Luxembourg Consulate NYC, New York – 5 Easy Steps to Apply for Luxembourg Schengen Visa
Luxembourg is one of the smallest countries in the Schengen area, but there are big surprises if you’re planning on going there. The capital’s old town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and it’s wonderful wandering around the streets seeing sights like the cathedral of Notre Dame. Further afield, you’ve got stunning basilicas, castles and other historic monuments. Not forgetting the countryside, brimming with beautiful lakes and forests – perfect for enjoying nature! In this article learn more about how to apply for Luxembourg visa at the Luxembourg consulate in NYC, New York, Luxembourg visa appointment booking, Processing time at the Luxembourg visa application center, flight itinerary for Luxembourg visa, hotel bookings for Luxembourg visa, Schengen travel insurance for Luxembourg visa application, and Luxembourg Visa Application Process at the NYC consulate.
Luxembourg Schengen Visa
In 2017, there were 10,004 Luxembourg Schengen visa applications received worldwide. Of these, 370 applications were rejected (3.70%). The Consulate General of Luxembourg in New York received 137 applications in the same year. The refused just 3 of them (2.2%).
Applying for Luxembourg Schengen Visa from the United States
If you are a non-US citizen and you currently live in the United States on a permanent basis, you need to apply for aa visa to go to Luxembourg.
You have to make sure you apply at the right Luxembourg embassy and consulate. You can easily do this by applying to the Consulate General of Luxembourg in New York as long as you live with their jurisdiction of Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island or Vermont.
Types of Schengen Visas Offered at the Consulate General of Luxembourg in New York
There are 2 types of visas offered at the Consulate General of Luxembourg in New York. The one you need to apply for will depend on the duration of your trip
- Schengen short-stay visa (C) – up to 90 days for tourism, business, and visiting family or friends etc.
- National visa (D) – over 90 days for study, employment, or residence etc. Please note, applications for this type of visa can only be accepted once you have received approval of a residence permit from the immigration service in Luxembourg. See the consulate’s website for further information
Visas are usually issued as:
- Single entry – you can enter once during the dates of your visa
- Double entry – you can enter twice during the dates of your visa
- Multiple entry – there is no limit to the number of times you enter during the dates of your visa
Schengen Visa Application Process at the Consulate General of Luxembourg in New York
You can apply for your Luxembourg visa up to 90 days in advance of your trip. Don’t leave it too late and run the risk of your application not being processed in time. The consulate usually takes around 2 weeks to process applications.
Here are a few steps to help you apply for your Luxembourg visa:
Step 1: Make an appointment
You need to make an appointment in order to submit your application to the consulate in New York. All you need to do is to contact them on (212) 888-6664.
Step 2: Complete your application
Next, you need to complete your application. Go to the consulate’s website and click on: “Visas”:
On the next page, click on: “How to apply for a short-stay Schengen visa to Luxembourg”:
Scroll down to “What should I submit” and you’ll find the link to the application form. Download it so you can print and sign it:
Step 3: Prepare your documents
Before you begin this step, take a look at the consulate’s website to familiarize yourself with what documents are required for your visa application. If you submit an incomplete application, the consulate will reject your application.
Plus, you need to provide original documents as well as photocopies of everything, so don’t forget to do that.
- A passport or official travel document with 6 months remaining after your trip. Plus, your passport should have 2 blank pages to affix the visa
- One visa application form (Please fill out the application form completely and legibly in black ink)
- 1 recent passport size photograph
- A letter of invitation from an individual or company
- Proof of participation in group travel
- Hotel Reservations or other proof of lodging i.e. vacation rental, staying with a family member or friend
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover the cost of your intended stay in Luxembourg (bank statements, employer’s letter etc.)
- A letter from your company in the USA
- Declaration the Prise en Charge if visiting family/friends
- Proof that you can continue your trip after your visit to the Schengen countries, i.e. onward or return airline ticket or e-ticket
- If returning to the US, a valid US resident alien card or a valid US visa. Students should present a valid I-20; Exchange visitors should present a valid I-66
- If the applicant is a minor, please present written consent of a parent or guardian with signatures notarized
- Proof of Schengen travel health/accident insurance to cover you for a minimum of $50,000 for repatriation, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment
- Plane tickets or e-tickets including full itinerary
- Pre-paid envelope (FedEx only) for mailing passports
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: Attend your appointment
There are a few things to bear in mind when the day arrives for you to submit your appointment:
- Remember all your documents – the consulate cannot and will not accept incomplete applications
- Arrive early – if you are late, you may have to make another appointment
- Dress smartly – don’t turn up wearing clothes that are too casual
The consulate staff will start to examine your application and if they need any more information, they may ask you questions like:
- Have you been to Luxembourg before?
- Are you meeting anyone else in the Schengen zone?
- How much do you earn?
- What did you say you do in the US?
If they do this, all you need to do is answer the questions honestly, politely, and with confidence. The consulate is only trying to obtain all the facts for them to be able to make a fair decision about your visa application.
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
You will also pay the relevant fee for your visa. The fee can be paid in cash or US postal order only. This fee is non-refundable even if your visa application is rejected.
Luxembourg Visa Fees
|Type of Visa||Fee|
|Residency long-stay (National visa)||$70|
|Citizens of Russia, Moldova, Ukraine, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Albania and FYROM||$35|
|Children between 6 and 12 years||$35|
Children under six years
School pupils, students, postgraduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake trips for the purpose of study or education
Researchers from third countries traveling within the community for the purpose of carrying out scientific research
Representatives of non-profit organizations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organized by non-profit organizations
Family members of EU/EEA nationals
You may also have to provide biometric data which is a scan of your fingerprints if this is your first time applying for a visa.
Step 5: Receive your visa
When the consulate has made a decision about your visa application, they will notify you and you can collect your passport from their office or have it returned by mail.
Hopefully, you will find your Luxembourg visa inside your passport. If it is not there, your application has been rejected.
- Invitation letter missing
- Invalid passport
- Hotel booking not included
- Application form not signed
If your passport is not valid, i.e. it doesn’t have 6 months remaining etc., you must obtain a new one before applying for your visa. You must remember to sign the application form, so do this before you arrive at the consulate for your appointment. You must also submit all the required documents including a hotel booking and an invitation letter.
Contact details for the Consulate General of Luxembourg in NYC, New York:
Address: The Luxembourg House, 17 Beekman Place, New York, NY 10022
Telephone: (212) 888 – 6664
Fax: (212) 888 – 6116
Hours: Monday to Friday, 10.00 am – 1.00 pm
In order to apply for your Luxembourg visa, all you need to do is:
- Make an appointment
- Complete your application
- Prepare your documents
- Attend your appointment
- Receive your visa
Once you get your visa, you can start to prepare for your exciting trip to Luxembourg!
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.