Canada Visa from Zimbabwe – How to Apply for Canada Visitor Visa Application And Requirements Guide
It might not be every day you get to visit Canada, but the memories of what you will have seen and done will stay forever! How about bear watching in Manitoba? Or enjoying a music festival or two? Whatever you end up doing, you’ll have a fantastic vacation! In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Canada Visitor Visa from Zimbabwe – online and in person, processing time at the Canadian visa application center, flight itinerary and Canada visitor visa application process.
Source: cpacanada .ca
Applying for a Canada Visitor Visa from Zimbabwe
If you reside in Zimbabwe and are planning to go to Canada, there are 2 ways to apply for a visa:
Types of visas for Canada
If you are going to Canada, you need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa which will allow you to enter Canada for up to 6 months for the following reasons:
- Visit family/friends
- Conduct business such as attend a trade show or conference etc
If you are visiting Canada for any of the above reasons, you will need to apply for a Visitor Visa.
If you are planning to study or work, you will need to apply for the relevant permit before applying for the visa. You can find more information on Government of Canada’s website.
Visitor visas are issued as:
- Single entry – you are permitted to enter Canada once
- Multiple entry – you are permitted to enter Canada as many times as you wish
The Canada Visitor Visa Application Process
Visitor visa applications from Zimbabwe take 117 days to process. However, it could take longer for several reasons:
- The type of application/visa and whether you have submitted everything
- How many other applications are being processed at the same time
- If the information you have provided can be verified
- Whether the visa officer has to request further information from you
- Referral time between the VFS Office in Zimbabwe and the Government of Canada
- The time it takes you to provide biometric data
If you leave it too late, there may not be enough time for your application to be processed. So, apply well in advance of your departure date.
How to apply for a Canada visitor visa from Zimbabwe
You may apply for a Canada visitor visa online or in person. If you apply online, there are a number of benefits:
- No courier fees or mail delivery time
- Online applications may be processed more quickly
- Avoid processing delays
- If we need to ask for more documents, you can submit them online
- No need to submit your passport immediately
- Get updates on the status of your application
Whether you apply online or in person, there are 4 steps which you must follow:
- Gather documents
- Complete the application
- Pay the fees
- Submit the application – either electronically (online application) or at the visa office (paper/in-person application)
How to apply for a Canada visitor visa online
Go to www.canada.ca and click on “Menu” – “Immigration and citizenship” – “Visit”:
Under the “Services and information” section, click on “Apply for a visitor visa”:
Click on “Apply”:
Scroll down to “How do you want to apply” and choose “Online” and click on “Get instructions”:
On the next page, there is a link for the instruction guide which will give you all the information you need to help you through the application process. Once you have done that, click on “Apply for a visitor visa”:
The first thing you will need to do is to create a new account:
Then, you can sign in and start your application:
Before you submit your application, you will:
- Complete your information
- Pay the visa and biometric fees
- Upload your documents
How to apply for a Canada visitor visa in person at VFS Global
Go to VFS Global’s website and where it says “Apply for a visa” click on “Start now”:
There are 7 steps to apply for your Canada visitor visa through VFS Global:
- Step 1 – Identify visa type
- Step 2 – Begin your application
- Step 3 – Book an appointment
- Step 4 – Pay the fees
- Step 5 – Visit the visa application center
- Step 6 – Track your application
- Step 7 – Collect your passport
Step 1 – Identify visa type
Click on the relevant link to find out what visa you need for your trip:
Step 2 – Begin your application
You can complete your application form by:
- Downloading it – click on the link for the application form and choose IMM 5257 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa. You still need to print the completed form along with 2 copies of the 2D barcode:
- Apply online and submit the form electronically
Step 3 – Book an appointment
You only need to book an appointment to have your fingerprints and photo taken at the visa application center. If you are simply handing over your application to be processed, there is no need to make an appointment. To check whether you need to provide biometric data, you can check on the Government of Canada’s website.
Making appointments with the visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure where to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, visa you are applying for, visa office you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below:
- Go to VFS Global’s website and you can opt to book your appointment in the following ways:
- Online – click on the link for scheduling an appointment
- By telephone – call the helpline number: +263 8644041252, +2638644333024
- By email – use the web form
- By Webchat – click on “Chat now”
- In person – visit the visa application center in person
Step 4 – Pay the fees
There are 2 types of fee:
- Application processing fee
- Biometric fee
As mentioned above, the fees must be paid before you submit your application online or when you attend your appointment at the visa application center. The fee required may be paid in your local currency.
|Type of Visa||Fee in Can $|
Visitor visa (including super visa) – per person
Single or multiple entry temporary resident visa
Visitor visa – per family (1 fee per family of 5 or more people)
Single or multiple entry temporary resident visa. Maximum fee for a family of 5 or more people applying at the same time and place
|Biometrics (per person)||$85|
Biometrics (per family) (2 or more people)
Maximum fee for a family of 2 or more people applying at the same time and place
Fees are subject to change at any time and will not be refunded even if your application is rejected.
VFS Global has a range of other services such as package transmission or photocopying etc. See their website for the full list of services and associated fees.
How to pay the fees for your application
To pay the fees for your application you’ll need:
- An email address
- Access to a printer
- A credit card
Click on the link which you’ll find on the visa website:
You will be directed to the Government of Canada’s website where you can pay for the fees online:
You will need to print 2 copies of the receipt, so don’t forget to do that!
If you are unable to make online payments, you can pay the fee at the visa application center.
Step 5 – Visit the visa application center
On the day of your appointment, arrive at the visa application center at least 15 minutes before your designated time. Don’t forget to take a copy of your visa application, as well as a valid passport or travel document with at least 2 pages that are blank on both sides.
You will hand over your application and supporting documents, provide a scan of your fingerprints and have your photo taken. Next, you’ll pay the fee and receive a receipt which will have a tracking number which you can use to find out the progress of your application.
As long as you have everything with you and haven’t forgotten to submit anything, this part of the process is quick and easy!
Step 6 – Track your application
You can track your application in the following ways:
- On VFS Global’s website
- Webchat: Chat Now
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helpline number: +263 8644041252/+2638644333024
- Visit the visa application center in person
Step 7 – Collect your passport
After a visa application decision has been made, you can collect your passport from VFS Global or you can choose to have it returned by courier.
Whether you are applying online or in person, there is a list of required documents that you will need to submit with your visa application. There is a document checklist you can refer to, but documents include
- Completed application form for a Temporary Resident Visa – IMM 5257
- Passport – valid for at least 6 months past your trip with 2 blank pages.
- Copies of all cancelled or expired passports as proof of previous trips
- 2 photos with your name and date of birth written on the back. Must have been taken within the last 6 months. NOT REQUIRED if you are providing biometrics
- Proof of legal residency status
- Travel authorization letter (if the applicant is a minor) including parent (s) passport
- Visa fee
It is important to note that further documents may be required depending on your nationality and where you are applying from. Applicants applying from Zimbabwe will need to submit other specific documents.
On the “Apply online” page, click on “Read the instruction guide”:
Go to the “Gather documents” section and click on the link for “Application for a visitor visa”:
Scroll down to “Select a country/territory” choose Zimbabwe and click on “Get documents”:
Please note, you must get the documents for the country you are applying from. Each country has different requirements and if you fail to include these additional documents, your application may be rejected.
On the next page, click on “Visa office instructions – Visit (IMM 5971)”:
You will then be directed to the visa office instruction document:
The above document must be used in conjunction with the document checklist IMM 5484. You also need to place the visa office instruction checklist on top of your application pack, so don’t forget to do this.
Read the instructions carefully! In addition to the above documents, applicants from Zimbabwe must also provide the following documents:
- VFS Consent form
- Family Information form IMM 5707
- Schedule 1 form – IMM 5257B
- Explanation of the purpose of your trip – details of your itinerary in Canada, provisional travel arrangements, such as an airline and/or hotel booking, letter of invitation from the person/business in Canada, registration at a conference, employment letter etc
- Proof of sufficient funds – bank statements for the past three months and/or employment letter, pay-slips, proof of pension, business registration, investments, etc. N.B: If you are not paying for your own trip: a letter signed by the person paying and a copy of their passport. You must also explain how this person is related to you. Documents should be dated within the last 3 months
- Other documents to prove you have ties in your home country – family, financial, employment, property ties etc
- Letter from your employer – must include your employment status, length of service, position, salary, authorization of leave and date you will return to work. If you are traveling on business – letter to include the purpose of your trip and contact details of the company in Canada. If you are self-employed – provide evidence of your business, such as your business registration, license and financial documents
- Proof of enrollment in a school – letter and transcript from the school/university that you will be attending
- Copies of marriage certificates and birth certificates for each person applying for a visa
- If you are planning to visit a friend/relative – letter of invitation along with your host’s passport or other immigration status document and proof of relationship
- For business trips – business registration, financial documents, such as, income tax/bank statements and official invitation from business contacts in Canada to include names, addresses, purpose and length of trip and who will cover the expenses
- For a conference, training or official visit – mission order, Letter from employer confirming trip and reason for travel, length of stay and your position, invitation from Canadian contacts, proof of registration, proof of financial support
- For parents and grandparents super visa – medical insurance – 1-year cover and from a Canadian insurance company. Covers health care, hospitalization and repatriation for at least $100,000. It should be valid for each entry to Canada and available for review by border control. A letter of invitation that states care and support and a list of the number of people in the inviter’s household. Proof of relationship, such as a birth certificate
Please note, you must include a certified translation for any document that is not in English or French.
It is your responsibility to make sure you have all the required documents, so take care and read all the requirements before submitting your application.
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
After you submit your documents
Once you have submitted your application, the Canadian visa office will review your application. If it is incomplete, it will be returned to you without being processed which could delay your trip! The visa officer may ask you to verify any of the information you have provided and/or they may ask you to attend an interview.
The visa office needs full facts and figures from you to be able to make a decision about whether to approve your visa or not!
Your visa application will either be:
- Approved – you will receive your passport with the visa attached to one of the pages. You may collect it from the VFS office or have it returned via courier
- Rejected – you will receive your passport with a letter explaining why the visa was rejected
The following reasons may result in a rejected application:
- Insufficient funds – based on the information you have given, the visa officer thinks you cannot afford your trip. You can overcome this by providing bank statements and/or payslips OR proof of financial support
- You forgot to include a required document – please check the requirements BEFORE you submit your application. It pays to take time to make sure you have included everything
- You have made a false statement on your application – do not make any false statements when applying for a visa. The likelihood of the visa officer noticing is extremely high. This will result in IMMEDIATE refusal and it could affect your chances of going to Canada in the future
Contact details for VFS Global
Helpline Number: +263 8644041252 /+2638644333024
Address: Canada Visa Application Centre, Block 6 West Wing Ground Floor, Celestial Office Park, Borrowdale, Harare, Zimbabwe
|Business hours||Monday to Friday||08:00 – 16:00|
|Passport collection||Monday to Friday||08:00 – 16:00|
|Walk-in hours||Monday to Friday||08:00 – 16:00|
1. What is a Canada visa application center?
The Canada visa application center deals with the submission of visa applications around the world on behalf of the Government of Canada
2. How can I apply for a Canada visitor visa in Zimbabwe?
You can apply online at www.canada.ca or in person at the visa application center in Harare
3. Can someone else submit my application for me?
Yes, they can. You will need to sign the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form and/or VFS Global Consent for this to happen
4. How long is the biometric data valid for?
Biometric data is valid for 10 years
5. Do I need an appointment to provide biometric data?
Yes, you must make an appointment at the visa application center to provide your biometric data
6. I have been to Canada before, do I need a new visa?
It depends on whether your previous visa was issued as single or multiple entry. If it was single entry and you have entered Canada before, then you would need a new visa because you are only allowed to enter once. If you had a multiple entry visa and it is still within 6 months, you should be able to use your current visa
7. Why are the fees not refunded if my visa application gets rejected?
The fees are non-refundable even if your application gets rejected because they are charged to cover the costs of processing your application
8. How can I track my application?
When you submit your application you will be given a receipt with a unique tracking number which you can use to track the progress of your application. See the instructions above
9. Do I need any documentation when I collect my passport?
Yes, you will need:
- A copy of the biographic page of your passport
- The original receipt issued by the visa application center
- A form of government identification
10. Who can I contact if I need more information?
You can contact the call center of the visa application center or visit the Government of Canada’s website
Steps to apply for your Canada Visitor Visa online:
- Create an account
- Complete your application online
- Pay the fees
- Submit your application
If you are applying in person:
- Gather your documents
- Complete your application form
- Make an appointment (if biometrics are required)
- Pay the fee
- Submit your application
After applying, you just need to sit tight! Once you have your visa in your hand, you can relax and start preparing for your trip!
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides, Visa Packages and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.