How to Apply for Lithuania Schengen Visa from Australia in 5 Easy Steps – A Complete Guide
Lithuania is a wonderful Schengen country full of fabulous things to see and do. Whether that’s getting lost in the cities and stumbling upon historical sites or simply spending time eating and drinking traditional cuisine, you’re sure to have a blast! In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Lithuania visa at the Embassy of Lithuania in Canberra, Australia, Lithuania visa appointment booking, processing time at the Lithuania visa application centre, flight itinerary for a Lithuania visa, hotel bookings for a Lithuania visa, Schengen travel insurance for a Lithuania visa application, and Lithuania visa application process at the embassy in Canberra.
Applying for a Schengen Visa from Australia
Australian citizens do not need a visa for Lithuania. However, if you are not an Australian citizen, but you are living in Australia permanently, you may need to apply for a Lithuania visa. All you need to do is be able to prove you have a legal right to remain in Australia.
To find out whether you need a visa for Lithuania, click here.
If you do need a visa, you can apply at the Embassy of Lithuania in Canberra.
You have to make sure you apply at the correct visa office.
Types of Schengen visas offered at the Embassy of Lithuania in Canberra
Depending on your reason for travelling to Lithuania and how long you wish to go for, there are 3 different visas that you can apply for:
- Schengen visa (C) if you are travelling for tourism, business, visiting family or friends for up to 90 days
- Airport Transit visa (A) is required when you are connecting through a Schengen country airport and not leaving the airport
- National visa (D) for family reasons, study or employment etc., for over 90 days
How Can I Apply for a Schengen Visa from the Embassy of Lithuania in Canberra?
The embassy processes visa applications within 15 days, so you should submit your application AT LEAST 15 days prior to your intended travel date. You can apply as many as 90 days ahead, so you have plenty of time to get your application submitted.
Here are 5 easy steps to follow to help you apply for your visa:
Step 1: How to complete your application?
Go to the embassy’s website and click on: “Entry to Lithuania” and “Lodging an application and supporting documents”:
On the next page, click on “application form”:
You will be directed to EPM which is the online visa application form system. Click on “new application”:
Fill in the date, save the application and then submit it:
Make sure you print the form because you will need to sign it and take it with you when you submit your application.
Step 2: How to make an appointment?
Making appointments with the embassy, consulate or visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, the visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by emailing or telephoning the embassy in Canberra.
General Enquiries tel: 0484 344 338
Consular tel: 0474 906 328
Step 3: Prepare your documents
It’s a good idea to take the time to look at the requirements on the embassy’s website. This will help you when you start to prepare your documents and to understand what you need to submit alongside your application.
You should also prepare photocopies as well as provide the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- A valid travel document such as a passport – issued within previous 10 years, has at least two blank pages for visas and is valid at least 3 months after the expiration date of the visa
- Filled in and signed application form
- Passport photograph
- Airline reservation
- Proof of travel medical insurance valid in Schengen countries with a coverage of at least 30,000 EUR for the entire duration of stay in Schengen area
- Documents indicating the purpose of journey such as a work contract, proof of studies or a travel itinerary etc
- Documents in relation to accommodation such as a hotel reservation
- Documents indicating that you possess sufficient funds for the duration of your trip and for the return to Australia (108€ for each day in Lithuania)
- Information which proves your intention to leave the Schengen area before the expiry of the visa
- Invitation letter if you are being invited by a person or company
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: A guide to your visa appointment
On the day of your appointment arrive early to ensure your appointment won’t get rescheduled. Remember all the required documents. Just one piece of missing paperwork could result in your application being refused. Plus, if you want to make a good impression, dress smartly. The embassy is not the place to turn up to dressed in shorts.
The visa officer may question you if he/she wishes to clarify anything or more information is needed. All you need to do is to answer them politely and truthfully.
- Who are you going to Lithuania with?
- What do you know about Lithuania?
- Are you meeting anyone there?
- Are you going to go to any other countries in Europe?
- What is your job/salary?
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
You will also pay the fee for your visa. The fee is non-refundable even if your application gets rejected.
|Type of visa||Fee|
|Schengen visa – up to 90 days||€80|
|National visa – over 90 days||€120|
|Child between 6-12 years of age||€40|
|Children under the age of six||Free|
If this is your first time applying for a Schengen visa, you will have to provide biometric data which is a photograph and a scan of your fingerprints.
Step 5: Receive your visa
Once the embassy has reached a decision, your passport will either be sent to your home address or you may have the option of collecting it from the embassy. You should check with the embassy which option is available.
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason and you can appeal the decision within 14 days
Common rejection reasons include:
- Invalid passport – if your passport is invalid in any way (see above requirements), you should get a new one before applying for your visa
- You provided fake documents – whatever you do, do NOT provide fake documents. The embassy will find out and it could mean that you will never be able to get a visa now or in the future
- No proof that you will leave the Schengen area before the visa expires – you must give information that you intend to leave the Schengen area before your visa expires, for example, a return flight reservation
- Passport photos are not suitable – the passport photo (s) that you provide must meet certain specifications, so you should find out what these are before submitting your application (click on the link above for more information)
How to contact the Embassy of Lithuania in Canberra?
Address: 53 Blackall Street, Barton, ACT 2600
Tel. 0484 344 338 (General Enquiries) 0474 906 328 (Consular Enquiries)
Hours: Monday – Friday: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
To apply for a Schengen visa for Lithuania in Australia, follow these simple steps:
- Complete your application
- Make your appointment
- Prepare your documents
- Attend your appointment
- Receive your visa
Then, the countdown begins!
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa, Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.
How to Apply for Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Austria Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Belgium Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Czech Republic Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Denmark Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Estonia Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Finland Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for France Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Germany Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Greece Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Hungary Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Iceland Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Italy Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Latvia Schengen Visa from Australia
How to Apply for Liechtenstein Schengen Visa from Australia
Last Updated: Apr 10, 2022