VR Team | Mar 5, 2022 | 0 comments
Czech Republic Visa From Nigeria – How to Apply for Czech Schengen Visa Application Requirements Guide
The Czech Republic is in Schengen Area and it’s definitely a country you should put on your travel list! In the central region, you’ve got the stunning city of Prague. In the west, there are plenty of forests to explore and in the south are beautiful landscapes to enjoy! In fact, the whole of this country is packed with wonderful things! In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Czech Republic visa from Nigeria, Czech Republic visa appointment booking, processing time at the Czech Republic visa application centre, flight itinerary for a Czech Republic visa, hotel bookings for a Czech Republic visa, Schengen travel insurance for a Czech Republic visa application, and Czech Republic visa application process in Nigeria.
Image by Julius_Silver / Pixabay
Czech Republic Schengen Visas
In 2020, embassies worldwide received 177,197 Czech Republic visa applications and 9,699 were rejected. The Embassy of the Czech Republic in Abuja received 157 applications and rejected 40.
Applying for a Czech Republic Schengen Visa from Nigeria
If you live in Nigeria and want to go to the Czech Republic, you will need to apply for a visa.
The Embassy of the Czech Republic in Abuja, accepts Schengen visa applications from the citizens of Nigeria, Benin, Niger, Chad, Cameroon, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Republic of Congo, Central African Republic.
You may apply for a visa up to 6 months before your trip, however, you are strongly advised to submit your application at the latest 4 weeks prior to the date of departure, as the processing of a visa may take up to 15 calendar days upon receiving a complete application. Please note, in some cases, it could take longer.
Types of Czech Republic Schengen visas offered at the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Abuja
The visa you apply for depends on why you are going to the Czech Republic and how long you are staying for.
There are 2 types of visa you may apply for:
- Short-term – for tourism, business, or to visit family/friends for up to 90 days
- Long-term visa – for employment, study or other reason for more than 90 days
How Can I Apply for a Czech Republic Schengen Visa from the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Abuja?
The first thing you’ll need to do is to make an appointment to submit your application to the embassy.
Make an appointment
Making appointments with the embassy, consulate or visa application centre is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, the visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by emailing the embassy at email@example.com
You need to include the following information:
- First name and surname of the applicant
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Purpose of travel (e.g. study, family reunification, business, culture, blue card)
- Phone number
- Attachment- scan of the passport data page (in pdf format)
- Attachment- scan of the document proving the travel purpose
Complete your application form
To find the application form, go to the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the Czech Republic and click on “entry and residence”:
Click on “visa forms”:
Click on the correct application form to download it. You can then complete it and print and sign it ready to submit to the embassy along with your other documents:
Prepare your documents
The documents required are on the embassy’s website, so check the list before submitting your application.
The embassy investigates the purpose of travel as well as financial means and sufficient ties to the home country and the willingness to return there. You should provide documents relating to these facts to support your application.
As the embassy does not return forms, photos or any supporting documents, you should provide photocopies as well as original documents.
- Valid passport
- Copy of the data page of the passport
- Previous passports (even if expired)
- 1 recent passport size photo. Photo must meet full specifications
- 1 completed and signed visa application form
- Travel insurance valid for Schengen states
- Proof of accommodation/Hotel reservation
- Birth certificate
- For minors (under 18) – parental consent of both parents and copies of their id/passport
- Booking slip for flight reservation for return ticket (no ticket!)
- Proof of financial means and economic and social ties in Nigeria, i.e. marriage certificate, an official leave letter from the university or school including proof of paid school fees and school reports
- Bank statements for the last three months
- Employment letter stating employment terms and conditions and monthly income & salary slips for the last three months or an employment contract (if employed); Business registration certificate, tax clearance certificates, proof of an active business (bills of lading, import declaration forms, invoices (if self-employed)
- Proof of sufficient financial means for intended stay – bank statements and pay slips for the last three months or if the costs for the trip are not covered by you, proof of financial support for those costs
- Signed invitation letter from the sponsor company / person
- Travel itinerary
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Attend your appointment
On the day of your appointment:
- Arrive early
- Hand over your application and other documents
- Provide biometrics (fingerprint and a photograph)
You may be asked additional questions about your application if the embassy needs further information. Questions you may be asked include:
- Why are you going to the Czech Republic now?
- What do you know of the Czech Republic?
- What is your job in Nigeria?
- Are you going to return to Nigeria?
Collect your passport
The embassy will notify you when your passport is ready to collect.
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport. Please check the details of the visa and report any discrepancies
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason and you can usually appeal the decision. Speak to the embassy for more information
Common rejection reasons include:
- Fake documents – if you submit fake or forged documents, they will not be returned and they will be sent to the relevant authorities for further investigation, so it’s not a good idea to do this
- Travel insurance does not cover the whole of the Schengen Area – even if you are only going to the Czech Republic, the travel insurance should cover ALL of the Schengen Area
- No bank statements – you must provide at least 3 months bank statements, so the embassy can see that you are able to afford your trip
- No proof of accommodation – you must provide details of where you are staying in the Czech Republic
You will pay the visa fee at the embassy. The fee is non-refundable even if your application gets rejected.
|Amount in NGN
|Schengen Visa (adults and children > 12 years old)
|Schengen Visa (children 6 – 12 years old)
|Schengen Visa (letter of appeal, annulment, cancellation)
|Long-stay Visa (business, employee and blue card)
- Complete a Public Health Passenger Locator Form before entering the Czech Republic
- Take an RT–PCR or a RAT test before entering the Czech Republic
- Take a further RT–PCR test not earlier than on the 5th day but no later than on the 7th day after entry into the Czech Republic.
See the Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic’s website for more information.
Contact details for the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Abuja
Address: Embassy of the Czech Republic in Abuja, 5 Gnassingbe Eyadema Street, P.O.Box 4628, Asokoro, Abuja
Phone: +234 703 757 1096, +234 815 064 7003
Monday to Friday, 08:00 – 16:00
Business hours of the Visa Section:
Short-stay visa: Mondays and Tuesdays, 09:00 – 12:00
Long-stay visa: Wednesdays and Thursdays, 09:00 – 12:00
To apply for a Czech Republic Schengen Visa from the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Abuja, follow these simple steps:
- Make an appointment
- Complete your application
- Prepare your documents
- Attend your appointment
- Collect your passport
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.
Apply for France Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Spain Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Italy Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Germany Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Denmark Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Apply for Norway Schengen Visa From Nigeria