in the Schengen area, we can take care of all your hotel reservation needs. In addition, if you are planning on visiting more than one country, there is no need to create separate hotel itineraries, for a nominal fee we can put together a suitable package which covers every little detail of your trip.
With regard to flight itinerary for visa, Visa Reservation, offers three kinds of hotel itinerary reservation options for you to choose from:
- Normal delivery – receive a customized hotel reservation within 24 hours
- Priority delivery – receive a customized hotel reservation within 6 hours
- Rush delivery – receive a customized hotel reservation within 1 hour. You can speak with the support representatives on how to get this done
Simply pick a delivery option and we will get the job done for you quickly and efficiently. Let us do all the hard work, so you can enjoy the countdown to your trip!
All you need to do is:
- Go to VisaReservation
- Choose the product Hotel Booking Plan Only
- Provide the required information
- Make the online payment
- Receive an e-mail with all the details of your hotel reservation
- Print the email and present it to the visa official at your visa appointment
See What Customers are Saying About Visa Reservation!
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.
1) Why do I have to provide a hotel booking?
The embassy or consulate needs to see that you have pre-arranged accommodation for the duration of your trip to prove that you can pay for yourself as well as confirming the length of your trip
2) If I am staying with a friend in Europe, what documentation can I provide?
You can provide an invitation letter which has to be agreed by the local authorities
3) Will my application be rejected if I am unable to provide a hotel booking?
The hotel reservation is a standard requirement which you have to provide when applying for a Schengen visa. If you are unable to provide this, you could provide a cover letter explaining why you cannot do so. However, there is no guarantee that your visa application will be approved, so it’s best to provide what is required
4) What if I have already submitted my visa application?
It’s recommended that you submit all the required documents before you submit your application to avoid it being rejected
How to get Schengen visa travel insurance for visa
How to get flight itinerary for visa or flight reservation for visa application
How to get Schengen visa appointment
Last Updated on
Jeeva – Sure, we can help you with the hotel reservations for Germany visa. Pls follow this link and you will see the cost: https://visareservation.com/hotel-itinerary-for-visa-application/
I want book Dummy hotel reservation for germany job seeker visa application….how much it cost…?
Comments are closed.