Canada Visa from Bangladesh- How to Apply for Canada Visitor Visa Application And Requirements Guide
Have you decided to go to Canada? It may have been the best decision you have made in terms of where to travel! Canada has so many fun and fascinating things to see and do! You will have the time of your life there! In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Canada Visitor Visa from Bangladesh – online and in person, processing time at the Canadian visa application center, flight itinerary and Canada visitor visa application process.
Applying for a Canada Visitor Visa from Bangladesh
Applying for a Canada visa is easy from Bangladesh. You can either apply online or in person, the choice is yours!
To apply online, you should use the official website of Immigration, Refugee, Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or if you prefer to apply in person, you can do so through VFS Global located in Chittagong, Dhaka or Sylhet.
Types of visas for Canada
If you are planning on visiting Canada for tourism purposes, visiting family/friends or conducting business you must apply for a Visitor Visa which is a type of Temporary Resident Visa which will allow you to stay in Canada for up to 6 months. There are other types of visa depending on your reason for travel:
- Parent and grandparent super visa – if you are visiting your children/grandchildren for up to 2 years
- Transit visa – if you are connecting between 2 international flights, in less than 48 hours
If you wish to study or work, you will need a study/work permit before you apply for a visa. Further information regarding types of visa can be found on the IRCC website.
Visitor visas are issued as:
- Single entry – you are permitted to enter Canada once
- Multiple entry – you are permitted to enter Canada as many times as you wish
The Canada Visitor Visa Application Process
Processing times depend on where you are applying from and applications from Bangladesh take 33 days. You should bear in mind that it could take longer to process your application for the following reasons:
- The type of visa
- Whether the visa office needs more information/documents from you
- Whether the application is complete upon submission
- The time it takes for your application to be transported between visa offices
Applications received too late may not be processed in time for you to travel which would delay things! It is your responsibility to make sure this does not happen!
How to apply for a Canada visitor visa
As mentioned above, you may apply for a Canada visitor visa online or in person. Before you decide, consider the benefits if you apply online:
- No courier fees or mail delivery time
- Online applications may be processed more quickly
- Avoid processing delays
- You can submit additional documents online, if required
- No need to submit your passport immediately
- Get updates on the status of your application
Whether you apply online or in person, there are 4 steps which you must follow:
- Gather documents
- Complete the application
- Pay the fees
- Submit the application – either electronically (online application) or at the visa office (paper/in-person application)
How to apply for a Canada visitor visa online
Go to the website of IRCC and click on “Menu” – “Immigration and citizenship” – “Visit”:
Under “Services and information”, click on “Apply for a visitor visa”:
Click on “Apply”:
Scroll down to “How do you want to apply” and choose “Online” and click on “Get instructions”:
On the next page, there is a link for the instruction guide which will guide you through the application process. If you are happy to get started, click on “Apply for a visitor visa”:
You will have to create an account:
Then, you can sign in and begin your application:
After you have input your information, you will be asked to pay the fees and upload your documents.
How to apply for a Canada visitor visa in person
To apply in person, you will submit your application to VFS Global. There are 7 steps to follow:
- Step 1 – Identify visa type
- Step 2 – Begin your application
- Step 3 – Book an appointment
- Step 4 – Pay the fees
- Step 5 – Visit the visa application center
- Step 6 – Track your application
- Step 7 – Collect your passport
Go to VFS Global’s website and where it says “Apply for a visa” click on “Start now”:
Step 1 – Identify visa type
Click on the relevant link to find out what visa you need for your trip:
Step 2 – Begin your application
You can complete your application form by:
- Downloading it – click on the link for the application form and choose IMM 5257 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa. You still need to print the completed form along with 2 copies of the 2D barcode:
- Apply online and submit the form electronically
Step 3 – Book an appointment
You ONLY need to book an appointment if you need to provide biometrics. If you have provided this data within the last 10 years and are simply handing over your application to be processed, there is no need to make an appointment. To check whether you need to provide biometric data, go to the website of IRCC.
Making appointments with the visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure where to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, visa you are applying for, visa office you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below:
Go to VFS Global’s website and book your appointment in one of the following ways:
- Online – click on the link for scheduling an appointment
- By telephone – call the helpline number: +88 09666 911 380/+88 09606 777 888
- By email – use the web form
- By Webchat – click on “Chat now”
- In person – you can visit the visa application center in person
Step 4 – Pay the fees
You will pay for 2 types of fee at the same time:
- Application processing fee
- Biometric fee
As mentioned above, the fees must be paid before you submit your application online or when you attend your appointment at the visa application center. Fees are subject to change at any time and will not be refunded even if your application is rejected.
|Type of Visa||Fee in Can $||Fee in BDT|
Visitor visa (including super visa) – per person
Single or multiple entry temporary resident visa
Visitor visa – per family (1 fee per family of 5 or more people)
Single or multiple entry temporary resident visa. Maximum fee for a family of 5 or more people applying at the same time and place
|Biometrics (per person)||$85||5,610|
Biometrics (per family) (2 or more people)
Maximum fee for a family of 2 or more people applying at the same time and place
VFS Global has a range of other services such as courier services and photocopying:
How to pay the fees for your application
Click on the link which you’ll find on the visa website:
You will be directed to IRCC’s website where you can pay the fees online:
If you are unable to make online payments, you can pay the fee at the visa application center.
Step 5 – Visit the visa application center
On the day of your appointment, remember the following things:
- Aim to arrive before the time of your slot
- A copy of your visa application
- A valid passport or travel document with at least 2 pages that are blank on both sides
Throughout the appointment, the following things will happen:
- You will hand over your application and supporting documents
- You will provide a scan of your fingerprints and have your photo taken
- You will pay the fees and receive a receipt with a unique number which you can use to track your application
To avoid disappointment and having to make a new appointment, don’t forget anything that is required!
Step 6 – Track your application
You can track your application in the following ways:
- On VFS Global’s website
- Webchat: Chat Now
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helpline number: +88 09666 911 380/+88 09606 777 888
- Visit the visa application center in person
Step 7 – Collect your passport
Once a decision has been made, you can either:
- Collect your passport from the VFS Global office
- Have your passport returned to you via courier. Please note, there will be an additional charge of $36.83/2,431 BGD for this service.
Whether you are applying online or in person, there is a list of required documents that you will need to submit with your visa application. There is a document checklist you can refer to. Documents include
- Temporary Resident Visa application form – IMM 5257 – fully completed and signed
- Passport – valid for at least 6 months past your trip with 2 blank pages
- Copies of all cancelled or expired passports, if applicable
- 2 photos with your name and date of birth written on the back. Read the full photo requirements. NOT REQUIRED if you are providing biometrics
- Proof of legal residency status in the country where you are currently living (if not your home country)
- Travel authorization letter (if the applicant is a minor) including parent (s) passport
- Visa fee
It is important to note that further documents may be required depending on where you are applying from. Applicants from Bangladesh need to submit other specific documents. To find these documents, go to the “Apply online” page and click on “Read the instruction guide”:
Go to the “Gather documents” section and click on the link for “Application for a visitor visa”:
Scroll down to “Select a country/territory” choose Bangladesh and click on “Get documents”:
It is important that you get the documents for the country you are applying from. There are different requirements for each country and if you don’t include these additional documents, your application may be rejected.
On the next page, click on “Visa office instructions – Visit (IMM 5890)”:
You will then be directed to the visa office instruction document:
The above document must be used in conjunction with the document checklist IMM 5484 and it needs to be placed on top of your application pack, so don’t forget to do this.
Read the instructions carefully! In addition to the above documents, applicants from Bangladesh must provide the following documents:
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of marriage certificate
- Details of your itinerary in Canada – provisional travel arrangements (airline and hotel booking)
- Proof of previous travel to Canada within the last 10 years (if applicable)
- VFS Consent form
- Proof of sufficient funds/financial support – bank statements, payslips or other proof of income such as pension income. If you are not paying for your own trip, provide a letter signed by the person paying and a copy of their passport and bank statement, describe how this person is related to you. Documents should be dated within the last 3 months
- Family Information form IMM 5707 – fully completed, dated and signed
- Visiting family/friends – letter of invitation stating purpose and duration of your trip; proof of relationship; inviter’s citizenship/immigration document
- Parent/Grandparent visa – invitation letter stating the number of people in the household and proof of citizenship of the person you will be staying with; proof of relationship; employer’s letter/tax returns/most recent T4 or T1; proof of medical insurance with cover for at least 1 year and $100,000 to cover hospitalization, repatriation and health care
- Proof of employment – letter stating company’s contact details, your position, date of hire, salary, and approval of absence. If you are self-employed – evidence of your business e.g. business registration etc
- If you are a student – letter from your school confirming approval of absence and when you are required to return
- If you are a domestic worker traveling with your employer – work permit, employer’s ID/passport, proof of employer’s business, letter stating your employer will cover all expenses and explanation of trip; itinerary showing you are traveling together
- If you are traveling for business/attending a conference – 2 letters: 1. employer’s letter stating approval of trip, purpose, you name, position, salary and date of hire and a statement indicating who will be paying. 2. invitation letter from the person who you will be conducting business with/attending a conference with
- If you are a returning student with a valid work permit – a copy of the transcript for the program in which you are enrolled; valid Canadian study permit; letter from the current school in Canada confirming your enrolment
- If you are a short-term, one-term or summer school student – letter of acceptance from the Canadian school showing exact fees, course start and end dates
- If you are a returning worker holding a valid work permit – letter from your employer in Canada confirming ongoing employment to include employer’s name and contact details, your position, salary and date of hire; copy of valid Canadian work permit; Notice of Assessment from the Canada revenue agency, statement of monies paid and pay slips for most recent year of employment in Canada
- If you are applying for a transit visa – Copy of your air ticket and travel itinerary. You must indicate the number of times you will be entering Canada and the dates and times for each entry and exit; a valid visa for country of final destination; a letter of invitation from the inviter in the country of destination or a letter of intent stating the purpose of your trip
It is your responsibility to make sure you have all the required documents. Check, check and check again that you have everything that you need before submitting your application.
Please note, you must include a certified translation for any document that is not in English or French.
It is your responsibility to make sure you have all the required documents, so take care and read all the requirements before submitting your application.
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
After you submit your documents
After you have submitted your application, it will be reviewed and any of the following things could happen:
- The application will be returned to you without being processed if there is anything missing
- The visa officer may ask you to verify the information you have provided
- You may be asked to attend an interview
Your visa application will either be:
- Approved – you will receive your passport with the visa attached to one of the pages. You may collect it from the VFS office or have it returned via courier
- Rejected – you will receive your passport with a letter explaining why the visa was rejected
The following reasons may result in a rejected application:
- Human error – if could be that your application gets rejected because of an error made by the visa officer. If you know you have submitted everything and think this applies, contact the visa office and discuss the issue with them
- The visa officer doubts you will return to your home country after the visa expires – you are only permitted to stay in Canada as a tourist for 6 months. You must provide evidence that you will leave Canada before the visa expires. You could provide an employment contract or proof of property etc
- You only submitted the documents on the IRCC checklist – you must also provide the documents listed on the visa instruction document which are specific to the country you are applying from. The visa office instruction should be used as well as the IRCC checklist and it should also be placed on top of your application pack (See above)
- The invitation letter was not detailed enough – if you have to provide an invitation letter, it must include specific information, like the name of your inviter and/or how many people in the household where you will be staying. Refer to the document checklists to make sure you have all the required information
Contact details for VFS Global
Helpline Number: +88 09666 911 380/ +88 09606 777 888
|Business hours||Sunday to Thursday||09:00 – 17:00|
|Passport collection||Sunday to Thursday||09:00 – 17:00|
|Walk-in hours||Sunday to Thursday||09:00 – 17:00|
Address: House # 38, Chamber House, 4th Floor, Agrabad, Chittagong-4100, Bangladesh
Address: 4th Floor, Delta Life Tower, Plot 37, Road 90, North Gulshan Avenue, Gulshan-2, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh
Address: 7th Floor, Nirvana Inn, Mirza Jungle Road, Ramerdhigir par, Sylhet-3100, Bangladesh
1. How can I apply for a Canada visa?
You can apply online at www.canada.ca or in person at the Canada visa application centers located in Chittagong, Dhaka and Sylhet
2. How long can I stay in Canada as a visitor?
You can stay in Canada for up to 6 months
3. I am currently living in a country that I am not a citizen of. Can I still apply for a Canada visitor visa?
Yes, you can apply at the local visa application center as long as you can provide proof of your legal right to remain in the country where you are living
4. What is the difference between single entry and multiple entry?
Single entry means you are allowed to enter Canada once during the dates of visa and multiple entry means you can enter as many times as you wish before the visa expires
5. What can I do if my visa application is rejected?
There is no appeal process, but you can reapply if your situation has changed significantly or you have substantial new information to submit
6. Which type of visa do I need for Canada?
It depends on your nationality, the duration and purpose of your trip, the type of travel document you have and how you plan to travel to Canada. You can check the IRCC website (see above) to find out which type of visa you need
7. Is it easier to apply online?
There are benefits to applying online, such as avoiding processing delays and the ability to upload your documents online. See above for the full list of benefits
8. Can I hire someone to help me apply for my visa?
Yes, you can hire a representative to help you apply for a visa. For more information, you should refer to IRCC’s website
9. If my family are traveling with me, can I fill out just one application form?
No, each person must complete and sign an application form. So, if there are 4 people traveling, then 4 application forms need to be completed
10. Do I need to get a medical examination?
Generally, you will only need to provide proof of a medical examination if you are going to Canada for more than 6 months. However, if you intend to work, you must provide a medical examination even if you are going for less than 6 months
To apply for your Canada Visitor Visa online:
- Create an account
- Complete your application online
- Pay the fees
- Submit your application
If you are applying in person:
- Gather your documents
- Complete your application form
- Make an appointment (if biometrics are required)
- Pay the fee
- Submit your application
Then, you can start counting the days until you depart for your exciting vacation!
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides, Visa Packages and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.
Apply for Canada Visa – Complete Guide To Canada Visitor Visa Application And Requirements
Apply for Canada Visa from India – Complete Guide To Canada Visitor Visa Application And Requirements
Apply for Canada Visa from Philippines – Complete Guide To Canada Visitor Visa Application And Requirements
Apply for Canada Visa from China – Complete Guide To Canada Visitor Visa Application And Requirements
Apply for Canada Visa from Nigeria- Complete Guide To Canada Visitor Visa Application And Requirements
Apply for Canada Visa from Thailand – Complete Guide To Canada Visitor Visa Application And Requirements
Apply for Canada Visa from Zimbabwe – Complete Guide To Canada Visitor Visa Application And Requirements