You will pay the visa fee as well as GVC’s service fee of INR 2,490. All fees are payable in cash or through UPI (Unified Payments Interface) in Indian Rupees. Fees are not refunded.
Greece Visa From India – How to Apply for Greek Schengen Visa Application Requirements Guide
Greece is a fabulous Schengen country to visit. You will find gorgeous vistas and glorious beaches everywhere! If you want to relax, go on an adventure or learn about history, you will find what you are looking for in Greece. In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Greece visa in India, Greece visa appointment booking, processing time at the Greece visa application center, flight itinerary for a Greece visa, hotel bookings for a Greece visa, Schengen travel insurance for a Greece visa application, and Greece visa application process at the visa office in India.
Image by Michelle Raponi from Pixabay
Greece Schengen Visas
In 2021, embassies around the world received 295,634 visa applications for Greece. Of this amount, 18,545 applications were rejected. The Embassy of Greece in New Delhi received 2,615 applications and rejected 799.
Applying for a Greece Schengen Visa from India
If you are a citizen of India and you are planning on visiting Greece, you need to apply for a visa.
The Embassy of Greece in New Delhi will make the decision as to whether they will grant your visa, however, your application needs to be submitted to Global Visa Center (GVC) who has offices based across India.
The processing time for visa applications is up to 15 days from the date the embassy receives the application from GVC. It could take longer to process if the embassy has to make further checks about your application. It’s important to apply well in advance, especially during the peak months of April through July. You may submit your application no more than 6 months before your planned trip.
Types of Schengen visas offered at the Embassy of Greece in New Delhi
You must make sure you apply for the correct visa. This will depend on your reason for traveling to Greece. There are 3 types of visas available:
- Schengen visa (C) – for tourism, business, visiting family or friends for up to 90 days
- Airport Transit visa (A) – if you are catching a connecting flight in India and not leaving the international zone of the airport
- National visa (D) – for over 90 days for study, employment or family reasons etc
How Can I Apply for a Greece Schengen Visa in India?
There are a few steps to follow when you are ready to apply for your visa. Before applying, please ensure you are very clear on your “purpose of travel”. It is your responsibility to apply for the correct type of visa, so read all the information on GVC’s website before you do anything else.
Step 1: Complete your application form
Go to GVC’s website and click on “Apply online”:
Scroll down and click on “Apply online”:
You will have to create an account before you can access the online application form:
Complete the requested information to create your account and then you can sign in:
Once you have completed your application form online, you will be able to submit it electronically. You must take the printed application along with the supporting documents to your appointment at GVC.
Step 2: Make an appointment
Making appointments with the embassy is generally free and can be done yourself. However, if you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, the visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below:
- Go to GVC’s website and click on “Book your appointment”
- Click the link to schedule an appointment
- Create a new account (if you have not done this already)
- Sign in to make an appointment. Make sure you book an appointment online at the closest center to your address to save you time at the submission counter at GVC, especially during peak season
- Print out the booking and take it with you when you submit your application to GVC
Step 3: Prepare your documents
It is a good idea to spend time getting to know what documents you need to submit. This information can be found on GVC’s website. You should also prepare photocopies as well as original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- Visa application form – completed and signed
- Two recent photographs – check the complete list of photograph specifications
- Passport – valid for at least three months after the date of return to India, has at least two blank pages, issued within the previous ten (10) years
- 1 copy of the identification page and 1 copy of all visa pages
- Cover Letter explaining the details of visit
- Proof of travel medical insurance – minimum cover of 30,000 EURO, for medical costs and medical repatriation, valid in all Schengen countries during the whole validity of the issued visa
- Copy of flight ticket or round-trip airline reservation
- Proof of financial means – salary slips / bank statements
- Proof of employment status whether employed, self-employed, unemployed or retired
- Hotel reservation or other proof of accommodation
- Proof of sponsorship (if applicable)
- Invitation letter (if applicable)
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: Attend your appointment
On the day of your appointment:
- Don’t be late for your appointment, arrive in plenty of time
- Check that you have completed and signed your application
- Remember ALL your supporting documents
The embassy will:
- Review your application. They may also ask you questions if they need to clarify any of the information you have provided. If this happens, simply answer honestly (see below)
- Record biometric information – your fingerprints and a photograph
- Take the fee for the visa
- Are you traveling to Greece for work?
- How long are you going to stay in Greece?
- What is your job in India?
- Has your employer approved your time away from work?
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
|Schengen Short Stay (Type C)||80||6,640|
|Schengen Short Stay (Type C) for nationals of Russian Federation, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus and Kosovo||35||2,905|
|Schengen Short Stay (Type C) for nationals of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Ukraine holders of non-biometric passports||35||2905|
|Minors under twelve (12) years old||Gratis|
|Holders of diplomatic and service passports||Gratis|
|Spouses and children of EU citizens traveling together (proof of relationship required)||Gratis|
|Organized groups of school pupils, students, postgraduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake stays for the purpose of study or educational training||Gratis|
|Researchers from third countries traveling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research||Gratis|
|Representatives and participants of non-profit organizations up to 25 years old participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organised by non-profit organizations||Gratis|
Step 5 – Track your application
Once you have submitted your application, you can track its progress. Go to GVC’s website and click on “Track your application:
Key in your application ID and passport number and then click on: “Submit”:
Step 6 – Collect your passport
When a decision has been reached, you can collect your passport from GVC.
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason and you can appeal the decision
Common rejection reasons include:
- Purpose of travel is not clear – you must provide enough evidence for why you are going to Greece
- Proof of financial means not included – you must prove that you have enough money for your trip and your return journey and you must provide bank statements or other documents should show this
- You submitted false documents – when processing visa applications, the embassy will check everything on your application. If they find that you have given false information and/or documents, you will appear untrustworthy and you may not be allowed to travel now or in the future
- Your passport does not have any empty pages – your passport needs at least 2 empty pages for the visa to be attached. If not, you must obtain a new one before applying for your visa
From 15 March 2022 onwards, travelers visiting Greece are no longer required to fill out the Passenger Locator Form (PLF). Nor are they required to show a valid certificate of vaccination or recovery from COVID-19 or evidence of a negative test result from SARS-CoV-2 infection.
Make sure you check the latest entry requirements before you travel at www. travel.gov.gr
Contact details of Global Visa Center in India
|Ahmedabad||First Floor, Abhijit VI Near Parimal Garden Cross Road, Off C G Road 380 006 Ahmedabad||Submission of Application|
|Bangalore||Manipal center south block S 207 and 2nd floor, 47 Dickenson Road, Bangalore Karnataka 560042, India|
|Submission of Application|
|Chennai||Fagun Towers, III Floor, No 74 Ethiraj salai Egmore 600 008 Chennai||Submission of Application|
08:00-12:00 and 13:00-15:00, Monday-Friday
|Cochin||1st Floor, Manoj Tower (Coastal Chambers), Opposite Mercy Hotel M G Road, Ravipuram 682015 Cochin Kerala||Submission of Application|
08:00-12:00 and 13:00-15:00, Monday-Friday
10:00-12:00 and 13:00-15:00, Monday-Friday
|Hyderabad||8-2-700, Srida Anushka Pride, Rd Number 12, Banjara Hills Hyderabad, Telangana 500034||Submission of Application|
|Kolkata||5th Floor, Rene Tower, Plot No. AA-I, 1842, Rajdanga Main Road, Kolkata 700107 India||Submission of Application|
|Mumbai||4th Floor, Urmi Axis Building, Behind Famous Studio, Opp. E. Moses Road, Mahalaxmi (West)|
Mumbai Maharashtra 400011
|Submission of Application|
|New Delhi||Shivaji Stadium Metro Station, Mezzanine Level Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Connaught Place 110001 New Delhi||Submission of Application|
|Pune||93 Avenue Mall, 4th Floor, Kalubai Chowk, Near Fatima Nagar Junction, Wanowarie, Opp. Croma, Maharashtra|
Pune Maharashtra 411022
|Submission of Application|
Assistance Desk for GVC in India
Tel: +91 22 6786 6011 – 08.00 – 17.00, Monday-Friday
To apply for a Schengen visa for Greece in India, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1 – Complete your application
- Step 2 – Make an appointment
- Step 3 – Prepare your documents
- Step 4 – Attend your appointment
- Step 5 – Track your application
- Step 6 – Collect your passport
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.
Apply For France Schengen Visa From India
Apply For Italy Schengen Visa From India
Apply For Spain Schengen Visa From India
Apply For Germany Schengen Visa From India
Apply For Austria Schengen Visa From India
Apply For Netherlands Schengen Visa From India
Social Media Feeds