How to Apply for Slovakia Schengen Visa from Australia in 5 Easy Steps – A Complete Guide
There are 26 Schengen countries to choose from, so why not try Slovakia? There are rivers and valleys to explore if you like getting out into nature. If you enjoy cities, then go to Bratislava or Nitra where you can visit impressive churches and castles or simply indulge in traditional food like Bryndzove Halusky! In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Slovakia visa from the Embassy of Slovakia in Australia, Slovakia visa appointment booking, processing time at the Slovakia visa application centre, flight itinerary for a Slovakia visa, hotel bookings for a Slovakia visa, Schengen travel insurance for a Slovakia visa application, and Slovakia visa application process at the embassy in Canberra.
Slovakia Schengen Visas
In 2018, 26,797 Slovakia Schengen visa applications were received by Slovakia embassies and consulates around the world. 1,118 of these were rejected. The Embassy of Slovakia in Canberra processed 16 applications and issued 100% of them.
Applying for a Schengen Visa from Australia
Australian citizens do not require a visa to be able to go to Slovakia. However, if you are not an Australian citizen by birth, but you currently live in Australia and not just on holiday there, you have to apply for a visa and you can do this from Australia if you can provide proof of residence.
You may submit your application to the Embassy of Slovakia in Canberra.
Types of Schengen visas offered at the Embassy of Slovakia in Canberra
There are 3 types of visas you can apply for:
- Schengen visa (short-stay) – for tourism, business, visiting family or friends for up to 90 days
- Airport Transit visa is required when you are connecting through a Schengen country airport and not leaving the airport
- National visa (long-stay) – for business, conference, study or employment etc., for over 90 days
How Can I Apply for a Schengen Visa from Australia?
Visa applications are processed in 30 days and you can submit your application up to 90 days ahead of your trip. Make sure you apply in plenty of time!
Here are 5 easy steps to follow to help you apply for your visa:
Step 1: How to complete your application?
Go to the embassy’s website and click on: “Visa Information”:
Scroll down the page and you will see the link for the application. You can download it, print it and complete it. Don’t forget to sign it too!
Step 2: How to make your appointment?
Making appointments with the embassy or visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by contacting the embassy in one of the following ways:
Step 3: Get your documents ready
There is a document checklist on the embassy’s website, so you can find out what you need to get together. Spend some time getting to know the requirements, so you increase your chances of getting your application accepted,
You should also prepare photocopies as well as providing the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- Visa application form
- One passport size color photo
- Proof of residence
- Passport (with current Australian visa) valid for at least 3 months beyond the validity of the requested visa, (with a blank visa page to affix the visa sticker) plus a copy of the data page of your passport. The passport must also have been issued in the last 10 years
- Documents confirming the purpose of the travel such as voucher issued by travel agency to include length of stay, hotel accommodation, board and lodging, trips, etc
- Letter of invitation signed by your host in Slovakia
- Reservation of return or round trip air ticket, including confirmation of the booking of an organised trip including a detailed itinerary
- Proof of financial means – 3 x bank statements. You must have at least €56 for each day in Slovakia
- Marriage certificate/birth certificate
- Hotel reservation or other proof of accommodation
- Proof of your current occupation/your student status in Australia
- Travel and medical insurance – letter from the insurance company stating that you will be covered for any medical expenses, hospitalization and repatriation for at least the equivalent to 30,000 Euro during your stay in Slovakia
- A stamped, self-addressed envelope with postage stamps for registered post envelope if you want to have the visa returned by mail.
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: A guide to your visa appointment
On the day of your appointment, it’s best to get there before your appointment is due to begin. That way, you can compose yourself and relax if you’re feeling a little worried. Whatever you do, don’t forget anything! If you submit an incomplete application, your chances of getting your visa will be reduced. Lastly, you may want to think about dressing smartly. The embassy won’t be impressed if you turn up in your shorts.
The visa officer will look through your application and may ask you questions if he/she wishes to clarify anything or if they want any additional information. If this happens, simply answer truthfully.
- What do you know about Slovakia?
- Are you going to work there?
- Are you meeting anyone in Slovakia?
- What are you going to do when you return to Australia?
- How many people do you know in the Schengen Area?
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
|Type of visa||Fee|
|Schengen visa – up to 90 days||130 AUD/ €80|
|National visa – over 90 days||See the embassy’s website|
|Child between 6-12 years of age||65 AUD/€40|
|Children under the age of six||Free|
You should check with the visa officer what payment methods are available to you. The fee is non-refundable even if your visa application is refused or you withdraw your application.
If you have never applied for a Schengen visa before, you will provide biometric data which is a scan of your fingerprints and a photo. If you have provided this data in the past, it may be reused if this new application is within 5 years of the first one.
Step 5: Receive your visa
Once a decision has been reached, you can either:
- Pick up your passport in person from the embassy
- Receive your passport by mail. You will need to provide a self-addressed prepaid envelope for this service
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason and you can appeal the decision
Common rejection reasons include:
- The visa officer is concerned that you will not return to Australia before the expiry of the visa – you must convince the person reviewing your application that you plan to leave Slovakia within 90 days. You can do this by proving you have ties in Australia like a job or that you own your home
- You have insufficient funds for your trip – you must be able to afford your trip (€56 per day) and your bank statements must show this
- Proof of Australian residence not provided – if you are a non-Australian citizen applying for a Slovakia visa from Australia, you must provide proof that you live in the country legally
- You provided a fake passport – under no circumstances, provide fake documents because the embassy will find out and this will jeopardise your chances of getting a visa for any country
How to Contact the Embassy of Slovakia in Canberra
Address: 47 Culgoa Circuit, O’Malley, Canberra, Australia
Phone: +61 262902405
Fax: +61 262901755
Hours: Monday to Friday: 7.30 am to 3.30 pm
To apply for a Schengen visa for Slovakia in Australia, follow these simple steps:
- Complete your application
- Make an appointment
- Prepare your documents
- Attend your appointment
- Receive your visa
Next step – arrive in the wonderful destination of Slovakia!
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.
How to Apply for Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Austria Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Belgium Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Czech Republic Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Denmark Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Estonia Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Finland Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for France Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Germany Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Greece Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Hungary Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Iceland Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Italy Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Latvia Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Liechtenstein Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Lithuania Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Luxembourg Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Malta Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Netherlands Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Norway Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Poland Schengen Visa from Australia