How to Apply for Malta Schengen Visa from Canada in 5 Easy Steps – A Complete Guide
Malta is a beautiful Schengen country to visit. An island in the Mediterranean Sea, its beaches are simply perfect to relax on. You’ll also find some delicious food – some of it fresh from the sea. There are also lots of interesting things to see and do. It won’t be hard to find something enjoyable to do there! In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Malta visa at the Consulate General of Malta in Toronto, Canada, Malta visa appointment booking, processing time at the Malta visa application center, flight itinerary for a Malta visa, hotel bookings for a Malta visa, Schengen travel insurance for Malta visa application, and Malta visa application process at the Toronto consulate.
Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Toronto_-_ON_-_Skyline_bei_Nacht.jpg. Author Wladyslaw (talk)
Malta Schengen Visa
Throughout 2018, 32,331 Malta Schengen visas were received by visa offices around the world. 6,611 (20.4%) were rejected. The Consulate General of Malta in Toronto dealt with 60 applications and rejected 6 (10%).
Applying for a Schengen Visa from Canada
If you are living in Canada permanently, but you are not a Canadian citizen by birth, you will need to apply for a Schengen visa to be able to enter and stay in Malta. If you are in Canada on a temporary basis, for example, on holiday or studying, you cannot apply from Canada. You must get your Malta visa in your home country
Where to apply for a Malta Schengen visa
You may submit your visa application for Malta to the Consulate General of Malta in Toronto. This is the only visa office for Malta in Canada.
Types of Schengen visas offered by the Consulate General of Malta in Toronto
There are 2 types of visas you may apply for and the one you choose will depend on the reason and duration of your trip:
- Schengen visa for tourism, business, or visiting family or friends and airport transit for up to 90 days
- National visa for over 90 days for employment, study, family reasons, residence etc
How to Apply for a Malta Schengen Visa from the Consulate General of Malta in Toronto
Visa applications are processed with 7 – 15 days, so you should submit your application at least 15 days before your departure date. Please note, applications could take longer to process, sometimes up to 60 days, so the earlier you can apply the better. You may submit your application up to 90 days ahead, so don’t leave it too late!
Here are 5 easy steps to follow to help you apply for your visa:
Step 1: Complete your application form
to complete your application form, go to the consulate’s website and click on: “Visa Services”:
Scroll down the page to the link for the application form:
You can download the form to complete and sign it:
Step 2: Make an appointment
Making appointments with the embassy, consulate or visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, the visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below.
- Call the consulate on 416-207-0922 or send an email on firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment. Please note, due to seasonal large number of applications, an appointment may not be available for several weeks, so book the appointment in good time before travel
Step 3: Prepare your documents
Before you start to prepare your documents, check the consulate’s website for the requirements. If you don’t submit everything that is asked for, your visa application could be rejected.
You should also prepare photocopies as well as providing the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- A completed and signed application form
- Photograph which meets certain specifications
- Passport or other travel document valid for at least 3 months from the date you intend to leave the Schengen area. It must also contain at least 2 blank pages and have been issued less than 10 years ago
- Residence permit or Canadia visa (multiple entry) valid for at least 3 months after departing the Schengen area
- Flight return ticket
- Proof of the purpose of your journey – an itinerary, proof of a reservation of an organized trip
- Proof of accommodation such as a letter of invitation from the person hosting you or hotel reservation or reservation for a similar establishment
- Proof of sufficient financial means
- Schengen Travel insurance covering emergency medical, hospitalisation, and repatriation (including in case of death). The minimum cover should be of EUR 30,000/C$50,000. This insurance must be valid for the entire Schengen area and throughout the duration of the stay
- Letter of acceptance from the educational institution indicating entitlement to admission and details on course being undertaken
- An invitation, entry tickets, enrolments or programmes stating whenever possible the name of the host organisation, the duration or any other appropriate documents indicating the purpose of the visit
- Letter from the medical organisation certifying that the applicant is to undergo medical treatment in Malta
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: Attend your appointment
When your appointment day arrives, remember to:
- Arrive early – if you are late and miss your appointment, you may not be seen and will have to reschedule. Its best not to do this, so get there early
- Remember to take all your documents – if you fail to provide just 1 required item, your application could be rejected
- Dress smartly – this is not the place to turn up in shorts and a t-shirt
Typical questions could be:
- Are you married?
- How will you pay for this trip?
- What are your plans in Malta or the EU?
- I don’t think you will return to Canada, what do you have to say to that?
- Why do you need a 3-month visa?
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
The visa fee is paid in Canadian dollars. You must pay in cash only! No other payment methods are available at this consulate. Visa fees are non-refundable whatever the outcome of the application.
|Type of visa||Fee|
|Schengen visa – up to 90 days||90 CAD/€60|
|Long-stay visa – over 90 days||See the consulate’s website|
|Child between 6-12 years of age||52 CAD/€35|
|Children under the age of six||Free|
If you have never applied for a Schengen visa before, a scan of your fingerprints and a photograph will be taken. If you have provided this data previously, it can be reused as long as your new application is within 5 years of the original application.
Step 5: Receive your visa
You can collect your passport from the consulate once a decision about your visa application has been reached. You can also arrange for your passport to be sent to your home address if you provide a Canada post express prepaid envelope when you submit your application.
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason and you can appeal the decision within 15 days
Common rejection reasons include:
- Passport does not have 2 free pages – your passport needs 2 free pages for the visa to be attached to. If it does not, you must obtain a new one before applying for your visa
- Invitation letter not included – if you are being invited by a person or company in Malta, you must provide an invitation letter from your host
- It appears you have no accommodation – you must show the consulate that you have accommodation while you are in Malta. A hotel booking or reservation for other accommodation must be provided
- Lack of funds – you must be able to afford your trip, so you must provide bank statements or pay-slips to prove that you can do so
Contact details of the Consulate General of Malta in Toronto
Address: 3280 Bloor Street West, Suite 1060 , Centre Tower, 10th Floor, Etobicoke , ON M8X 2X3
Hours: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and from 2.00 pm to 4.30 pm; Thursday and Friday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm
To apply for a Schengen visa for Malta, follow these simple steps:
- Complete your application online or download it
- Make an appointment
- Prepare your documents
- Attend your appointment
- Receive your visa
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.
Apply for Schengen Visa from Canada
Apply for Austria Schengen Visa from Ottawa, Canada
Apply for Belgium Schengen Visa from Montreal, Canada
Apply for Czech Republic Schengen Visa from Ottawa, Canada
Apply for Denmark Schengen Visa from Ottawa, Canada
Apply for Estonia Schengen Visa from Ottawa, Canada
Apply for Finland Schengen Visa from Canada
Apply for France Schengen Visa from Canada
Apply for Germany Schengen Visa from Canada
Apply for Greece Schengen Visa from Canada
Apply for Hungary Schengen Visa from Canada
Apply for Iceland Schengen Visa from Canada
Apply for Italy Schengen Visa from Canada
Apply for Latvia Schengen Visa from Ottawa, Canada
Apply for Liechtenstein Schengen Visa from Ottawa, Canada
Apply for Lithuania Schengen Visa from Canada