How to Apply for a Czech Republic Schengen Visa from Australia in 5 Easy Steps – A Complete Guide
The Czech Republic is one of the most interesting of all the Schengen countries due to its history and famous attractions like Charles Bridge and the Astronomical Clock in Prague. Out in the country, you’ve got 4 national parks to explore, so what are you waiting for? In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Czech Republic visa at the Consulate General of the Czech Republic in Sydney, Australia, Czech Republic visa appointment booking, processing time at the Czech Republic visa application centre, flight itinerary for a Czech Republic visa, hotel bookings for a Czech Republic visa, Schengen travel insurance for a Czech Republic visa application, and Czech Republic visa application process at the Sydney consulate.
Czech Republic Schengen Visas
In 2018, embassies and consulates around the world received 662,902 visa applications for the Czech Republic and rejected 31,206. During the same year, the Consulate General of the Czech Republic received 407 applications and rejected just 1.
Applying for a Schengen Visa from Australia
If you are from Australia, you do not need a visa to be able to visit the Czech Republic. However, if you are a non-Australian citizen by birth, but you permanently live in the country, you do need to apply for a visa. To apply from Australia, you must be able to provide evidence that you have a legal right to live there. If you hold a B1 or B2 visa, you must apply from the country where you were born.
The consular district of the Consulate of the Czech Republic in Sydney, includes Australia, New Zealand and countries of the Pacific. All visa applications are processed by the Consulate General of the Czech Republic in Sydney. The Embassy of the Czech Republic in Canberra, the Honorary Consulates in Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth do not accept visa applications.
You have to make sure you apply at the right Czech Republic visa office.
Types of Schengen visas offered at the Consulate General of the Czech Republic in Sydney
There are different types of visas available and the one you apply for will depend on why you are going to the Czech Republic and how long you plan to stay there. You may apply for either:
- Schengen visa (C) if you are travelling for tourism, business, visiting family or friends for up to 90 days
- Airport Transit visa (A) is required when you are connecting through a Schengen country airport and not leaving the airport
- National visa (D) if you want to stay in the Czech Republic for more than 90 days for family reasons, study or employment
How Can I Apply for a Schengen Visa from the Consulate General of the Czech Republic in Sydney?
Applications can be made within 90 days of your departure date and you should apply with lots of time to spare. time. You should make sure that your appointment date is at least 15 days prior to your scheduled departure date, but the earlier the better. Schengen visa applications are processed within 2-10 days after receiving a complete application. Some applications may take up to 30 days.
Here are 5 easy steps to follow to help you apply for your visa:
Step 1: How to complete your application?
You can find the application form on the consulate’s website. Click on: “Visa and Consular”:
Next, click on: “Visa and residency information”:
On the next page, scroll down to “Application Forms” and click on the link:
Click on the link for the visa application form:
Then, choose your language:
You can either fill out the form electronically and then print it out or print out the form first and fill it out by hand.
Step 2: How to make an appointment?
Making appointments with the embassy or visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below:
- Go to the consulate’s website and click on: “Visa and consular”
- Scroll down to “Appointment for submitting application for Schengen visa at the consulate in Sydney
- Read the notes
- Request for appointment only via e-mail: email@example.com
When you request your appointment, you must provide the following information:
- Full name
- Country that issued your passport
- What kind of the visa you request for
- Date of departure from Australia
- Confirm the Czech Republic as the main destination of your trip
Step 3: Prepare your documents
The consulate’s website has a list of required documents, so look at that before you start to prepare your documents. If you take the time to do this, there is less chance of a rejected application.
You should also prepare photocopies as well as providing the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- A passport or official travel document issued within the last 10 years valid for at least three months. Please make sure your passport has at least 2 blank pages
- Visa application form
- Passport photograph in colour
- Round trip reservation – return international air ticket, railway or bus ticket with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Schengen states
- Visas to all countries on route from the Schengen area (if applicable)
- Proof of Schengen travel insurance – policy that covers medical expenses related to injury or illness in the Czech Republic including expenses connected with transportation of the foreigner to the country of which they are a passport holder or to a country in which they have permanent residence. Minimum insurance cover must be of EUR 30,000 and the policy must be valid for the duration of their stay in the Czech Republic
- Proof of financial means last 3 bank statements
- Evidence of purpose of stay in the Schengen area – work/employment contract; travel itinerary; proof of studies etc
- Proof of visa – can be done online from VISA ENTITLEMENT VERIFICATION ONLINE (VEVO) (if applicable)If married or in a partnership, provide a marriage certificate or registered partnership agreement
- Accommodation – a confirmed hotel reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in the Schengen area is requested. If you are staying with a relative or friend, the consulate may request an invitation letter from the host with the copy of his passport or ID
- Official invitation letter from a firm, host organisation, educational establishment or an authority to attend meetings, conferences or events
- Certificate from a medical doctor and/or a medical institution advising that treatment is necessary (if applicable)
- Documents proving your employment status in the company (for example, contract, proof of social security contributions
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: A guide to your visa appointment
On the day of your appointment, remember the following things:
- Don’t be late – if you miss your appointment, you will unlikely be able to attend and you’ll have to make a new one
- Remember to take all your documents – an incomplete application might not be accepted
- Dress smartly – every little thing helps
The visa officer will examine your application and supporting documents and they may ask you questions if they need any more information. Just answer simply and honestly.
- What do you know about the Czech Republic or the EU?
- How long have you lived in Australia?
- Where do you live?
- Are you meeting anyone in the Czech Republic?
- Do you have any children?
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
|Type of visa||Fee|
|Schengen visa – up to 90 days||97AUD/€60|
|National visa – over 90 days||158 AUD/€97|
|Child between 6-12 years of age||56 AUD/€35|
|Children under the age of six||Free|
Visa fee is to be paid in cash or by money order or by bank cheque payable to the “Consulate of the Czech Republic in Sydney.” The fee won’t be refunded even if your visa application is refused.
If this is your first time applying for a Schengen visa, you will have to provide biometric data which is a photograph and a scan of your fingerprints.
Step 5: Receive your visa
Once a decision about your visa has been reached, you can collect your passport from the consulate OR have it return to your home address by mail. If you want your passport returned, you’ll need to provide a self-addressed prepaid Express Post Platinum envelope.
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason and you can appeal the decision
- Travel insurance insufficient – your travel insurance must be adequate (see above requirements)
- Passport issues – your passport must be valid (see above requirements). If not, you must obtain a new one before applying for your visa
- Fake documents – whatever you do, do NOT provide false documents. The consulate will find out and you definitely won’t get this visa now or in the future
- No clear purpose for the trip – the purpose of your trip should be clear and you can do this by providing evidence, such as a travel itinerary or a work permit, depending on your reason for travelling
Ways to contact the Consulate General of the Czech Republic in Sydney:
Mailing address: P.O. BOX 132, Vaucluse NSW 2030
Phone number: + 61 2 9581 0100
Fax: + 61 2 9371 9635
General inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visa matters: email@example.com
Monday 08.30 – 12.00
Tuesday – Thursday 09.00 -11.30 and 13.30 – 15.30
Wednesday 09.00 – 11.30
Thursday 09.00 – 11.30 and 13.30 – 15.30
To apply for a Schengen visa for the Czech Republic in Australia, follow these simple steps:
- Complete your application
- Make your appointment
- Prepare your documents
- Attend your appointment
- Receive your visa
Then, you can get excited about your upcoming trip!
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa, Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.