Liechtenstein Embassy Canada – 5 Easy Steps to Apply for Liechtenstein Schengen Visa
There are 26 Schengen countries in Europe and Liechtenstein is a popular destination to visit at any time of the year. There are castles where you can immerse yourself in the country’s medieval past and beautiful landscapes dotted with picturesque villages which are linked by pathways, perfect for exploring! Whatever you do there, you will have a fabulous time! In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Liechtenstein visa at the Embassy of Liechtenstein in Canada, Liechtenstein visa appointment booking, processing time at the Liechtenstein visa application center, flight itinerary for a Liechtenstein visa, hotel bookings for a Liechtenstein visa, Schengen travel insurance for Liechtenstein visa application, and Liechtenstein visa application process at the Liechtenstein embassy.
Applying for a Schengen Visa from Canada
It’s a straightforward process to apply for a Liechtenstein Schengen visa. All you need to know is:
- Canadian citizens do NOT need a visa for Liechtenstein as long as the trip is no more than 90 days
- Non-Canadian citizens DO need a visa for Liechtenstein as long as you can prove that you have a legal right to reside in Canada. You need a visa whether you are going for 90 days or over
Where to apply for a Liechtenstein Schengen visa
There is no visa office for Liechtenstein in Canada. Instead, it is the Embassy of Switzerland that represents Liechtenstein in Canada. This means that you may apply for a Finland Schengen visa by submitting your documents to either:
- Consulate General of Switzerland in Vancouver if you live in the provinces of British-Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan as well as the Northwest and the Yukon territories
- Consulate General of Switzerland in Montreal if you live in the provinces of Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador Nunavut territory as well as the Bahamas
You have to make sure you apply at the right Liechtenstein (or in this case – Swiss) consulate.
Types of Schengen visas offered by the Consulate Generals of Switzerland
There are 3 types of visas you may apply for and the one you choose will depend on the reason and duration of your trip:
- Schengen visa: for tourism, business, or visiting family or friends for trips up to 90 days
- Airport transit visa: if you are catching a connecting flight in an airport in Liechtenstein
- National visa: for over 90 days for employment, study, family reasons, mission, residence, religious reasons, sports
How to Apply for a Liechtenstein Schengen Visa from Canada
As the demand is high for visas, it is strongly recommended that you arrange your appointment 90 days prior to your departure. You can apply up to 90 ahead anyway, so should do so as soon as possible because visa appointments are fully booked weeks in advance.
Here are 5 easy steps to follow to help you apply for your visa:
Step 1: Complete your application form
To complete your application form, go to the website of either the consulate general in Montreal or the one in Vancouver and click on: “Visa and entry to Switzerland” then “Visa – Entry to and residence in Switzerland”:
Scroll down and click on: “Schengen visa for a stay of up to 90 days”:
Next, click on: “Which documents should I submit with a Schengen visa application?”:
Next, click on: ” Visa application form” and then the link for the online system:
Scroll down and key in the country where you have legal residence:
On the next screen, choose whichever consulate you wish to submit your application to based on where you live:
Read the instructions and click on: “Online application”:
You’ll need to register before you complete your application:
Once you have completed your application, make sure you print and sign it as it will need to be submitted with the rest of your documents.
Step 2: Make an Appointment
Making appointments with the embassy, consulate or visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, the visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below. You can either:
- Go to the website of either the consulate general in Montreal or the one in Vancouver and click on: “Visa and entry to Switzerland” then “Visa – Entry to and residence in Switzerland”
- Scroll down and click on: “Schengen visa for a stay of up to 90 days”
- Then, click on: “Which documents should I submit with a Schengen visa application?”
- Next, click on: ” Visa application form” and then the link for the online system
- Scroll down and key in the country where you have legal residence
- On the next screen, choose whichever consulate you wish to submit your application to
- Read the instructions and click on: “Make an appointment”
- Complete your personal details and continue through the screens until you have made a convenient appointment
Step 3: Prepare your documents
The documents that you need to submit can be found on the consulate’s website under “Which documents should I submit with a Schengen visa application?” Documentation for National visas can also be found on the website. It’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the requirement before you start to prepare your documents.
You should also prepare photocopies as well as providing the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- Visa application form – completed and signed. Please fill in and print your application online at www.swiss-visa.ch
- Passport photographs – must not be glued to the application form
- Passport – must be valid for at least three months after the date of departure from the Schengen zone, at least two empty pages and issued no more than 10 years ago
- A photocopy of your passport (photo, data and signature pages only)
- If you are not a Canadian citizen, a photocopy of your proof of residency in Canada (PR card, both sides copied on one sheet OR Canadian work or study permit and visa in your passport) valid for at least three months after the date of re-entry to Canada
- Travel itinerary/airline reservation
- A recent letter signed by your employer, confirming position, salary and continued employment after your return to Canada
- For students, a confirmation of enrollment and a copy of the student card
- For self-employed, a registration or incorporation of your business, business license or business notice of articles showing your name
- If applicable, a copy of your previous Schengen visas
- Proof of Schengen travel medical insurance – minimum €30,000/50,000 CAD for emergency medical expenses, hospital treatment and repatriation for medical reasons
- Proof of financial means – A minimum of 130 CAD per day is required (40 CAD for students)
- Hotel reservation or other proof of accommodation
- Letter of invitation if you are being invited by a person or company. A copy of your host’s passport or residence permit must be included in your application
- A detailed itinerary for the whole duration of the trip including the cities you are visiting and means of transport if visiting various countries
- Declaration of sponsorship
- Confirmation of participation/registration to a course or seminar including confirmation of payment of any applicable fee
- A pre-paid self-addressed return envelope with a tracking number (Xpress Post or Courier) if you wish to have your passport returned by mail
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: Attend your appointment
On the day of your appointment:
- Don’t be late
- Remember to take all your prepared documents
- Dress smartly
If you do all these things, not only will you make a good impression, but you will have the best chance of your visa application being accepted.
During your appointment, you will:
- Answer any questions that the visa officer may have. Give honest answers and be polite
- Pay the fee – you may pay online when prompted after you have registered your visa application or in cash or by money order made out to the Swiss Consulate General Vancouver or Montreal. Please note, the fee is non-refundable even if your application gets rejected
- Provide biometric data (10 fingerprints and a digital photograph) – if your fingerprints have not been recorded, you must provide this data. However, if you received a Schengen visa issued after May 15, 2014 and your fingerprints were successfully recorded, personal appearance should not be necessary. You may mail your complete Schengen visa application but check with the consulate for clarification if this applies to you. Please note, if the previously recorded fingerprints prove to be of insufficient quality, you will still have to appear in person. In addition, the Swiss representation reserves the right to request you to appear for a personal interview after reviewing the application
Typical questions include:
- Have you been to Liechtenstein or the EU before?
- Is this your first time visiting the Schengen area?
- What are your plans in Liechtenstein?
- How many children do you have?
- Why are you traveling at this time?
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
Schengen Visa Fee
|Type of visa||Fee|
|Schengen visa – up to 90 days||90 CAD/€60|
|Long-stay visa – over 90 days||90 CAD/€60|
|Child between 6-12 years of age||52 CAD/€35|
|Children under the age of six||Free|
Step 5: Receive your visa
When a decision about your visa has been reached, you will either:
- Collect your passport from the consulate
- Have your passport returned to you by mail. Applications submitted to the consulate in Vancouver are returned by post only
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason. You can appeal the decision within 30 days
- Missing documents – you should make sure that all the required documents have been prepared before you submit your application
- Invalid passport – if your passport is invalid in any way, you should obtain a new one before applying for your visa
- Applying at the wrong consulate – each of the consulates deals with applications from residents living within its own jurisdiction, so you should check their websites to prevent you from applying at the wrong one (see above)
- Photographs do not meet specifications – the passport photos that you provide must meet certain requirements such as looking head-on and not covering your face in any way. Check what the photo requirements are before you submit your application
Contact details of the Consulate General of Switzerland in Montreal
Address: 1572 Av. du Docteur-Penfield, Montréal, QC, H3G 1C4
Phone: +1 514 932 71 81
Fax: +1 514 932 90 28
Hours: Monday to Thursday – 10.00 am – 1.00 pm; Friday – 10.00 am – 12.00 pm
Contact details of the Consulate General of Switzerland in Vancouver
Address: World Trade Centre, 790-999 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC V6C 3E1
Phone: +1 604 684 2231
Fax: +1 604 684 28 06
Hours: Monday to Friday – 9.00 am – 1.00 pm
To apply for a Schengen visa for Liechtenstein, follow these simple steps:
- Complete your application online or download it
- Make an appointment
- Prepare your documents
- Attend your appointment
- Receive your visa
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.