Lithuanian Embassy Washington DC – 5 Easy Steps to Apply for Lithuania Schengen Visa
There is much to see and do in the beautiful European country of Lithuania. Head to Vilnius for culture and architecture – the striking buildings will blow you away. Join thousands of tourists and locals during the summer months who descend on Palanga – a beach resort on the Baltic coast with sandy beaches and dunes. Take your pick from lots of charming towns, like, Kupiskis, where you can easily explore the stunning countryside. Everything is easy in Lithuania, you just have to get there! In this article learn more about how to apply for Lithuania visa at the Lithuanian embassy in Washington, DC, Lithuania visa appointment booking, Processing time at the Lithuanian visa application center, flight itinerary for Lithuania visa, hotel bookings for Lithuania visa, Schengen travel insurance for Lithuania visa application, and Lithuania Visa Application Process at the Washington DC embassy.
Lithuania Schengen Visa
413,966 Schengen visa applications for Lithuania were received at embassies and consulates around the world. Just over 1% of there were refused. The Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania in Washington DC dealt with 38 applications and they rejected only 1 of them.
Applying for Lithuania Schengen Visa from the United States
US citizens do not need to apply for a Schengen visa for Lithuania as long as the duration is a maximum of 90 days.
If you are not a US citizen by birth, but you live in the United States on a permanent basis, you must apply for a visa to be able to enter Lithuania.
You have to make sure you apply at the right Lithuanian embassy and consulate. You can do this easily from the US. You just need to find out which visa mission you need to deal with. If you live in Washington D.C., Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, South Carolina, and North Carolina you may apply at the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania in Washington DC. If you live in any other area, check the embassy’s website to find out which office you need to apply to.
Types of Schengen Visas Offered at the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania in Washington DC
There are 3 types of visas offered at the embassy in Washington DC:
- Airport Transit visa (A) – allows you to transit through the international zone of 1 or more airports within the Schengen area
- Short-stay Schengen visa (C) – allows you to enter Lithuania for up to 90 days in any 180 day period. Issued as single, double or multiple entry which means you can enter Lithuania once, twice, or unlimited times during the dates of the visa
- National visa (D) – allows you to stay in Lithuania for longer than 90 days. Issued as single or multiple entry depending on your circumstances. See the conditions that apply
There are different categories of Schengen and National visas and the one you apply for will depend on why you wish to travel to Lithuania. Your reason may be for tourist, business, or to visit family or friends. Or, you may wish to undertake paid employment, study, or you are planning on living there.
Whatever your reason, you must ensure that you apply for the correct TYPE of visa and the correct CATEGORY. If you don’t, this could result in your application being rejected by the embassy.
Therefore, it’s a good idea to spend time looking at their website before you do anything else. That way, you can learn what is required and what you need to do.
With that in mind, let’s go through a series of steps that will help you apply for your Lithuania visa.
Schengen Visa Application Process at the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania in Washington DC
The embassy in Washington is processing visa application forms in around 10 days, sometimes up to 30 days. There is no rush processing available, so don’t leave it too late before applying. You should aim to apply at least 10-15 days prior to your trip. You are able to apply up to 90 days in advance, but no more than that.
First, go to the Lithuanian Embassy’s website and click on the “Travel and Residence” tab and then “Visas”:
This page will give you general information about visas, so read this before you proceed. Once you’re happy with that, click on: “Schengen visas” or “National visas” on the right-hand side:
Step 1: Book an appointment
The first thing to do is to book an appointment for handing over your application to the embassy in Washington. You must do this in advance because the embassy does not allow walk-ins.
All you need to do is to contact the consular department of the embassy in Washington DC. You can do this in 1 of 2 ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 202 234 5860, ext. 127. Monday to Thursday, 2.00 pm – 5.00 pm and Friday, 2.00 pm – 4.00 pm
Step 2: Complete your application
You need to complete your application online by using the embassy’s system – EPM. Go to the visa page on their website, scroll down and you’ll see the link for the online visa application form:
Click on: “New application”:
On the next page, you can complete the application and submit it electronically in preparation for your appointment at the embassy:
Don’t forget to print the application because you’ll still need to sign it.
Step 3: Get your documentation ready
Make sure you take a look at the requirements for your type of visa before you start to get your documentation ready. The embassy will not accept applications with missing documents, so make sure you check everything.
In addition, you need to provide photocopies of everything, so don’t forget to do this.
Basic documents for your visa application include:
- A completed and signed application form
- A valid passport or travel document issued not earlier than 10 years ago, valid at least 3 months after the expiration of visa, and have at least two blank pages
- 2 color photos corresponding to the age of an applicant
- Schengen Travel medical insurance for your trip with your name and dates covered, a copy of your insurance card, confirming international coverage (or Schengen area) of at least €30.000 ($50,000) for emergency medical expenses and/or hospital treatment and repatriation
- Proof of legal status in the USA and re-entry document such as a green card or valid U.S. visa that should be valid for at least three months beyond the intended departure from Lithuania
- Proof of travel arrangements such as round-trip flight or travel reservations or other proof of intended transport and full itinerary
- Proof of accommodation – evidence of hotel bookings or travel plans. Individuals need to provide, a confirmed hotel reservation. Groups need to provide, a certificate of the travel agency or other evidence like a rental agreement
- Other documents that may be required:
- Visiting family/friends – invitation letter from friend/relative with ID of inviting friend/relative
- Business – a letter of invitation from the business partner specifying the nature of the business; reference letter from employer; confirmed accommodation
- Students/ Researchers – certificate from the receiving institution on the length and purpose of stay; enrollment certificate from home institution; confirmed accommodation.
- Proof of sufficient funds – bank statements or pay slips for last 3 months; self-employed tax return or proof of economic activity and/or income OR retiree pension certificate OR a letter stating that all expenses are fully covered
- Parental consent for minors plus birth certificate
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: Attend your visa appointment
When the time comes for your appointment, arrive at the embassy in Washington early. If you are late and miss your appointment, you may have to reschedule it. Don’t forget any of your paperwork. The embassy will not accept your application if you do. Also, it’s wise to dress smartly. Every little thing helps to make a good impression!
If the staff need to know anything more about your application, they could question you further by asking you:
- What are your plans in Lithuania or the Schengen area?
- What do you know about the country?
- How much do you earn?
- Do you know anyone in Lithuania or any of the other Schengen countries?
- What are your plans when you return to the US?
Simply answer anything put to you calmly, honestly, and to the point. The embassy is trying to get full information from you in order to make an informed decision about whether to give you the visa or not.
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
You’ll also have to pay the correct fee for your visa. You can pay by credit or debit card only. Please be aware that this money will not be refunded to you, even if your application is refused.
|Short-stay visas (C)||$69|
|Short-stay visas (C) children aged 6-12|
Short-stay visas (C) children aged 0-6
|Reduced fee for applicants of the following nationalities: Russia, Ukraine, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Moldova, Georgia and Macedonia||$40|
| National visa (D)||$115|
The last part of your appointment involves having a scan of your fingerprints.
Step 5: Receive your visa
When the embassy has made a decision about your visa application, they will notify you and you can collect your passport from their office.
Your visa would have been either:
- Approved – you will find your visa attached to one of the pages inside your passport
- Rejected – your visa application would have been rejected for a reason
Schengen visa rejections reasons include:
- Applying at the wrong visa office
- Missing documents
- Insufficient funds
- Purpose of your trip is not clear
- Wrong category of visa
Firstly, you must apply to the correct visa office. Each of them deals with applications from within their consular district, so you need to check this information on the embassy’s website. Applying for the wrong category of visa will lead to your application being rejected, so look carefully at what categories there are. If you want to travel for tourist purposes, then the category will be “tourism”. You must be able to afford your trip and the reason you wish to travel must be clear and you need to be able to prove this. Lastly, if you present an application with missing documents, the embassy will not accept your application, so check everything prior to getting to the embassy.
Contact details for the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania in Washington DC
Address: 2622 16th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20009
Tel: 202-234-5860 ext 127
Hours: Monday to Friday, 10.00 am – 12.00 pm
Just 5 easy steps to apply for your Lithuanian Schengen visa.
- Book your appointment
- Complete your application
- Get your documentation ready
- Attend your visa appointment
- Receive your visa
When you get your visa, all you need to do is look forward to a good time in Lithuania.
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.