How to Apply for Poland Schengen Visa from Australia in 5 Easy Steps – A Complete Guide
Poland is a Schengen country with amazing architecture and fascinating things to see such as old churches and monuments. If you like walking, you’ll be happy wandering through its cities old towns. If you like nature, Poland has a wonderfully unspoilt countryside to explore! In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Poland visa from the Consulate General of Poland in Sydney, Australia, Poland visa appointment booking, processing time at the Poland visa application centre, flight itinerary for a Poland visa, hotel bookings for a Poland visa, Schengen travel insurance for a Poland visa application, and Poland visa application process at the consulate in Sydney.
Poland Schengen Visas
In 2018, 526,715 Poland Schengen visas were processed by embassies and consulates worldwide and 16,669 applications were denied. The Consulate General of Poland in Sydney processed 224 applications and 3 were rejected.
Applying for a Schengen Visa from Australia
Where you were born will determine whether you need to apply for a visa for Poland. If you are from any of the following countries, you do NOT need a visa:
If you are not from any of the above countries, you DO need to visa to be able to enter and stay in Poland.
If you are currently living in Australia permanently, you can still apply from there as long as you can prove you are living in Australia legally.
You may submit your visa application to the Consulate General of Poland in Sydney whose jurisdiction covers Australia, Fiji, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, and Vanuatu.
Types of Schengen visas offered at the Consulate General of Poland in Sydney
There are 3 types of visas you can apply for:
- Schengen visa (short-stay) – for tourism, business, visiting family or friends for up to 90 days
- Airport Transit visa is required when you are connecting through a Schengen country airport and not leaving the airport
- National visa (long-stay) – for business, conference, study or employment etc., for over 90 days
How Can I Apply for a Schengen Visa from Australia?
You must submit your application to the consulate at least 15 days before you intend to depart to Poland. Please be aware, you can apply up to 3 months ahead. Processing time will be 15 days, but this could be extended up to 30 days or 60 days if the consulate feels that they need to undertake a more detailed examination of your application and/or additional documents are required. It is your responsibility to submit your application on time and the consulate recommends you apply at least 3 weeks ahead.
Here are 5 easy steps to follow to help you apply for your visa:
Step 1: How to complete your application?
Go to the consulate’s website and click on: “Visas”:
Then, click on the link for the online booking system – E-Konsulat:
Type in the country you are applying from and the visa office where you will be submitting your application:
Click on the link for the type of visa you are applying for:
On the next page, read the instructions and verify the image at the bottom:
Then, you will be able to make a reservation for your appointment:
Once you have booked your appointment, you will be able to complete your application form. You must complete the application form within 1 hour of making your appointment, otherwise, the appointment will be cancelled and you’ll have to start again. You will receive an email with your application in PDF format which you need to print off and hand over to the consulate.
Step 2: How to make your appointment?
See Step 1 to find out how to make an appointment on your own. Making appointments with the embassy or visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
Step 3: Get your documents ready
You will find a list of required documents that you need to submit for your visa and it’s work spending time getting to know what these are.
You should also prepare photocopies as well as providing the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- Visa application form – registered and completed on the consulate’s online system
- One passport size color photo
- Original passport/travel document – valid for entry to all Schengen countries you are visiting, be issued during the last 10 years, be valid for at least three months after departure from the Schengen Area and have at least free pages
- Proof of legal residence – print out from the VEVO system with visa grant number
- Hotel reservation (s) OR invitation letter from host in Poland
- Proof of sufficient funds, e.g. bank statements for the last three months
- Round trip air ticket as well as an itinerary
- Letter from a company in the Republic of Poland stating purpose of the visit
- Confirmation of participation in any type of event
- Proof of enrollment on course at Polish university/school
- Work Permit obtained by the applicant issued by employer in Poland and a promise of an employment contract
- Travel and medical insurance – valid for your travel, cover the entire Schengen area, and have a minimum cover of €30,000 for medical expenses, repatriation and repatriation of mortal remains
- Marriage certificate (if married) in English or Polish
- For children under 18: birth certificate and certified parental consent from both parents
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: A guide to your visa appointment
When the day arrives for you to go to the consulate, try not to worry about your appointment and remember the following things:
- Arrive early
- Take all the documents you prepared
- Don’t dress too casually
If the visa officer wants more information or he/she wishes to clarify anything, they may question you. Remain calm and answer truthfully.
- How long have you been living in Australia?
- How long are you going to Poland for?
- What are you going to do in Poland?
- What is your salary?
- Are you married? If yes, do you have kids?
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
|Type of visa||Fee|
|Schengen visa – up to 90 days||131 AUD|
|National visa – over 90 days||97 AUD|
|Child between 6-12 years of age||65 AUD|
|Children under the age of six||Free|
You can pay the fee with cash or by bank transfer. If you pay by bank transfer, the consulate’s bank details are:
- Commonwealth Bank
- BSB: 062 124
- Account: 1038 5948
- SWIFT: CTBAAU2S
- Account’s holder: Polish Consulate in Sydney
The fee is non-refundable even if your visa application is refused or you withdraw your application.
You may have to provide a scan of your fingerprints and have your photo taken, especially if this is your first time applying for a Schengen visa.
Step 5: Receive your visa
Once a decision has been reached, you can either:
- Pick up your passport in person from the consulate
- Provide a self-addressed prepaid envelope when you submit your application to have your passport returned by mail. If you choose this option you will have to pay an extra 7 AUD to cover the cost of the return postage
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason and you can appeal the decision
- Past or current criminal actions – if you have been or are currently involved in criminal actions, you won’t be able to get a visa
- Proof of study not provided – if you are going to study in Poland, you must provide proof of the course and/or enrollment in the educational institute
- Insufficient funds – you must have enough money to pay for your trip, either yourself or by someone sponsoring you. Either way, you must provide evidence of this
- No marriage/birth certificate – if your application specifies that you need to provide a marriage/birth certificate, for example, to prove family ties or if the applicant is under 18, you must do so
How to Contact the Consulate General of Poland in Sydney?
Phone: (+61 2) 9363 9816
Emergency number: (+61) 419 488 677
Fax: (+61 2) 9327 2216
Hours without prior booking: Monday: 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. & Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Office hours ONLY with prior on-line booking via e-Konsulat: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
To apply for a Schengen visa for Poland in Australia, follow these simple steps:
- Complete your application
- Make an appointment
- Prepare your documents
- Attend your appointment
- Receive your visa
Step 6 – there are no more steps other than to think about what’s going in your suitcase!
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.
Austria Visa From Philippines – How to Apply for Austrian Schengen Visa Application Requirements Guide
UK Visa from Russia – How to Apply for United Kingdom Visitor Visa Application And Requirements Guide
UK Visa from Bangladesh – How to Apply for United Kingdom Visitor Visa Application And Requirements Guide
UK Visa from South Africa – How to Apply for United Kingdom Visitor Visa Application And Requirements Guide
Social Media Feeds