Lithuanian Consulate NYC, New York – 5 Easy Steps to Apply for Lithuania Schengen Visa
Europe has many wonderful countries, but Lithuania is one Schengen country not to be missed. There are plenty of things to see and do. Take in the culture, the impressive monuments, or simply relax on a beach in a charming coastal resort. There are annual festivals and fairs where you can shop for local arts and crafts. There’s even an archaeological festival with traditional music and activities. Lithuania is one place that will leave you wanting more! In this article learn more about how to apply for Lithuania visa at the Lithuanian consulate in NYC, New York, Lithuania visa appointment booking, Processing time at the Lithuania visa application center, flight itinerary for Lithuania visa, hotel bookings for Lithuania visa, Schengen travel insurance for Lithuania visa application, and Lithuania Visa Application Process at the NYC consulate.
Lithuania Schengen Visa
413,966 Schengen visa applications for Lithuania were received at embassies and consulates around the world. Just over 1% of there were refused. The Consulate General of Lithuania in New York received 89 applications and rejected just 2 of them.
Applying for Lithuania Schengen Visa from the United States
If you are a non-US citizen you will need to apply for a visa for Lithuania. However, in order to do this from the United States, you must live in the US on a permanent basis and you must be able to provide proof of legal residence.
You have to make sure you apply at the right Lithuanian embassy and consulate. If you live in the following areas, you may apply at the Consulate General of Lithuania in New York:
- Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Florida, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont
Types of Schengen Visas Offered at the Consulate General of Lithuania in New York
There are 3 types of visas offered by the Consulate General of Lithuania in New York:
- Airport Transit Schengen visa (A) – a visa valid for transit through the international transit areas of the airport
- Short-stay Schengen visa (C) – a visa valid for stays not exceeding 90 days
- National visa (D) – a visa allowing to enter Lithuania for stays over 90 days
Your reason for traveling to Lithuania will determine the category of visa you need to apply for. Generally, Schengen visas are issued for the purposes of tourism, business, or to visit family or friends. National visas are issued for the purposes of paid employment, study, or residence.
When you apply for your visa, you can specify the number of times you are able to enter the country. If you are applying for a Schengen visa for up to 90 days, you can choose single entry (once), double entry (twice) or multiple entry (unlimited times).
For National visas, a single entry national visa shall be issued if you have also been granted a temporary or permanent residence permit in Lithuania. A multiple entry national visa shall be issued if your reason for traveling to Lithuania means you will need a long-term stay.
Schengen Visa Application Process at the Consulate General of Lithuania in NYC, New York
The Consulate General of Lithuania in New York processes visa applications within 10 days. However, the time could be extended up to 30 days depending on the circumstances of your visa application. You can apply up to 3 months ahead of your departure date, so apply well in advance. The consulate will NOT rush your application through if you apply too late.
Step 1: Book an appointment
Making appointments with the embassy or visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment yourself by following below steps:
- The first step is to book an appointment, so go to the consulate’s website and you will see, at the bottom of the screen, there is a note to say that mandatory registration. Click on: “Read more”:
- Key in the requested information and you can choose your appointment day and time:
- Then, scroll down and complete your personal information and click on: “Register”:
Step 2: Complete your application
The next step is to complete your application and you can do this on the consulate’s website. Click on: ” Travel and residence” then “Visas”:
Then, scroll down the page until you find the information regarding EPM which is the consulate’s online visa application system. Click on the link:
Click on: “New application”:
On the next page, you can complete the application and submit it electronically to the consulate in New York:
Once you’ve completed the application form, print it and sign it.
Step 3: Get your documentation ready
Before you start step 3, take a look at the consulate’s website so you know what documents you need to prepare. The requirements are different for each type of visa. The consulate will not accept incomplete applications, so make sure you provide what they ask for.
In addition, you need to provide photocopies of everything, so don’t forget to do this.
- Application form– fully completed and signed
- A valid passport or travel document issued not earlier than 10 years ago, at least 3 months remaining after your trip, and 2 two blank pages
- 2 color photos – passport-size
- Schengen Travel insurance for at least €30.000 ($50,000) for emergency medical expenses, hospital treatment and repatriation
- Proof of legal status in the USA and re-entry document – green card or valid U.S. visa that should be valid for at least three months beyond your return to the US
- Round-trip flight/travel reservations or other proof of intended transport and full itinerary
- Evidence of hotel bookings or travel plans. Individuals need to provide, a confirmed hotel reservation or rental agreement etc. Groups need to provide a certificate of the travel agency
- Invitation letter from friend/relative with ID of inviting friend/relative OR from a business partner confirming the nature of the business and/or employer’s letter of reference
- Certificate from the research or educational institution confirming the length and purpose of stay; enrollment certificate from US school or university
- Proof of financial means – 3 x bank statements or pay slips OR tax return/proof of economic activity and/or income OR retiree pension certificate OR a letter stating that all expenses are fully covered
- Birth certificate and consent of parents (minors)
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: Attend your visa appointment
On the day of your appointment, arrive at the consulate in New York early, dress smartly, and remember to take your full application including the supporting documents.
Your application will be reviewed and if the consulate needs any further information from you, they may ask you additional questions like:
- Are you married?
- Are you traveling alone?
- Do you intend to work in Lithuania?
- What are your plans when you return to the US?
- What is your salary?
The consulate needs all the facts from you to be able to make a decision, so answer their questions, politely, honestly, and be confident with your answers. Don’t give them any reason to doubt you as this could affect the outcome of your application.
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
You’ll also have to pay the fee for your visa. You can pay by money order payable to the Consulate General of Lithuania. This fee is not refundable, even if your application is refused.
Lithuania Visa Fee
|Short-stay visas (C)||$69|
|Short-stay visas (C) children aged 6-12|
Short-stay visas (C) children aged 0-6
|Fee also reduced for applicants of the following nationalities: Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Armenia||$40|
| National visa (D)||$115|
You may also have to provide a scan of your fingerprints if this is your first time applying for a Schengen visa.
Step 5: Receive your visa
When the consulate has reached a decision about your visa application, you can either collect your passport from their office or arrange for it to be mailed back to you. Please note, if you wish your passport to be mailed, you will need to complete a consent to mail form and pay an additional fee of $20 to cover the mailing expenses.
If your application has been approved, you will find the visa inside your passport. If it isn’t there, your application has been rejected.
- You have not provided all the required documents
- It appears that you cannot afford the trip to the EU
- Damaged passport
- You have applied for the wrong type of visa
You must ensure that you apply for the correct visa. If you are going to Lithuania for sightseeing purposes, you need to apply for a “tourist” Schengen visa (for a maximum of 90 days). If your passport is damaged in any way, you must obtain a new one before applying for your visa. You must be able to afford the trip, so you must provide documents that prove this. Plus, you must provide all the necessary documents in order for the consulate to make a decision about your application. This is why you should check what is required before you start to prepare your documents.
Contact details for the Consulate General of Lithuania in NYC, New York
Address: 420 Fifth Avenue, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10018
Tel: +1 212 354 7840
Fax: +1 212 354 7911
Monday 9.00 am – 12.00 pm and 1.00 pm – 4.00 pm;
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9.00 am – 12.00 pm;
In summary, there are 5 easy steps to follow when you apply for your Lithuania visa:
- Book your appointment
- Complete your application
- Get your documentation ready
- Attend your visa appointment
- Receive your visa
At the end of step 5, you’ll hopefully find your visa inside your passport. Then, you simply have to wait until the time comes when you jet off to Lithuania!
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.