Greece Visa From Nigeria – How to Apply for Greek Schengen Visa Application Requirements Guide
Of all the Schengen countries Greece is the one you should go to for its picture-perfect islands. Think crystal blue sea and white sandy beaches and you won’t be far wrong! Lots of great food and drinks and plenty of tourist attractions to keep you amused! In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Greece visa in Nigeria, Greece visa appointment booking, processing time at the Greece visa application centre, flight itinerary for a Greece visa, hotel bookings for a Greece visa, Schengen travel insurance for a Greece visa application, and Greece visa application process at the visa office in Nigeria.
Image by Michelle_Raponi/Pixabay
Greece Schengen Visas
During 2019, embassies around the world received 880,892 Greece Schengen visa applications. 39,342 were rejected for various reasons. The embassy in Abuja received 876 applications and rejected 298.
Applying for a Greece Schengen Visa from Nigeria
If you are a citizen of Nigeria, you need to apply for a visa to travel to Greece.
It’s easy to apply from Nigeria. All you need to do is to submit your application and supporting documents to the consular office of the Embassy of Greece in Abuja.
You should submit your application no later than 15 days before your trip to allow enough time for processing. It takes 15 days for the embassy to reach a decision. You may apply up to 3 months ahead.
Types of Schengen visas offered at the Embassy of Greece in Abuja
You must make sure you apply for the correct visa. This will depend on why you wish to go to Greece. There are 3 types of visa available:
- Schengen visa (C) – for tourism, business, visiting family or friends for up to 90 days
- Airport Transit visa (A) – if you are catching a connecting flight in Nigeria and not leaving the international zone of the airport
- National visa (D) – for over 90 days for study, employment or family reasons etc
How Can I Apply for a Greece Schengen Visa in Nigeria?
When you have chosen the correct visa, here are 5 steps to help you apply for it. The first thing you need to do is to complete your application form.
Step 1: Complete your application form
Go to the embassy of Greece’s website and click on: “Services” then “Visas”:
Click on “application form” and you will be able to save it to your computer. You will need to complete it and print it to hand over to the embassy for processing.
Step 2: Make an appointment?
Making appointments with the embassy is generally free and can be done yourself. However, if you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, the visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below:
- Contact the embassy by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait for your appointment to be confirmed
Step 3: Prepare your documents
It is a good idea to spend time getting to know what documents you need to submit. This information can be found on the embassy’s website. If you fail to submit everything, it could lead to your application being rejected. You should also prepare photocopies as well as providing the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- Visa application form – completed and signed
- Passport – must be valid for at least three months after the date of departure from the Schengen zone, at least two empty pages and issued no more than 10 years ago
- Criminal record of the last three years – Certified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For non-Nigerian nationals certified from your embassy
- A recent photograph – check the complete list of photograph specifications
- Copy of flight ticket or round-trip airline reservation
- Proof of financial means – salary slips of the last three years & bank statement and balance of account over last three years
- Original certificate of employment for the last three years and employment letter stating the days of leave
- Tax clearance certificate, for the last three years – certified from the issuing authority and M.F.A. For non-Nigerian nationals certified from your Embassy
- Statement occupying property (e.g. House) – Certified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For non-Nigerian nationals certified from your embassy
- Hotel reservation – letter (in Greek) from hotel with your details including passport number
- Proof of sponsorship (if applicable)
- Invitation letter (if applicable)
- Proof of travel medical insurance – Certified at least from one official and from the Head of the insurance company (name, surname, rank, signature and Company’s seal
- Birth certificate/Family Certificate/Health Certificate etc – Certified by M.F.A. For non-Nigerian nationals certified from your Embassy
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: Attend your appointment
On the day of your appointment:
- Arrive early to avoid having to make a new appointment
- Check that you have completed and signed your application
- Remember ALL your supporting documents
The embassy will:
- Review your application. They may also ask you questions if they need to clarify any of the information you have provided. If this happens, simply answer honestly (see below)
- Take your fingerprints and photograph. This is known as biometric data
- Take the fee for the visa
- Is this your first time traveling to Greece?
- What are you going to do in Greece?
- Do you have any children?
- What is your job in Nigeria?
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
Visa fees are paid in Naira and will not be refunded. You will receive a receipt as proof of payment.
|Type of visa||Fee in Euro|
|Schengen visa – up to 90 days||80|
|National visa – over 90 days||Varies. See the embassy/consulate’s website|
|-Children 0-6 years|
-Family members of EU/EEA and Swiss citizens
-School pupils, students, post-graduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake stays for the purpose of study or educational training
-Researchers from third countries travelling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research
-Representatives of non-profit organisations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organized by non-profit organisations
-Participants aged 25 or less in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events, organized by non-profit organisations
Step 5: Receive your visa
When a decision has been reached, you can pick up your passport from the embassy.
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason and you can appeal the decision
- No invitation letter – if you are being invited to Greece by a person or company, you must provide an invitation letter
- Lack of funds – you must prove that you have enough money for your trip and your bank statements or other documents should show this
- Your passport was issued over 10 years ago – if this is the case, you must obtain a new one before applying for your visa
- You already have a valid Schengen visa – if you have previously applied for a Schengen visa, it may still be valid, so check this before applying for a new one
As of May 14th, travelers arriving in Greece are required to have either a negative PCR certificate for a Covid-19 test taken no later than 72 hours before arrival or a negative antigen (rapid) certificate taken no longer than 48 hours before arrival. This test is mandatory for all tourists (including children over the age of 12).
- Proof of a negative test is not required for travelers that have completed their vaccination (i.e., 14 days have elapsed since the last vaccination, depending on the doses required) and hold a vaccination certificate
- Proof of a negative PCR test is not required for travelers who tested positive with COVID-19 in the past 30 to 180 days. This can be proved either by presenting a positive PCR molecular or an antigen test result performed by an authorized laboratory or a medical certificate confirming that the holder was tested positive with SARS-CoV-2 virus infection
You may still be required to undergo a random health screening upon arrival in Greece.
Before arrival, tourists must fill in the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) before arriving in Greece. For more information, go to the Ministry of Tourism for Greece’s website.
Prior to departure, all travelers must ensure that they carry an acceptable form of certification of their health condition. Acceptable documents include:
- A negative PCR molecular test result from a laboratory; the test must be taken up to 72 hours before entry
- A negative antigen (rapid) test result from a laboratory; the test must be taken up to 48 hours before entry
- A vaccination certificate issued by a certified authority
- A certificate of recovery from the SARS-CoV-2 virus
- Proof of being tested as positive for COVID-19 in the past 30 to 180 days
Upon arrival, travelers arriving in Greece are subject to:
- Sampling RAPID antigen tests at the entrance gates
- Mandatory isolation for 10 days if they test positive for SARS-Cov-2
Contact details of the Embassy of Greece in Abuja
Address: Plot 1975 Cadastral Zone (Dala Hills Close), A05 Maitama Extension, Abuja, Nigeria
Phone: +234 908 78 12 150
Visiting hours: Monday to Friday, 10.00 am – 5.30 pm
To apply for a Schengen visa for Greece in Nigeria, follow these simple steps:
- Complete your application
- Make an appointment
- Prepare your documents
- Attend your appointment
- Receive your visa
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.