How to Apply for Lithuania Schengen Visa from Canada in 5 Easy Steps – A Complete Guide
Lithuania is 1 of the 26 Schengen countries waiting to be discovered. The capital city of Vilnius has a wonderful old town perfect for visitors wanting to explore it has on offer. The architecture is amazing and great for lots of photo opportunities. You’ll love the food and you there are plenty of microbreweries where you can enjoy some traditional beer. In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Lithuania visa at the Embassy of Lithuania in Ottawa, Canada, Lithuania visa appointment booking, processing time at the Lithuania visa application center, flight itinerary for a Lithuania visa, hotel bookings for a Lithuania visa, Schengen travel insurance for Lithuania visa application, and Lithuania visa application process at the Ottawa embassy.
Lithuania Schengen Visa
In 2018, 353,059 Lithuania Schengen visa applications were received by embassies around the world. Of this amount, 4,701 were rejected. The Embassy of Lithuania in Ottawa received 21 applications and rejected just 1.
Applying for a Schengen Visa from Canada
If you are a Canadian citizen you do NOT need a visa for Lithuania as long as the trip is no more than 90 days. If you are not a Canadian citizen, you DO need a visa for Lithuania. You can do this easily from Canada if you can prove that you are legally resident in the country
Where to apply for a Lithuania Schengen visa
If you want to visit only one Schengen State, you have to apply to the Embassy of that State. If you want to visit two or more Schengen States in the same trip, please apply to the Embassy of the country which is your main destination (defined by the length of stay). If you intend to visit two or more Schengen States but you have no main destination, you need to apply for your visa at the Embassy of the country which you intend to visit first.
Therefore, if you are only going to Lithuania, you can submit your application to the Embassy of Lithuania in Ottawa. This is the only representation for Lithuania in Canada.
Types of Schengen visas offered by the Embassy of Lithuania in Ottawa
There are 3 types of visas you may apply for and the one you choose will depend on the reason and duration of your trip:
- Schengen visa (C): for tourism, business, or visiting family or friends for trips up to 90 days
- Airport transit visa (A): if you are catching a connecting flight in an airport in Lithuania
- National visa (D): for over 90 days for employment, study, family reasons, mission, residence, religious reasons, sports
How to Apply for a Lithuania Schengen Visa from the Embassy of Lithuania in Ottawa
Visa applications are usually processed within 15 days, although, it could take longer depending on the type of visa you are applying for and your nationality. You can apply up to 90 days ahead, so make sure you apply in plenty of time for your application to be processed.
Here are 5 easy steps to follow to help you apply for your visa:
Step 1: Complete your application form
To complete your application form, go to the embassy’s website and click on: “Travel and Residence” and then “Schengen visas”:
Then, click on: “How to apply for a Schengen visa” and you will see the link for the application form:
You will be directed to the online system. Click on: “New application”:
Then you can complete your application:
Make sure you download the form, print and sign it.
Step 2: Make an Appointment
Making appointments with the embassy, consulate or visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, the visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below.
- Contact the embassy on +1 613 567 54 58 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 3: Prepare your documents
The documents that you need to submit can be found on the consulate’s website under “Which documents should I submit with a Schengen visa application?” Documentation for National visas can also be found on the website. It’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the requirement before you start to prepare your documents.
You should also prepare photocopies as well as providing the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- Visa application form – completed and signed
- Passport photographs x 2
- Passport – must be valid for at least three months after the date of departure from the Schengen zone, at least two empty pages and issued no more than 10 years ago
- Documents showing the purpose of the journey
- Proof of legal residence in Canada valid for at least three months after the date of re-entry to Canada
- Information proving your intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa
- Travel itinerary/airline reservation
- Proof of Schengen travel medical insurance – minimum €30,000/50,000 CAD to cover medical expenses, hospital treatment and repatriation for medical reasons
- Proof of financial means such as bank statements
- Hotel reservation or other proof of accommodation
- Letter of invitation if you are being invited by a person or company. A copy of your host’s passport or residence permit must be included in your application
- A detailed itinerary for the whole duration of the trip including the cities you are visiting and means of transport if visiting various countries
- Declaration of sponsorship
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: Attend your appointment
Make sure you arrive early for your appointment and don’t forget to take all your documents. It’s also a good idea to dress smartly. These things help to make a good impression.
Typical questions include:
- Is this your first time to the Schengen area?
- What do you know about Lithuania?
- Are you married?
- Are you traveling alone?
- Will you be meeting anyone there?
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
You’ll also pay the fee for your visa. You can usually pay in cash or money order, but you should check with the embassy regarding what type of payment methods are available. This fee is non-refundable, even if your application is rejected.
|Type of visa||Fee|
|Schengen visa – up to 90 days||90 CAD/€60|
|Long-stay visa – over 90 days||90 CAD/€60|
|Child between 6-12 years of age||52 CAD/€35|
|Children under the age of six||Free|
You will also provide biometric data, which is a scan of your fingerprints and a photograph. If you have provided this information within the last 5 years, it can be reused.
Step 5: Receive your visa
When a decision about your visa has been reached, you will either be able to collect your passport from the embassy or they will send it to your home address. You should check with them for clarification on how you will receive your passport.
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason. You can appeal the decision within 30 days
- Invalid passport – if your passport is invalid in any way, you should obtain a new one before applying for your visa
- No documents to state your intention to return to Canada – you must provide information to show the embassy that you are intending to return home. You could provide an employment contract or proof that you own a house – anything to prove that you have ties in your home country
- No invitation letter – if you are being invited by a person or a company, you must provide an invitation letter
- No documents showing the purpose of the journey – this is a mandatory requirement and the documents you provide could be a travel itinerary, a work contract or enrollment in a course in Lithuania
Contact details of the Embassy of Lithuania in Ottawa
Address: 150 Metcalfe Street, Suite 1600, Ottawa, Ontario, K2P 1P1, CANADA
Phone: +1 613 567 54 58
Fax: +1 613 567 53 15
Hours: Monday-Thursday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm; Friday 9.00 am – 3.45 pm
To apply for a Schengen visa for Lithuania, follow these simple steps:
- Complete your application online or download it
- Make an appointment
- Prepare your documents
- Attend your appointment
- Receive your visa
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.