Complete Handbook To Austria Visa Requirements
There is rarely a country in the world as wonderful as Austria, where you can find such a wonderful fusion between the cityscapes and the natural landscapes. This is why, Austria is one of the most celebrated names among all the tourist hubs in the world. Being a part of the Schengen area, the Austria visa requirements and procedures are also the exact same as that of any other Schengen visa.
Even though Austria looks quite small in the world map, once you get there, it is a whole new world with a high culture and welcoming people. No wonder it is such a beautiful tourist destination as well as a business hotspot at the same time!
If you’re planning your visit to Austria, you’ll need to fulfil all the Austria visa requirements without missing any of the mandatory requirements. This is because, the immigration offices are quite strict, particularly because of the regulations for entering the Schengen area. However, the benefit is that, once you get the entry visa, you can visit any Schengen area country without having to apply for another visa. In case you’re worried about all the necessary Austria visa requirements, it’s your time to we have created this checklist so that you can refer to it while collecting all the documents.
MANDATORY AUSTRIA VISA REQUIREMENTS
While applying for a visa to Austria, you need to be well aware of your purpose of your visit as well as the duration. Depending on this, you may apply for specific visa types, such as tourist visa, student visa, employment visa and so on. However, the best part is; almost all visa types have the same mandatory requirements, let alone some supporting documents that may differ. Here are the important Austria visa requirements you need to fulfil:
- Visa application: The visa application is the most important Austria visa requirement you need to furnish while applying for an Austrian visa. You can get the application form from the Embassy website of Austria in your country or from your travel agency. When you’ve completely filled out the blanks, remember to sign in the required fields.
- Valid passport: You have to submit your original passport that is valid for, at least, 6 months after the date of your return from Austria. The passport also needs to have at least two blank pages to mark your onward and return journey.
- Biometric data: As part of the biometric verification, you may be asked to provide your finger impressions, along with a couple of recently taken photographs. The photographs should be in accordance with the international passport requirements.
- Copies of previous visas: You can pin the copies of your previous visas, along with your passport, as they could be really crucial in your visa approval. While submitting these copies, just make sure that they are all self-attested.
- Travel insurance: The travel insurance is a mandatory document in all the Schengen visas. So, ensure that you get a travel insurance from a reputed travel agency, such as Visa Reservation for a minimum coverage of 30,000 EUR. Also, remember to get a travel insurance that is valid across all the Schengen states.
- Personal Cover letter: The cover letter is an important requirement, where you need to state the purpose of your trip, as well as, all the other details about your trip, like the hotels you intend to stay, the places you’d like to visit, the means of transportation, and whether you’ll be making any inter-Schengen visits from Austria.
- Flight Itinerary: Your flight itinerary is a proof that ensures the Embassy about your return plans. You can either book your tickets right away or get a flight itinerary, instead, from your travel agency. We recommend the latter, as it avoids the risk of losing a huge amount of money, in case your dates have to be rescheduled.
- Hotel Reservation: Likewise, you need to provide the proofs of all your paid accommodation arrangements in Austria. If you’re intending to stay at the residence of your friend or relative, you may be asked to provide an invitation letter, as well as the necessary proofs and contact details of the sponsor.
- Proof of sufficient funds: You need to prove the Austrian embassy that you have sufficient financial means to afford the entire trip. You can prove this through valid documents, such as your bank statements for the past 6 months or your Income Tax Returns Certificate for the last two years. If you’re providing the bank statement, ensure that it is duly signed and sealed by your bank branch.
SUPPORTING AUSTRIA VISA REQUIREMENTS
Apart from these mandatory documents, you’ll also need to submit the proofs, depending upon the specific purposes.
- Austria visa requirements for tourist visa: A tourist visa is comparatively easier to obtain among the different visa types. Apart from the aforementioned documents, you may be asked to prove your marital status. For this you can provide a ration card or birth certificate (if you’re not married) and your marriage certificate, spouse’s death certificate or even your child’s birth certificate (if you’re married). You may also need to attach certificates proving that you don’t have any criminal records in your home country.
- Business visa requirements: A business visa is quite different from other visa types, as you need to provide a lot more documents than other visas. They include
- An employment contract of the candidate from the company you’re working for or from your employer.
- If you are self-employed, it can be an attested letter proving your qualification and experience.
- A letter from your company stating the purpose of your visit.
- An invitation letter from the Austrian company you’re visiting.
- Documents for Medical visa: To obtain a Medical visa to Austria, you might need to attach all the medical reports and current health status, along with the details about the hospital you intend to get the treatment from. The medical bills from the current hospital can also be submitted to make the process quicker.
- Proofs for Student visa: If you’re a student planning to pursue further education in Austria, providing your enrollment details for the course is mandatory. You need to attach the documents of all your previously completed courses, the details of the college you’re seeking admission to, and the arrangements made for your stay for the duration of your study.
STEPS TO APPLYING FOR AUSTRIAN VISA
Once you collect all these mandatory Austria visa requirements along with the supporting documents, you will have to appear in person at the Embassy. Submit the visa application fee and make your visa interview appointment. While appearing for the interview, ensure that you are dressed formally. Also, remember to revise through all your documents, along with carrying them for the visa interview.
Collecting all these Austria visa requirements may seem a little intimidating, but don’t worry. We can help you out through each step of your application. At VRS, we also provide a wide range of visa services, including arranging for your travel insurance as well as dummy flight reservation. So, you don’t have to take all the trouble alone! All you’ve to do is, simply get in touch with us through our Contact Us page and choose your desired package.