How to Get Flight Itinerary for Visa Application – Book Flight Reservation for Visa
If you’re planning on traveling to Europe, you may need to apply for a Schengen visa depending on your nationality. If you have already looked into how to go about this, you may have realized that the process appears to be very detailed. As well as providing your passport there are lots of other documents that need to be submitted to the embassy or consulate you are dealing with and one such document is the flight reservation or flight itinerary.
If you are having trouble understanding what is required and where to go for the best information, you have come to the right place. Visa Reservation can help you with everything there is to know about applying for Schengen visas and this article will provide you with all the information you need about flight itineraries.
What is a flight itinerary?
A flight itinerary for a visa application is a planned flight schedule and provides details such as travel dates and flight times. It has a unique reservation ID(PNR) or code just like actual flight tickets. However, unlike actual flight tickets, flight itinerary or reservation are not fully paid tickets. They are merely a provisional schedule of your travel plans.
Other common phrases that are used interchangeably for flight itinerary are below. Basically, all of these refers to the same concept and have the same meaning.
- Booked flight itinerary
- Confirmed flight itinerary
- Detailed flight reservation
- Flight itinerary for flight visa application
- Air ticket booking
- Dummy air ticket
- Dummy air ticket for visa
- Flight confirmation
- Flight reservation
When applying for your Schengen visa, you will find the flight itinerary/reservation as a mandatory document that you need to provide along with other supporting documents.
For example, the Spain consulate in San Francisco (Point# 9) asks for
“Proof of intended roundtrip flight itinerary: Please provide an email confirmation or website screenshot print out of your intended flight itinerary either direct from the airline or from a flight comparison website clearly showing you intended date of departure and route. We highly recommend not purchasing your flight tickets until your visa has been approved. “
For example, the Croatian Embassy in India (Point# 7) asks for:
“Means of transportation and intention to return to the country of residence: reservation of return travel ticket for airplane, bus, or boat; registration card and driver’s license if travelling by car; if the person is travelling to a third country, then proof of itinerary (travel ticket, etc.).”
For example, the Belgian Embassy in Philippines asks for:
“Copy of the roundtrip airline ticket reservation with Passenger name & Registration Number (or reservation number). Do not pay for/buy the ticket until a visa has been granted. Note: If the application is approved, the visa will be issued according to your roundtrip airline ticket reservation”
For example, the Italian Embassy in London asks for:
“A return ticket (or booking) or evidence that the applicant has their own means of transport”
For example, the Spanish embassy in Canberra (Point# 4(c))requires:
“Reservation of return or round ticket, including confirmation of the booking of an organised trip including a detailed itinerary. In the case of transit: visa or other entry permit for the third country of destination; tickets for onward journey”
For example, the Austrian embassy in New York simply asks for:
“Airline reservation or itinerary (purchase of tickets is not recommended since visa can be denied) and if applicable reservation for Train, Bus, Boat, or car rental.”
As you can see from these examples, there is no getting round this requirement – if you are applying for a Schengen visa for any of the 26 countries in the Schengen area, you will need to provide a flight itinerary as part of your visa application. This will ensure you have the best chance of getting your visa approved.
Once you get your visa approved, flight itineraries can be converted into an actual flight ticket by confirming the reservation. If needed, you will be able to change the dates of the reservation. If your visa is rejected, you can cancel the reservation without losing any money.
Why Do You Need a Flight Itinerary for a Schengen Visa Application?
There are a few reasons why you need a flight itinerary for a visa application:
- So the embassy can check the dates of your trip
- So the length of your trip can be confirmed against other documentation
- It supports your visa application and gives you a higher chance of success
- There is no need to pay hundreds of dollars up front
- You can change the dates or cancel at a later date
- There would be no loss to you financially in the event of your visa application being rejected
In addition, actual flight tickets have fixed travel dates which means that you have to travel on a specific date. If you then applied for a visa, the process could take longer and you might not be able to travel on that date. Plus, depending on the type of fare you bought, you would not receive a full refund from the airline. This is why it’s recommended that you always opt for a reserved flight itinerary for your visa application.
Flight Itinerary Options
There are different flight itinerary options that you can consider:
- One way itinerary – Single flight between two cities. For example, New York to France
- Round trip itinerary – Flight to a single destination and back to the original port of departure. For example, New York to Germany and back to New York
- Multiple city itinerary – Includes flights to more than 2 cities. For example, London-Paris-Amsterdam-London
- Group travelers itinerary – Flight itineraries created for more than one traveller
- Multiple airlines itinerary – Flights using more than one airline on the same trip. For example, London to Paris via British Airways and Paris to London via Air France
Each of these flight itinerary types are suitable for different kinds of travellers and their own travel requirements. In most cases, all of these flight itinerary types are accepted by embassies depending on which country you are applying to. Check the website of the relevant embassy or consulate before you start your application.
Where to get your flight itinerary from?
When you have decided which country you plan to visit and you start to gather all the required documents, reach out for a helping hand! However, before you decide whether to book your flight ticket or whether you should opt for a flight itinerary consider the following things:
- A flight itinerary service is not offered by all airlines. If airlines are able to provide a flight itinerary, they usually come with terms and conditions to state that the document is only valid for a limited time which means that might not be practical when you apply for your visa. This means that when the embassy checks the booking ID and cannot find it because it is no longer valid, this would result in your visa application being rejected
- Obtaining a flight itinerary through a verified agent means that the document will be valid for 2 -3 weeks, giving you more time to get your visa processed. You’ll then have the required documentation to support your visa application. Plus, you can choose who you fly with after the visa is approved
To assist you through this process smoothly, our team at Visa Reservation has created several packages to suit the needs of different kinds of travelers. These packages not only include flight reservation for visa, but other required documents too, such as Hotel Booking for Visa Application, Travel Insurance for Visa Application. These packages are suitable for travelers looking for any of the above mentioned flight itinerary types. So whether you are planning to visit a single country or multiple countries in the Schengen area, we can take care of all your flight reservation needs. In addition, if you are planning on visiting more than one country, there is no need to create separate flight itineraries, for a nominal fee we can put together a suitable package which covers every little detail of your trip.
With regard to flight itinerary for visa, Visa Reservation, offers three kinds of flight itinerary reservation options for you to choose from:
- Normal delivery – receive a customized flight itinerary within 24 hours
- Priority delivery – receive a customized flight itinerary within 6 hours
- Rush delivery – receive a customized flight itinerary within 1 hour. You can speak with the support representatives on how to get this done
Simply pick a delivery option and we will get the job done for you quickly and efficiently. Let us do all the hard work, so you can enjoy the countdown to your trip!
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for your visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary by email
See What Customers are Saying about Visa Reservation!
1) Can I pay for an actual flight ticket upfront and risk my money?
Yes, you can. However, if your visa application takes longer to process than anticipated or it’s rejected altogether, you may not receive a full refund from the airline
2) Why is a flight itinerary a good idea?
You don’t have to pay for the flight upfront, the dates can be changed and it can be cancelled if required at no additional cost
3) Why do I have to provide a flight itinerary?
It is a mandatory requirement by embassies so they can confirm the dates, length of travel and to prove to them that you are not going to overstay and will return home at the end of your trip
4) Which flight itinerary option is best for me?
It depends whether you are taking a single trip to one country or you are going to more than 1 country. Plus, whether you are going one way or wish to have a return flight. There are other options available, so it really depends on what you wish to do in terms of travel. Speak to Visa Reservation for advice as they can help you decide which option is the most suitable
5) How does a flight itinerary look like?
A flight itinerary can come in several formats. As long as the flight itinerary or reservation is confirmed and verifiable directly on the airlines website using the reservation code(6 character PNR code) then it will be well accepted by the embassy.
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.
Last Updated on