Canada Visa from Indonesia – How to Apply for Canada Visitor Visa Application And Requirements Guide
Are you based in Indonesia? Planning to go to Canada? Not only are you in for a treat when you get to Canada with its stunning natural attractions and exciting things to see and do in every city, but it’s also easy to get the right visa from Indonesia too! In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Canada Visitor Visa from Indonesia – online and in person, processing time at the Canadian visa application center, flight itinerary and Canada visitor visa application process.
Applying for a Canada Visitor Visa from Indonesia
You can apply for a Canada visa either online or in-person and you can do it easily from Indonesia. All you need to do is check out the website of Immigration, Refugee, Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to apply online or submit your application in-person to one of the VFS Global located in Bali or Jakarta.
Types of visas for Canada
If you plan to visit Canada, you will need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa. There are different types depending on your reason for travel:
- Visitor visa – if you are going to Canada for tourism purposes, visiting family/friends or conducting business for up to 6 months
- Parent and grandparent super visa – if you are visiting your children/grandchildren for up to 2 years
- Transit visa – if you are connecting between 2 international flights, in less than 48 hours
If you wish to study or work, you will need a study/work permit before you apply for a visa. Further information regarding types of visa can be found on the IRCC website. If you are going to Canada as a tourist, you will need to apply for a visitor visa.
Visitor visas are issued as:
- Single entry – you can enter Canada once before the visa expires
- Multiple entry – you can enter Canada as many times as you wish before the visa expires
The Canada Visitor Visa Application Process
Visa applications from Indonesia take 135 days to be processed by the visa office. However, it could take longer due to any of the following reasons:
- The type of visa
- Whether you need to provide more information/documents
- If you submit an incomplete application
- The time it takes for your application to be sent to the main visa office (if applying at your local visa application center)
It is up to you to make sure you allow enough time for your application to be processed! If you leave it too late, you might not be able to fly to Canada as planned!
How to apply for a Canada visitor visa from Indonesia
As mentioned above, you may apply for a Canada visitor visa online or in person. Before you decide, consider the benefits if you apply online:
- No courier fees or mail delivery time
- Online applications may be processed more quickly
- Avoid processing delays
- You can submit additional documents online, if required
- No need to submit your passport immediately
- Get updates on the status of your application
Whether you apply online or in person, there are 4 steps which you must follow:
- Gather documents
- Complete the application
- Pay the fees
- Submit the application – either electronically (online application) or at the visa office (paper/in-person application)
How to apply for a Canada visitor visa online
Go to the website of IRCC and click on “Menu” – “Immigration and citizenship” – “Visit”:
Under “Services and information”, click on “Apply for a visitor visa”:
Click on “Apply”:
Scroll down to “How do you want to apply” and choose “Online” and click on “Get instructions”:
On the next page, there is a link for the instruction guide which will guide you through the application process. If you are happy to get started, click on “Apply for a visitor visa”:
You will have to create an account:
Then, you can sign in and begin your application:
After you have input your information, you will be asked to pay the fees and upload your documents.
How to apply for a Canada visitor visa in person at VFS Global
To apply in person, you will submit your application to VFS Global. There are 7 steps to follow:
- Step 1 – Identify visa type
- Step 2 – Begin your application
- Step 3 – Book an appointment
- Step 4 – Pay the fees
- Step 5 – Visit the visa application center
- Step 6 – Track your application
- Step 7 – Collect your passport
Go to VFS Global’s website and where it says “Apply for a visa” click on “Start now”:
Step 1 – Identify visa type
Click on the relevant link to find out what visa you need for your trip:
Step 2 – Begin your application
You can complete your application form by:
- Downloading it – click on the link for the application form and choose IMM 5257 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa. You still need to print the completed form along with 2 copies of the 2D barcode:
- Apply online and submit the form electronically
Step 3 – Book an appointment
You ONLY need to book an appointment if you need to provide biometrics. If you have provided this data within the last 10 years and are simply handing over your application to be processed, there is no need to make an appointment. To check whether you need to provide biometric data, go to the website of IRCC.
Making appointments with the visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure where to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, visa you are applying for, visa office you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below:
Go to VFS Global’s website and book your appointment in one of the following ways:
- Online – click on the link for scheduling an appointment
- By telephone – call the helpline number: +62 800 140 1762 (Toll Free)/+62 21 3041 8708 (Landline)
- By email – use the web form
- By Webchat – click on “Chat now”
- In-person – you can visit the visa application center in person
Step 4 – Pay the fees
You will pay for 2 types of fee at the same time:
- Application processing fee
- Biometric fee
As mentioned above, the fees must be paid before you submit your application online or when you attend your appointment at the visa application center. Fees are subject to change at any time and will not be refunded even if your application is rejected.
|Type of Visa||Fee in Can $|
|Visitor visa (including super visa) – per person|
Single or multiple entry temporary resident visa
|Visitor visa – per family (1 fee per family of 5 or more people)|
Single or multiple entry temporary resident visa. Maximum fee for a family of 5 or more people applying at the same time and place
|Biometrics (per person)||$85|
|Biometrics (per family) (2 or more people)|
Maximum fee for a family of 2 or more people applying at the same time and place
VFS Global has a range of other services such as courier services and photocopying. For more information, go to their website.
How to pay the fees for your application
Click on the link which you’ll find on the visa website:
You will be directed to IRCC’s website where you can pay the fees online:
If you are unable to make online payments, you can pay the fee at the visa application center.
Step 5 – Visit the visa application center
When it’s time to visit the visa application center, arrive at least 15 minutes before your time slot. Take a printed copy of your visa application, 2D barcoded sheets (2 copies), passport bio page (2 copies), as well as a valid passport or travel document with at least 2 pages that are blank on both sides. You also need to have confirmation of your appointment, so remember to print the email that you received.
You will hand over your application and supporting documents, provide a scan of your fingerprints and have your photo taken and pay the fees and receive a receipt with a unique number which you can use to track your application
If you forget to take everything that you need, you may have to make a new appointment, so make sure you know the requirements before you visit the application center.
Step 6 – Track your application
You can track your application in the following ways:
- On VFS Global’s website
- Webchat: Chat Now
- Email: email@example.com
- Helpline number: +62 800 140 1762 (Toll Free)/+62 21 3041 8708 (Landline)
- Visit the visa application center in-person
Step 7 – Collect your passport
Once a decision has been made, you can either:
- Collect your passport from VFS Global
- Have your passport returned to you via courier. Please note, there will be an additional charge of $20.29/211,000 IDR (1-way courier)/$39.44/410,000 IDR (2-way courier) for this service
Whether you are applying online or in person, there is a list of required documents that you will need to submit with your visa application. There is a document checklist you can refer to. Documents include
- Temporary Resident Visa application form – IMM 5257 – fully completed and signed
- Passport – valid for at least 6 months past your trip with 2 blank pages. Include a copy of the passport bio-data page
- Previous passports, if applicable
- 2 photos with your name and date of birth written on the back. Read the full photo requirements. NOT REQUIRED if you are providing biometrics
- Proof of legal residency status in the country where you are currently living (if not your home country)
- Travel authorization letter (if the applicant is a minor) including parent (s) passport
- Visa fee
It is important to note that further documents may be required depending on where you are applying from. Applicants from Indonesia need to submit other specific documents. To find these documents, go to the “Apply online” page and click on “Read the instruction guide”:
Go to the “Gather documents” section and click on the link for “Application for a visitor visa”:
Scroll down to “Select a country/territory” choose Indonesia and click on “Get documents”:
It is important that you get the documents for the country you are applying from. There are different documents for each country and if you don’t include these, your application may be rejected.
On the next page, click on “Visa office instructions – Visit (IMM 5870)”:
You will then be directed to the visa office instruction document:
Remember! The above document must be used in conjunction with the document checklist IMM 5484 and it needs to be placed on top of your application pack.
You should read the instructions carefully! Applicants from Indonesia must provide the following documents:
- Family Information form IMM 5707
- A copy of your family card (Kartu Keluarga)
- Schedule 1 form (Application for Temporary Resident Visa –IMM 5257B) – if you have answered “yes” to any of the background questions on the application form
- Proof of sufficient funds – bank statements covering the last 6 months and/or payslips. If you are not paying for your own trip, evidence to show how your trip will be funded
- Full itinerary
- Airline booking
- Hotel booking
- Letter of invitation and/or confirmation of registration at a conference etc
- VFS Consent form
- Proof of employment – letter stating company’s contact details, your position, length of employment and income and name/position of person who is signing the letter
- If you are self-employed – proof of business income and tax paid
- For travelers in transit (for less than 48 hours in Canada) – copy of itinerary and visa to destination country
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
In addition to the above, provide the following evidence, based on your situation or purpose of travel:
- Valid seafarer booklet and certificate
- Employment contract
- Letters from Canadian and local manning agencies with details on the joining vessel
Students returning to Canada
- Current/valid Canadian study permit
- Proof of current status confirming your enrollment/date you are due to resume studying
Workers returning to Canada
- Current/valid work permit
- Letter from employer stating you are expected to return and resume employment in Canada
It is very important to read this document carefully and get all the required documents relevant to your circumstances and why you are going to Canada.
Please note, you must include a certified translation for any document that is not in English or French.
It’s worth taking the time with this part of the process to avoid a rejected application. When you have finished getting your documents together, go over everything again and check you have everything!
After you submit your documents
After you have submitted your application, the visa office will review it and if it is incomplete, it will be returned to you without being processed.
Assuming it is all complete, the next stage is for it to be thoroughly assessed. During this process, the visa office may:
- Ask you to verify the information you have provided
- Call you to attend an interview
Don’t worry if either of these things happen. The visa office is simply getting all the facts so they can make a fair decision about your application.
Once a decision has been reached, you will be notified. If your visa has been approved, you will receive your passport with the visa attached to one of the pages. You can collect your passport from VFS or have it returned via courier. If your application has been rejected, you will receive your passport with a letter explaining why.
The following reasons may result in a rejected application:
- Signatures missing – do not forget to sign any relevant documents, like the application form! This is a simple oversight that is easily rectified! All you have to do is check thoroughly that you have done everything before you submit your application
- Invitation letter missing – if you are being invited to Canada by a person or company, you must include an invitation letter
- Criminal record – if you have a past criminal record, it may affect your ability to be able to enter and stay in Canada. The best thing you can do is to be upfront and honest to avoid disappointment later down the line
- Passport invalid – if you have an invalid passport, for example, it is only valid for 3 months, you must obtain a new one before applying for a visa (see above requirements)
Contact details for VFS Global
Helpline Number: +62 800 140 1762 (Toll Free)/ +62 21 3041 8708 (Landline)
|Business hours||Monday to Friday||08:00 – 16:00|
|Passport collection||Monday to Friday||08:00 – 16:00|
|Walk-in hours||Monday to Friday||08:00 – 16:00|
Address: Benoa Square 3rd floor No. 7-9.3/A Jalan Bypass I Gusti Ngurah Rai No. 21A Kedonganan, Kuta, Bali – 80361
Address: Kuningan City Mall, 2nd floor No. L2-19, Jl. Prof. Dr. Satrio Kav. 18, Setiabudi, Kuningan, Jakarta – 12940
1. I live in Bali, how can I apply for a Canada visa?
You can apply online at www.canada.ca or in person at the Canada visa application center in Bali
2. I want to go to Canada for 3 months on holiday. Is this allowed?
Yes, you are permitted to stay in Canada for up to 6 months as a visitor
3. I am from Australia, but I am currently living in Indonesia. Can I still apply for a Canada visitor visa?
Ideally, you would apply for a Canada visitor visa from your home country, but you can still apply from Indonesia as long as you can prove you have a legal right to remain in that country
4. Can I enter Canada more than once with my visa?
As long as your visa is issued as multiple entry. This means you will be able to enter as many times as you wish before the visa expires
5. Will my visa application automatically be approved?
No. Your application will be reviewed and if there are any issues like past criminal activity or the visa officer is unable to verify documents, then it could be rejected
6. I am traveling to Asia and connecting flights in Canada. Do I need to get a visa?
If your transit through Canada is less than 48 hours, you will need a transit visa. If your transit is more than 48 hours, you will need a visitor visa
7. What fees do I need to pay?
You need to pay visa AND biometric fees (see above for more information)
8. Do I need to provide an invitation letter?
An invitation letter is required if you are being invited to Canada by a person or a company
9. I have provided biometrics on my last visa application. Do I need to do this again?
Biometric data is valid for 10 years, so if you provided this data within this timescale, there is no need to do so again
10. I am applying for my visa at the local visa application center. Do I need to make an appointment to submit my documents?
You only need to make an appointment if you have to provide biometric data. If you don’t need to do this and are simply handing in your application, no appointment is necessary
To apply for your Canada Visitor Visa online:
- Create an account
- Complete your application online
- Pay the fees
- Submit your application
If you are applying in person:
- Gather your documents
- Complete your application form
- Make an appointment (if biometrics are required)
- Pay the fee
- Submit your application
Then, the countdown starts!
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides, Visa Packages and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.
Apply for Canada Visa – Complete Guide To Canada Visitor Visa Application And Requirements
Apply for Canada Visa from India – Complete Guide To Canada Visitor Visa Application And Requirements
Apply for Canada Visa from Philippines – Complete Guide To Canada Visitor Visa Application And Requirements
Apply for Canada Visa from China – Complete Guide To Canada Visitor Visa Application And Requirements
Apply for Canada Visa from Nigeria- Complete Guide To Canada Visitor Visa Application And Requirements
Apply for Canada Visa from Thailand – Complete Guide To Canada Visitor Visa Application And Requirements
Apply for Canada Visa from Zimbabwe – Complete Guide To Canada Visitor Visa Application And Requirements
Apply for Canada Visa from Bangladesh – Complete Guide To Canada Visitor Visa Application And Requirements