How to Apply for Slovenia Schengen Visa from Australia in 5 Easy Steps – A Complete Guide
When you think about the Schengen countries, destinations like Spain or Greece might spring to mind, but Slovenia has a lot to offer. From delicious food and drink to interesting attractions to visit, this lovely country might just make it to the top of your favourite places! In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Slovenia visa from the Embassy of Slovenia in Australia, Slovenia visa appointment booking, processing time at the Slovenia visa application centre, flight itinerary for a Slovenia visa, hotel bookings for a Slovenia visa, Schengen travel insurance for a Slovenia visa application, and Slovenia visa application process at the embassy in Canberra.
Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Brisbane_CBD_and_Brisbane_River_views_from_Bowen_Terrace_01.jpg. Author Kgbo
Slovenia Schengen Visas
In 2018, 26,403 Slovenia visa application forms were received by embassies and consulates worldwide. 2,632 applications were rejected. The Embassy of Slovenia in Canberra received 34 applications and issued all of them.
Applying for a Schengen Visa from Australia
Australian citizens do not require a visa to be able to go to Slovenia, but non-Australian citizens do.
You can easily apply for a Schengen visa for Slovenia from Australia as long as:
- You are legally living in Australia
- You can provide proof of residence
The Embassy of Slovenia in Canberra has outsourced the acceptance of visa applications to VFS Global in Australia, so you can submit your application to one of VFS Globals offices located in Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne or Sydney.
It is the embassy that will make the final decision about your visa.
Types of Schengen visas offered at the Embassy of Slovenia in Canberra/VFS Global
There are 3 types of visas you can apply for:
- Schengen visa (short-stay) – for tourism, business, visiting family or friends for up to 90 days
- Airport Transit visa is required when you are connecting through a Schengen country airport and not leaving the airport
- National visa (long-stay) – for business, conference, study or employment etc., for over 90 days
How Can I Apply for a Schengen Visa from Australia
VFS recommends that you:
- book your appointment as soon as you know your travel date
- ensure your visa application’s documentation meets the embassy’s requirements
- leave enough processing time for the embassy
You can submit your application up to 3 months before your intended travel date to Slovenia. The average processing time is 10 business days from when the embassy receives a complete application. You should add an extra 2-3 days for your application to be posted from VFS Global to the embassy.
Here are 5 easy steps to follow to help you apply for your visa:
Step 1: How to complete your application?
Go to VFS Global’s website, scroll down to “Download Forms” and choose “Application Form – Schengen visa type C”:
The application form will pop up in a new window and you can download it to complete and sign it:
Step 2: How to make your appointment?
Making appointments with the embassy or visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below:
- Go to VFS Global’s website and click on “Schedule an Appointment”
- Read the instructions and click on the link to book an appointment
- Register as a new user
- Use your new log in details to log in
- Choose a date and time for your appointment
Step 3: Get your documents ready
There is a document checklist on VFS Global’s website. Make sure you know what you need to provide for your visa application. If you fail to do this, your application could be rejected.
You should also prepare photocopies as well as providing the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- Visa application form
- One passport size color photo
- Proof of residence
- Passport – valid for at least 3 months beyond your trip, 2 free pages and issued in the last 10 years
- A copy of passport’s personal detail page(s) and previous Schengen visas including entry/exit stamps
- Proof of visa status -VEVO (Visa Entitlement Verification Online
- Letter of invitation signed by your host in Slovenia or proof of sponsorship
- Reservation of return or round trip air ticket, including confirmation of the booking of an organised trip including a detailed itinerary
- Proof of financial means – 3 x bank statements
- Marriage certificate/birth certificate
- Parental consent (if under 18)
- Hotel reservation or other proof of accommodation
- Documents proving the applicants employment status in the company (for example, contract, proof of social security contribution)
- Travel and medical insurance – covering the entire duration of the trip valid in the whole Schengen area. The minimum coverage of 30,000 euros, covering: emergency medical expenses, hospital treatment, repatriation for medical reasons, or repatriation of remains
- A certificate from a medical doctor and/or a medical institution advising that medical treatment is necessary (if applicable) including proof of prepayment or sufficient financial means to pay for the treatment
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: A guide to your visa appointment
On the day of your appointment:
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before your allotted time
- Remember all your supporting documents
- Dress smartly
When you sit down with the visa officer, he/she may question you if they wish to check any of the information you have provided. All you need to do is answer willingly and honestly.
- Why are you going to Slovenia?
- I don’t think you will return to Australia before the expiry of the visa. What do you say?
- How many days are you going to Slovenia for?
- Do you know anyone in the Schengen Area?
- What is your job in Australia?
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
|Type of visa||Fee|
|Schengen visa – up to 90 days||97 AUD/ €80|
|National visa – over 90 days||124 AUD/ €77|
|Child between 6-12 years of age||56 AUD/€40|
|Children under the age of six||Free|
VFS Global Service Charges:-
Price in Euro
Price in AUD
|All applications||EUR 25.00||40 AUD|
|Courier fee (Applicable only if applying from Brisbane)||EUR 17.50||28 AUD|
You can pay the visa and service fee by credit or debit card. Cheques are not accepted. The total fee amount payable will be displayed on your confirmation letter. The fees are non-refundable even if your visa application is refused or you withdraw your application.
If you have never applied for a Schengen visa before, you will provide biometric data which is a scan of your fingerprints and a photo. If you have provided this data in the past, it may be reused if this new application is within 5 years of the first one.
Step 5: Receive your visa
After your application is submitted:
- You will receive an email with a reference number, which can be used to track your application online
- You will also receive text messages (SMS) if you have chosen to select this service
- Your processed application is dispatched once the Embassy has made a decision
- Applications can be tracked online using the reference number on your receipt once an application has been lodged
Once your visa application status shows that the passport is ready for collection, then you can collect your passport during passport collection times. Alternatively, VFS offers a courier service if you are unable to collect your passport in person.
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason and you can appeal the decision
- Insufficient funds – you must be able to afford your trip, either by paying for yourself or getting someone to sponsor you
- Passport does not have 2 free pages – your passport must have 2 free pages for the visa to be attached. If it doesn’t, you must get a new passport before you apply for your visa
- No proof of employment status – you must provide proof that you are either employed, a student, unemployed or retired
- No invitation letter – if you are being invited to Slovenia by a person, company or organisation or you are taking part in any type of event, you must provide an invitation letter
How to Contact VFS Global in Australia
Contact Centre: +61 2 8278 4527
Contact Centre Hours of Operation: 9:00 to 17:00 AEST
Address: Level 8, 87 Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill, Queensland 4004
Address: Level 4, 10 Hobart Place, Canberra, ACT – 2601
Address: Suite 3, level 13, 55 Swanston Street, Melbourne, Victoria – 3000
Address: Suite 9.03, Level 9, 139 Macquarie Street Sydney, NSW 2000
To apply for a Schengen visa for Slovenia in Australia, follow these simple steps:
- Complete your application
- Make an appointment
- Prepare your documents
- Attend your appointment
- Receive your visa
Then, you can get excited about your upcoming trip to Slovenia!
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.