How to Apply for Liechtenstein Schengen Visa from Australia in 5 Easy Steps – A Complete Guide
Have you ever been to any of the Schengen countries? If you have, you’ll know they all have their own unique character and charm – Liechtenstein included. This interesting country is popular for its old town where it’s fabulous just to wander the streets and see what you can find! In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Liechtenstein visa from Australia. Liechtenstein visa appointment booking, processing time at the Liechtenstein visa application centre, flight itinerary for a Liechtenstein visa, hotel bookings for a Liechtenstein visa, Schengen travel insurance for a Liechtenstein visa application, and Liechtenstein visa application process in Australia.
Applying for a Schengen Visa from Australia
Citizens of Australia, Kiribati, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu can enter the Schengen area without a visa for up to 90 days. If you are not a citizen of these countries, but you live in Australia permanently, you will have to apply for a visa to enter and stay in Liechtenstein.
Liechtenstein has no visa offices in Australia, but you may submit your application to:
Types of Schengen visas offered at the Consulate General of Switzerland in Sydney
There are 3 types of visa available for you to apply for. The correct one will depend on why you are going to Liechtenstein and how long you are going for:
- Schengen visa – type C – for tourism, business, visiting family or friends for up to 90 days
- Airport Transit visa – type A – if you are changing planes en route to your final destination and not leaving the international zone of the airport
- National visa – type D – you will need this type of visa if you are staying in Liechtenstein for over 90 days for study, employment or family reasons etc
How Can I Apply for a Schengen Visa in Australia?
You may submit your application to the consulate 3 months before you plan to travel to Liechtenstein. The visa office processes applications within 15 days, so you should apply at least 15 days before your trip. Just, don’t leave too late!
Here are 5 easy steps to follow to help you apply for your visa:
Step 1: How to complete your application?
Go to the consulate’s website and click on: “Visa and entry to Switzerland” then “Visa – Entry to and residence in Switzerland”:
Then, click on: “Schengen visa for a stay of up to 90 days”:
Next, “Which documents should I submit with a Schengen visa application”:
On the next page, you’ll see a link for “Requirements for tourist visa”:
Click on the link for the online application or go to www.swiss-visa.ch:
You will be directed to the consulate’s online system. Choose the country you are applying from – in this case – Australia:
Read the instructions and click on “Online application”:
After you have completed all your information, you can submit your application electronically. Don’t forget to print it off as you will need to hand it over the consulate when you go for your appointment.
Step 2: How to make an appointment?
Making appointments with the embassy, consulate or visa application centre is generally free and can be done yourself. However, if you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, the visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below.
- Go to the consulate’s website and click on: “Visa and entry to Switzerland” then “Visa – Entry to and residence in Switzerland”
- Then, click on: “Schengen visa for a stay of up to 90 days”
- Next, “Which documents should I submit with a Schengen visa application”
- On the next page, you’ll see a link for “Requirements for tourist visa”
- Click on the link for the online application or go to www.swiss-visa.ch
- You will be directed to the consulate’s online system. Choose the country you are applying from – in this case – Australia
- Read the instructions and click on “Online application”
- Complete your information and continue through the screens
- Once you have submitted your application electronically, you will be sent a link by email inviting you to make a convenient day and time for your appointment
Step 3: Prepare your documents
You can find a list of documents that you need for your visa on the consulate’s website, so check the requirements before you do anything else. This will save time later and prevent your application from being rejected.
You should also prepare photocopies as well as providing the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- Online application (www.swiss-visa.ch)
- Two recent passport photographs
- Passport (valid for at least three months beyond the stay, with at least two blank pages)
- Copy of your passport (page with your personal data and picture)
- Proof of visa status in Australia – Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO)
- Confirmed flight reservations from/to Australia, including a detailed itinerary
- Proof of international travel insurance with a minimum cover of EUR 30,000.00, covering urgent medical treatment or hospitalization, repatriation
- Hotel reservation or other accommodation
- Proof of residence e.g.bank statement, driver’s license, invoice
- If married or in a partnership, provide a marriage certificate or registered partnership agreement
- Proof of funds for your planned trip (including recent bank statements for the last three months)
- If being invited to Liechtenstein by a private individual or a company/organisation/event organiser you need to provide an invitation letter
- Recent letter from your employer confirming your employment (including your position)
- Prepaid, self-addressed registered/express return envelope or a prepaid courier satchel
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: A guide to your visa appointment
On the day of your appointment:
- Don’t be late – arrive a few minutes early to compose yourself before your appointment begins
- Remember all the required documents – if you fail to provide everything that is asked for, your application could be rejected
- Think about what you are going to wear – if you are smartly dressed, it helps to make a good impression
The visa officer will review your application and supporting documents and if they want more information or wish to clarify anything they may ask you questions. All you need to do is be honest with your answers.
- What are you going to do in Liechtenstein?
- What do you know about the country you are going to?
- I don’t think you intend to return to Australia? What do you say to that?
- What is your job?
- How long have you been employed in Australia?
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
|Type of visa||Fee|
|Schengen visa – up to 90 days||99 AUD/€60|
|National visa – over 90 days||See the consulate’s website|
|Child between 6-12 years of age||59 AUD/€35|
|Children under the age of six||Free|
You should check with the consulate which payment methods are available to you. Please note, the fee is non-refundable even if your application is rejected or you withdraw your application.
You will also have to have your photo taken and provide a scan of your fingerprints, particularly if this is your first time applying for a Schengen visa.
Step 5: Receive your visa
After you have submitted your application, it will be processed and once the consulate has made a decision, they will send your passport to your home address.
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason and you can appeal the decision
- Invalid passport – if your passport is invalid in any way (see above requirements), you must get a new one before applying for a new visa
- You already have a valid visa – if you have applied for a Schengen visa in the past and it was approved, it may still be valid, so check the dates before you apply for a new one
- Employment cannot be confirmed – you must provide proof of your employment status, such as pay-slips or a work contract
- No proof of residence – if you are a non-Australian citizen and you live in Australia, you must provide proof that you have a legal right to remain when you apply for your visa
Ways to contact the Consulate General of Switzerland in Sydney?
Address: 101 Grafton Street, Cnr Grosvenor Street, Tower 2, Level 23, Bondi Junction, NSW 2022 Australia
Phone: +61 2 8383 4000
Fax: +61 2 9369 1334
To apply for a Schengen visa for Liechtenstein in Australia, follow these simple steps:
- Complete your application by downloading it
- Register and make an appointment
- Prepare your documents
- Attend your appointment
- Receive your visa
The next step is to arrive in Liechtenstein!
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.