How to Apply for Lithuania Schengen Visa from Australia in 5 Easy Steps – A Complete Guide
Lithuania is a wonderful Schengen country full of fabulous things to see and do. Whether that’s getting lost in the cities and stumbling upon historical sites or simply spending time eating and drinking traditional cuisine, you’re sure to have a blast! In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Lithuania visa at the Embassy of Estonia in Canberra, Australia, Lithuania visa appointment booking, processing time at the Lithuania visa application centre, flight itinerary for a Lithuania visa, hotel bookings for a Lithuania visa, Schengen travel insurance for a Lithuania visa application, and Lithuania visa application process at the embassy in Canberra.
Applying for a Schengen Visa from Australia
Australian citizens to do need a visa for Lithuania. However, if you are not an Australian citizen, but you are living in Australia permanently, you do need to apply for a Lithuania visa. All you need to do is be able to prove you have a legal right to remain in Australia.
Lithuania is represented by Estonia in Australia, so you can submit your application to the Embassy of Estonia in Canberra.
You have to make sure you apply at the correct visa office.
Types of Schengen visas offered at the Embassy of Estonia in Canberra
Depending on your reason for travelling to Lithuania and how long you wish to go for, there are 3 different visas that you can apply for:
- Schengen visa (C) if you are travelling for tourism, business, visiting family or friends for up to 90 days
- Airport Transit visa (A) is required when you are connecting through a Schengen country airport and not leaving the airport
- National visa (D) for family reasons, study or employment etc., for over 90 days
How Can I Apply for a Schengen Visa from the Embassy of Estonia in Canberra
The embassy processes visa applications within 15 days, so you should submit your application AT LEAST 15 days prior to your intended travel date. You can apply as many as 90 days ahead, so you have plenty of time to get your application submitted.
Here are 5 easy steps to follow to help you apply for your visa:
Step 1: How to complete your application?
Go to the embassy’s website and click on: “Consular information” and “Visa Application Forms”:
Then, click on the link:
Choose your language:
On the next screen, fill in the required information:
At the end, print off the application form, sign and date it.
Step 2: How to make an appointment
Making appointments with the embassy, consulate or visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, the visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below.
- Go to the embassy’s website and click on: “Consular Information”
- Click on the link under “Contacts”
- You will be directed to the online system
- Change to English (if applicable)
- From the drop-down box, choose the Embassy of Estonia in Canberra
- Choose the reason for your appointment – in this case, Schengen visa (C-visa) application
- Give the number of people applying
- Click on the CAPTCHA (to prove you are not a robot)
- Click on “To next page”
- Complete all the fields with the required information
- Continue through the screens until you are able to make a convenient appointment
Step 3: Prepare your documents
It’s a good idea to take the time to look at the requirements on the embassy’s website. This will help you when you start to prepare your documents and to understand what you need to submit alongside your application.
You should also prepare photocopies as well as providing the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- A valid travel document such as a passport – issued within previous 10 years, has at least two blank pages for visas and is valid at least 3 months after the expiration date of the visa
- Filled in and signed application form
- Passport photograph
- Airline reservation
- Proof of travel medical insurance valid in Schengen countries with a coverage of at least 30,000 EUR for the entire duration of stay in Schengen area
- Documents indicating the purpose of journey such as a work contract, proof of studies or a travel itinerary etc
- Documents in relation to accommodation such as a hotel reservation
- Documents indicating that you possess sufficient funds for the duration of your trip and for the return to Australia (108€ for each day in Lithuania)
- Information which proves your intention to leave the Schengen area before the expiry of the visa
- Invitation letter if you are being invited by a person or company
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: A guide to your visa appointment
On the day of your appointment arrive early to ensure your appointment won’t get rescheduled. Remember all the required documents. Just one piece of missing paperwork could result in your application being refused. Plus, if you want to make a good impression, dress smartly. The embassy is not the place to turn up to dressed in shorts.
The visa officer may question you if he/she wishes to clarify anything or more information is needed. All you need to do is to answer them politely and truthfully.
- Who are you going to Lithuania with?
- What do you know about Lithuania?
- Are you meeting anyone there?
- Are you going to go to any other countries in Europe?
- What is your job/salary?
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
You will also pay the fee for your visa. You may pay by online transfer to:
Bank accounts of the MINISTRY OF FINANCE for collecting visa fee are the following:
- SEB Pank EE891010220034796011
- Swedbank EE932200221023778606
- Luminor Bank AS EE701700017001577198
- Reference number: 2900073630
- Clarification of the payment: Review of visa applications
PLEASE NOTE THAT REFERENCE NUMBER AND CLARIFICATION OF THE PAYMENT ARE COMPULSORY FIELDS ON THE PAYMENT ORDER.
Please note, the fee is non-refundable even if your application gets rejected.
|Type of visa||Fee|
|Schengen visa – up to 90 days||AUD 98/€60|
|National visa – over 90 days||AUD 130/€80|
|Child between 6-12 years of age||AUD 57/€35|
|Children under the age of six||Free|
If this is your first time applying for a Schengen visa, you will have to provide bio-metric data which is a photograph and a scan of your fingerprints.
Step 5: Receive your visa
Once the embassy as reached a decision, your passport will either be sent to your home address or you may have the option of collecting it from the embassy. You should check with the embassy which option is available.
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason and you can appeal the decision
- Invalid passport – if your passport is invalid in any way (see above requirements), you should get a new one before applying for your visa
- You provided fake documents – whatever you do, do NOT provide fake documents. The embassy will find out and it could mean that you will never be able to get a visa now or in the future
- No proof that you will leave the Schengen area before the visa expires – you must give information that you intend to leave the Schengen area before your visa expires, for example, a return flight reservation
- Passport photos are not suitable – the passport photo (s) that you provide must meet certain specifications, so you should find out what these are before submitting your application (click on the link above for more information)
Contact the Embassy of Estonia in Canberra
Address: 12 Darwin Avenue, Yarralumla, ACT 2600, Australia
Tel. +61 (0) 409 798 474
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm; Friday 9.00 am to 2.30 pm
To apply for a Schengen visa for Lithuania in Australia, follow these simple steps:
- Complete your application
- Make your appointment
- Prepare your documents
- Attend your appointment
- Receive your visa
Then, the countdown begins!
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa, Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.