ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 – 5 Easy Steps to Apply for UK(United Kingdom) Visa
2019 is the year of the 12th edition of the Cricket World Cup which takes place in England and Wales. From 30th May to 14 July, 10 teams will battle it out at venues across the country. If you’re planning on coming to the United Kingdom for this event, you’re in for a real treat. Not only will you be part of an exciting competition, but you’ll also be able to take advantage of everything else the UK has to offer its visitors – delicious food from every corner of the globe, a colorful history, and charming towns and cities just perfect for exploring! In this article learn more about how to apply for UK visa, UK visa application process, Processing time at the United Kingdom visa application center, flight itinerary for UK visa, hotel bookings for UK visa, Travel insurance for UK visa application, and UK Visa Appointment.
Applying for a UK Visa
If you hold any of the following nationality statuses, you can enter the United Kingdom without a visa:
- British nationals who are EU citizens
- British citizens
- British Overseas Territories citizens (citizens of Gibraltar)
- British subjects (who have the right to live in the UK)
- Citizens of Commonwealth countries (who have the right to live in the UK under the Immigration Act 1971)
- Irish citizens (under the Common Travel Area – the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands)
- All European Union citizens
- Citizens of the EFTA member states (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland)
If you are a citizen of any of the following 56 countries and territories, you are permitted to enter the UK without a visa for stays of up to 6 months or 3 months if you enter the country from the Republic of Ireland:
In addition, if you are from Kuwait, Oman, Qatar or the United Arab Emirates you are eligible for an electronic visa waiver (EVW) for visit and study purposes for up to 6 months. Plus, if you are from China or India AND are in possession of an Irish visa which has been validated as BIVS (British Irish Visa Scheme), you can also enter the UK without obtaining a further entry visa.
If you are from any other country, not mentioned above, you will need to apply for a visa to be able to enter and stay in the United Kingdom.
Types of Visas for the United Kingdom
There are several types of visas for the UK and you can check the GOV.UK’s website to see what they are, but if you are only planning to visit the UK to attend the cricket matches, then you will need to apply for a Standard Visitor Visa which will allow you to enter and stay in the UK for up to 6 months.
You can apply for a single or multiple entry Standard Visitor Visa which will allow you to stay in the UK for up to 6 months, but there are other options relating to how long you can stay:
- Multiple entry visitor visa for up to 2 years
- Multiple entry visitor visa for up to 5 years
- Multiple entry visitor visa for up to 10 years
Check whether you need a UK visa
The first thing to do is to check whether you need a visa for the UK. Go to the website of GOV.UK and click on: “Visas and immigration”:
Then, click on: “What you need to do”:
Next, click on: “Check if you need a UK visa”:
On the next page, choose your nationality:
And the reason for traveling to the UK:
Choose, “Yes” or “No”:
The system will tell you which visa you need to apply for. Click on the link:
You will be directed to the Standard Visitor Visa page where you will find everything you need to know about applying for your visa:
Please spend time looking at this information before you do anything else. If you miss anything or provide the wrong documentation, your application could be rejected.
The UK Visa Application Process
Visa applications are processed within 3 weeks, so you should apply well in advance of your trip. You may submit your application up to 3 months ahead of your departure date, so don’t leave it too late!
If you are applying outside of the UK, you can check processing times in your country. Go to the Standard Visitor visa page, scroll down to “How long will it take” and click on the processing times guide link:
On the next page, click on: “Start now”, continue to key in your information and it will give you an idea of how long it will take to process your application in your location:
The application process for UK visas is all done online. You will:
- Register your account on the GOV.UK Visa and Immigration website online (not applicable for citizens of North Korea who have to apply in person at the British Embassy in their location)
- Fill in the application form
- Pay the fee
- Attend an appointment at either VFS Global or TLS Contact in your country
Depending on the country you are applying from, there are 2 companies that deal with visa applications on behalf of the Visa and Immigration service in the UK:
You will be directed to the correct one once you have registered your application.
There are several steps involved when you apply for your UK visa.
Step 1 – Register and complete your application form
Whether you will be submitting your application to VFS Global or TLS Contact you will need to register your application for your visa and complete your application through GOV.UK’s website. Click on: “Apply” and then “Apply for a visa and book an appointment”:
On the next page, scroll down to “Apply now”:
Select your language:
Select your location:
Confirm whether you can visit one of the visa application centers:
On the next page, scroll down and hit: “Start”:
Then, you will be able to register and complete your application form. Don’t forget to print the relevant forms because you will need to hand these over to the visa application center for processing:
Step 2: Book an appointment at your local visa application center
The next thing to do is to book an appointment in order to submit your application to VFS Global or TLS Contact. You can also do this on GOV.UK’s Visa and Immigration website once you have registered and completed your application form. Remember to choose the correct visa application center which will be the one closest to you in the country you are applying from.
Making appointments with the embassy or visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
Step 3: Prepare your documents
Before you begin this step, you should check GOV.UK’s website for the full list of requirements. If you submit an incomplete application, your application could get rejected.
- Visa application form
- Valid travel document (national passport or other documents that allows the holder to travel internationally) – valid for at least three months after the planned date of return, issued within the last 10 years and 2 free pages
- Previous travel documents/passports, which show previous travel
- Financial documents showing that you have sufficient funds available – bank statements or proof of earnings such as a letter from employer confirming employment details (start date of employment, salary, role, company contact details)
- Proof of financial support from a business, a friend or a relative etc
- Confirmation of legal residence
- Verification of employment or studies – an employer’s letter stating your role, salary, and length of employment OR a letter from your education provider confirming enrollment and leave of absence. If self-employed – business registration
- Birth Certificate and proof of family ties and/or details of anyone accompanying you with a copy of your parent(s) passport (if you are under 18)
You’ll also need to provide the following:
- Travel itinerary – the dates you’re planning to travel to the UK
- Details of where you’ll be staying during your visit
- How much you think your trip will cost
- Your current home address and how long you’ve lived there
- Your parents’ names and dates of birth
- How much you earn in a year
You might also need:
- Details of your travel history for the past 10 years (as shown in your passport)
- Your employer’s address and telephone number
- Your partner’s name, date of birth, and passport number
- The name and address of anyone paying for your trip
- The name, address and passport number of any family members you have in the UK
- Details of any criminal, civil or immigration offenses you have committed
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: Submit your file to the visa application center
On the day of your application:
- Get to the visa application center at least 15 minutes early. If you are late, you may have to reschedule your appointment
- Remember to take ALL your documents with you. If you hand over an application with anything missing, this may result in your application being rejected. You may have the option to scan your documents electronically, so check with the visa application center to see if this service is available in your country before you attend your appointment
- You will also provide biometric data which is a scan of your fingerprints and a photograph. Without this information, your application will not be processed
When your application is submitted, you may be questioned further about your application. If this happens, simply answer any questions politely and honestly.
Typical questions include:
- Why do you wish to travel to the UK?
- Is this your first time traveling to the UK?
- Who is paying for your trip?
- What is your job?
- Will you be meeting anyone in the UK?
You will also pay the fee for your UK visa. You can usually pay by cash, money order or cashier’s check, but some visa offices accept payment by debit or credit card. Some visa application centers also charge additional fees which you will pay on the day of your appointment along with your visa fee. These fees are non-refundable even if your application gets rejected.
|Type of visa
|Fee in GBP (Pound Sterling)
|Single/Multiple Entry Visitor Visa
Step 5: Receive your visa
Once your visa application has been submitted to the visa application center, you will receive an email confirming that you can collect your passport from their office. You may be able to receive updates by SMS sent to your phone or the visa application center may have a tracking system you can use. In addition, you may be able to have your passport returned via courier. You should check what services are available to you.
The decision will be either:
- Approved – you will find your visa inside your passport. You should check for any errors and notify UK Visa and Immigration within 3 months of you arriving in the UK
- Rejected – your visa application has been rejected for a reason. You will be notified of the reason and whether you have the right to either an administrative review or an immigration decision appeal
Common rejection reasons include:
- Mistakes on the application form – when you complete your application form, you must ensure there are no errors because even the smallest mistake could lead to your application being rejected
- Some required documents were not submitted – you must provide all the required documents, there are no exceptions
- Previous immigration issues have not been disclosed – if you have had any prior issues regarding immigration such as a ban or refusal of entry, you must disclose this information. Even if it was years ago, you will be found out, so it’s better to be upfront and honest
- Lack of funds – you must be able to afford your trip and the documents you provide, i.e. bank statements and/or proof of income, must prove this
1) Who must apply for a Visitor Visa?
You must apply for a Visitor Visa if you are from a country that does not enjoy visa-free entry to the UK (see above)
2) How can I apply for a UK Visitor Visa?
- Register an account on GOV.UK’s Visa and Immigration website
- Complete your application online
- Book your appointment at a visa application center to submit your visa application in your country
- Attend your appointment
- Receive your visa
3) Which visa should I apply for?
If you are going to the UK to attend the cricket matches only, you may apply for a Standard Visitor Visa which will allow you to stay in the UK for a period of up to 6 months
4) I don’t have time to apply for a visa before I leave for the UK. Can I apply for one once I am there?
If you are already in the UK, this means you may have a visa already. Therefore, you can apply to extend the current visa up to a maximum of 6 months
5) Where can I apply for my UK visa?
You can apply online at GOV.UK’s website, but you must appear in person to the visa application center in the country where you are located
5) Do I need proof of accommodation?
Yes. You must provide details of where you will be staying while you are in the UK
6) I am going to the UK for the Cricket World Cup, can I travel to all the venues within the UK with my visa?
Yes, your visa will allow you to travel to all destinations within the UK
All you need to do to apply for your UK visa is:
- Register and complete your application form
- Book an appointment at your local visa application center
- Prepare your documents
- Submit your file to the visa application center
- Receive your visa
The next step is to look forward to all the thrills that the 2019 Cricket World Cup will provide!
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.