Lithuanian Consulate Los Angeles – 5 Easy Steps to Apply for Lithuania Schengen Visa
Lithuania has cities and towns full of interesting architecture, lots of cultures, and perfect for strolling around or taking a break in one of the many cafes. This Schengen country also has seaside resorts, popular with locals and tourists, beautiful national parks which are free and open all year round, and plenty of archaeological sites to be fascinated by. In this article learn more about how to apply for Lithuania visa at the Lithuanian consulate in Los Angeles, California, Lithuania visa appointment booking, Processing time at the Lithuania visa application center, flight itinerary for Lithuania visa, hotel bookings for Lithuania visa, Schengen travel insurance for Lithuania visa application, and Lithuania Visa Application Process at the Los Angeles embassy.
Lithuania Schengen Visa
413,966 Schengen visa applications for Lithuania were received at embassies and consulates around the world. 4,932 (1.19%) were refused. The Consulate General of Lithuania in Los Angeles received 43 applications and rejected 3 (7.0%).
Applying for Lithuania Schengen Visa from the United States
If you are a non-US citizen and you wish to go to Lithuania for any reason, you need to apply for a visa to be able to enter and stay in the country. In order to do this from the United States, you must live in the US on a permanent basis and you must be able to prove your legal right to remain the country.
You have to make sure you apply at the right Lithuanian embassy and consulate. If you live in the following areas, you may apply at the Consulate General of Lithuania in Los Angeles:
- California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Alaska, and Hawaii
Types of Schengen Visas Offered at the Consulate General of Lithuania in Los Angeles
There are 2 types of visas offered by the Consulate General of Lithuania in Los Angeles and the one you need to apply for depends on how long you are going to Lithuania and your reason for traveling there:
- Schengen short-stay visa (C) – for the purposes of tourism, business, visiting family/friends for stays NOT exceeding 90 days. Schengen visas are issued as single, double or multiple entry which relates to the number of times you can enter the country during the dates of the visa
- Airport transit visa (A) – a visa valid for transit through the international transit areas of one or more airports of the Schengen Member States
- National visa (D) – for the purposes of employment, study, residence, etc., for stays exceeding 90 days. A single entry national visa shall be issued if you have been granted a residence permit in Lithuania. A multiple entry national visa shall be issued if you are planning a long-term stay in Lithuania
Schengen Visa Application Process at the Consulate General of Lithuania in Los Angeles
Visa applications are processed within 15 days, so you should aim to apply any time from 90 days to 15 days ahead of your planned departure date. Applications received earlier than 90 days ahead will not be processed. If you leave it too late, for example, less than 15 days before, your application may not be processed in time. In addition, some applications could take longer, so apply well in advance.
Here are a few steps to help you apply for your Lithuania visa:
Step 1: Book an appointment
Making appointments with the embassy or visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can make an appointment on your own by following the steps below:
- Go to the consulate’s website and click on: “Consular information” then “Visas”:
- Then, click on: “Registration for appointment”:
- You will be directed to the online booking system. Complete the fields on the screen and you’ll be able to register and make a suitable appointment:
Step 2: Complete your application
Step 2 is to complete your application form. Go to the consulate’s website again and click on: “Online visa application form”:
You will be directed to the EPM system for completing application forms. Click on: “New application”:
Then, you can complete your application. Don’t forget to print it off because you will need to hand this over to the consulate:
Step 3: Get your documents ready
It’s advisable to know what documents you need for your visa application before you start. Everything you need to know is on the consulate’s website, so take a look at that first. The consulate will not accept incomplete applications, so make sure you provide what they ask for.
In addition, you need to provide photocopies of everything, so don’t forget to do this.
- A completed and signed application form
- A valid travel document dated at least three months after the intended date of departure from Lithuania. It must contain at least two blank pages and it shall have been issued within the previous ten years
- A color photo corresponding to the age of an applicant (Photograph Guidelines)
- Proof of legal residence in the USA and re-entry document (“green card”, valid US resident visa). Documents must be valid at least three months beyond the intended departure from Lithuania
- Documents indicating the purpose of the journey such as invitation letter from friend/relative, copy of ID of inviting friend/relative OR invitation letter from the business partner specifying the nature of the business, reference letter from employer and confirmed accommodation OR certificate from educational institution on the length and purpose of stay and/or certificate of enrollment/sponsorship
- Proof of travel arrangements such as flight (roundtrip)/travel reservations or other proof of intended transport and full itinerary
- Proof of accommodation – evidence of hotel bookings or travel plans for the entire Schengen area
- Proof of sufficient means of subsistence – bank account statement for the past 3 months AND/OR proof of regular income e.g. pay slips for the past 3 months OR if self-employed, tax return (s) OR if retired, pension certificate or a letter from a previous employer or a pension check stub or other proof of pension income OR in case of business, letter stating that all expenses are fully covered by inviting employer/company OR in case of students/researchers, letter stating that all expenses are fully covered
- Parental consent for minor to travel and declaration stating parents will be covering the cost
- Birth certificate and parent’s ID
- Schengen Travel medical insurance to cover repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death during your trip with a minimum cover of €30,000
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: Attend your visa appointment
On the day of your appointment remember to:
- Arrive early – if you are late, your appointment may have to be rescheduled
- Take all your documents with you – if you forget anything and submit an incomplete application, it may be rejected
- Dress smartly – make a good impression by dressing in smart clothes
Your application will be reviewed and if the consulate needs any further information from you, they may ask you additional questions like:
- What are your plans when you arrive in Lithuania?
- Are you meeting anyone in the Schengen area?
- What is your job in the US?
- Will you be working in Lithuania?
- How much do you earn?
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
The consulate needs all the facts from you to be able to make a decision, so answer their questions politely and truthfully.
You’ll also have to pay the fee for your visa. This fee is not refundable, even if your application is refused.
|Short-stay visas (C)||$68|
|Short-stay visas (C) children aged 6-12|
Short-stay visas (C) children aged 0-6
|Reduced fee for applicants of the following nationalities: Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Armenia||$40|
| National visa (D)||$68|
You may also have to provide a scan of your fingerprints if this is your first time applying for a Schengen visa. If you have provided this data within the last 5 years, your data may be reused.
Step 5: Receive your visa
When the consulate has reached a decision about your visa application, you can either collect your passport from the consulate’s office or it can be returned to you via mail. To receive the passport by mail, you should provide a prepaid self-addressed envelope when you submit your application.
If your application has been approved, you will find the visa inside your passport. If it isn’t there, your application has been rejected.
- Missing invitation letter – if you are being invited by a person or a company etc., you need to provide an invitation letter
- No birth certificate – if you, or someone in your party, is under 18, you must provide a birth certificate
- Insufficient funds – you must be able to afford your trip and you need to prove this by providing documents such as bank statements or payslips etc
- Invalid passport – if your passport is invalid in any way (see above requirements) you must obtain a new one before applying for your visa
Contact details for the Consulate General of Lithuania in Los Angeles
Address: 11766 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 560, Los Angeles, California 90025
Tel: +1 (424) 465 9901
Hours: Monday 9.00 am – 12.00 pm and 1.00 pm – 4.00 pm; Tuesday to Thursday 9.00 am – 12.00 pm
There are 5 easy steps to follow to apply for your Lithuania visa:
- Book your appointment
- Complete your application
- Get your documents ready
- Attend your visa appointment
- Receive your visa
When you get your visa, you can turn your attention to preparing for your trip to Lithuania!
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.