Slovenian Consulate Los Angeles – 5 Easy Steps to Apply for Slovenia Schengen Visa
Slovenia is a beautiful Schengen country with lots of exciting things to see. There are the Postojna caves where you can take a 5 km underground train ride through the impressive grottoes. There are also stunning lakes, like Bled, where you explore the castles and islands in the area. Spend time in the Coast and Karst region with rolling hills and coastal towns like Pirano or Ancarano which provide fabulous views out over the Adriatic Sea! In this article learn more about how to apply for Slovenia visa at the Slovenian consulate in Los Angeles, California, Slovenia visa appointment booking, Processing time at the Slovenia visa application center, flight itinerary for Slovenia visa, hotel bookings for Slovenia visa, Schengen travel insurance for Slovenia visa application, and Slovenia Visa Application Process at the Los Angeles Consulate.
Slovenia Schengen Visa
In 2017, a total of 29,257 Schengen visa applications were received by applicants wishing to travel to Slovenia. The number of applications rejected came to 2,481 (8.48%). There is no consulate in Los Angeles and no data was available for how many applications were received and dealt with by the Austrian consulate in Los Angeles.
Applying for Slovenia Schengen Visa from the United States
If you are a non-US citizen, you need to apply for a visa if you want to visit Slovenia for any reason, but you can do this easily from the United States as long as you are a permanent residence there and you are able to prove your legal right to stay.
You have to make sure you apply at the right Slovenian embassy and consulate. There is no consulate for Slovenia in Los Angeles, so you may apply through the Austrian Consulate General in Los Angeles who will deal with your application. In order to apply through this visa office, you must live within the consulate’s jurisdiction of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, or the US Pacific Islands.
Types of Schengen Visas Offered at the Austrian Consulate General in Los Angeles
The duration of your trip and your reason for traveling to Slovenia will determine the visa you need to apply for and there are different types of visas offered at the Austrian Consulate General in Los Angeles:
- Schengen visa type C/A – for stays up to 90 days for the purposes of tourism, business, visiting family/friends or airport transit. This visa may be issued for one, two or multiple entries
- Visa D – for stays exceeding 90 days for the purposes of employment, business, study, research, family unification, residence etc. This visa is issued for one or multiple entries
Schengen Visa Application Process at the Austrian Consulate General in Los Angeles
You can apply for your Slovenia visa up to 90 days ahead of your departure date, so apply well in advance to allow for your application to be processed. The consulate takes around 15 days to process visa applications, although it could take as many as 30 days depending on the circumstances of your application.
Here are a few steps to help you apply for your Slovenia visa
Step 1: Complete your application
The first thing you need to do is to complete your application. You can find this on the consulate’s website. Click on: “Travels to Austria” and then “Visa and residence permit”:
Then, click on the visa you are applying for:
On the next page, you will find the link for the application form for a Schengen visa:
Or, the application form for a Visa D:
You can download the form, print, complete and sign it.
Step 2: Make an appointment
Making appointments with the embassy or visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the below steps:
- Next, you need to make an appointment in order to submit your application to the consulate in Los Angeles. Go to the consulate’s website and click on: “Schedule an appointment”
- You will be directed the consulate’s booking system. Key in the reason for the appointment. In this case, “Visa and residence permits”
- Key in the number of people requesting an appointment
- Then, read the instructions
- Finally, you will be able to find a suitable day and time for your appointment
Step 3: Prepare your documents
You must prepare all the relevant documents to submit alongside your visa application. If you fail to comply with the requirements, the consulate will not accept your application, so it’s a good idea to look at the consulate’s website to familiarize yourself with what is required. There are document checklists for Schengen and Visa D visas available which you can refer to as you proceed with this step.
You need to provide original documents as well as photocopies of everything, so remember to do that too!
- Valid and signed passport or travel document – issued within the last 10 years and valid for at least 3 months after your departure date from the Schengen area, with at least two empty pages
- Copy of your passport’s data page
- Visa application form
- 2 recent passport photographs. See the guidelines for acceptable photos
- Valid US permanent resident card valid US resident visa
- Flight reservation or other proof of transport by rail/bus/boat
- Proof of travel insurance for €30,000
- Proof of accommodation – hotel reservation or proof of accommodation if staying with host travel agency voucher
- Proof of employment including knowledge of leave of absence and letter stating the reason and length of your trip
- Proof of sufficient funds – 3 x bank statements/payslips
- Proof of current address such as driver’s license or utility bill
- Birth certificate and consent of parents if a minor is traveling
- Invitation letter with host’s ID
- Business registration and last tax return (self-employed)
- Proof of participation in conferences, seminars, workshops, cultural and sport events
- Proof of work permit/employment contract
- Evidence of enrollment in US university and acceptance letter by Slovakian university
- Evidence of sponsorship
- Prepaid, self-addressed envelope for returning passports
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: Attend your appointment
On the day of your appointment, get to the Austrian consulate in Los Angeles early. If you are late and miss your appointment, you will have to reschedule. Don’t forget your paperwork and dress smartly.
The visa officer will examine your application and if they need any further information from you they may ask you extra questions. If they do this, simply answer truthfully and be polite.
- Is this your first time traveling to an EU country?
- What do you plan to do in Slovenia?
- Are you meeting anyone there?
- What is your job in the US?
- How much do you earn?
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
You will also pay the relevant fee for your visa. You can pay in cash only.
|Type of Visa||Fee|
|Schengen visa C||$69|
|Schengen Visa C for children (6 to12 years)||$40|
|Schengen Visa C for children (0 to 6 years)||Free|
|Schengen Visa C for citizens of the Russian Federation, Ukraine, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Moldova, and Georgia||$40|
|Austrian National Visa D (study abroad, employment, intern, etc.)||$171|
If this is your first time applying for a Schengen visa, you will also have to provide biometric data which is a scan of your fingerprints and a digital photograph.
Step 5: Receive your visa
Once a decision has been made regarding your visa application, you will be notified and you can collect your passport from the consulate’s office or have it returned to you by mail.
There will be 1 of 2 outcomes:
- Approved – you will find your visa inside your passport
- Rejected – your visa application was rejected because the consulate had doubts about the information you provided and/or you have forgotten to include something that is required
- Invalid passport – your passport must be valid, i.e. it must have 3 months remaining after your trip etc. If not, you must obtain a new one before applying for your visa
- Invitation letter missing – if your application requires an invitation letter, i.e. someone in Slovenia is inviting you to visit, you must provide an invitation letter
- Lack of funds – you must be able to afford your trip and the documents you provide, i.e. bank statements and/or payslips must confirm this
- You have applied at the wrong visa office – you must apply at the correct visa office. Each of them deals with applications from within their jurisdiction. You can check the Slovenian Embassy’s website for information regarding this
Contact details for the Austrian Consulate General in Los Angeles
Address: 11859 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 501, Los Angeles, CA 90025
Telephone: (+1/310) 444 9310
Fax: (+1/310) 477 9897
Hours: Monday to Friday, 10.00 am – 1.00 pm
5 easy steps to apply for your Slovenia visa:
- Complete your application online or download it
- Make an appointment
- Prepare your documents
- Attend your appointment
- Receive your visa
After step 5, you can start to prepare for your adventure in Slovenia!
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.