Greek Embassy Canada – 5 Easy Steps to Apply for Greece Schengen Visa
Have you been to any of the 26 Schengen countries before? If not, then you may be missing out on some of the most beautiful, intriguing, and exciting countries on earth! Greece is a country that is so stunning it takes your breath away! Hundreds of picture-perfect islands to explore or simply relax on the white sandy beaches, delicious food and friendly locals who are only too happy to chat. Don’t take anyone’s word for it, go and see for yourself. In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Greece visa at the Embassy of Greece in Canada, Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, Montreal, Greece visa appointment booking, processing time at the Greece visa application center, flight itinerary for a Greece visa, hotel bookings for a Greece visa, Schengen travel insurance for a Greece visa application, and Greece visa application process at the Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, Montreal embassy.
Greece Schengen Visas
In 2018, consulates received 855,285 Greece Schengen visa applications and 42,013 (4.9%) were denied. The Consulate General of Greece in Toronto received 628 applications and denied 24 (3.8%). The consulate in Montreal received 240 applications and refused 14 (5.8%). The consulate in Vancouver received 163 applications and rejected 3 (1.8%). The consular office in Ottawa received 62 applications and issued all of them.
Applying for a Schengen Visa from Canada
Applying for a Greece Schengen visa from Canada is easy. As a general rule:
- If you are a Canadian citizen, you do NOT need to apply for a Greece Schengen visa as long as you are going for no more than 90 days
- If you are a non-Canadian citizen, you DO need to apply for a visa for Greece and you need to prove that you have a legal right to stay in Canada
Where to apply for a Greece Schengen visa
The area you live in Canada will determine which visa office you need to submit your application:
- Embassy of Greece in Ottawa – Areas of jurisdiction: Ottawa and Kingston for the province of Ontario and Gatineau for the province of Quebec
- Consulate General in Toronto – Areas of jurisdiction: Provinces of Ontario (except for Ottawa and Kingston) and Manitoba
- Consulate General in Montreal – Areas of jurisdiction: Provinces of Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island
- Consulate General in Vancouver – Areas of jurisdiction: Provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut
You have to make sure you apply at the right Greece consulate.
Types of Schengen visas offered by the consulates in Canada
There are 2 types of visas you may apply for and the one you choose will depend on the reason and duration of your trip:
- Schengen visa: for tourism, business, or visiting family or friends and transit visa for up to 90 days
- National visa: for over 90 days for employment, study, research, family reunification or residence
How to Apply for a Greece Schengen Visa from Canada
The consulates process visa applications in 15 days, but it could take 30-60 days depending on factors such as the type of visa you are applying for or your nationality. You may apply up to 90 days ahead, so you may wish to apply as early as possible. The consulate will inform you of a decision date when you submit your application.
There are 5 easy steps to follow to help you apply for your visa:
Step 1: Complete your application form
To complete your application form, go to the Embassy of Greek’s website and click on: “Services” then “Visas”
Then, click on the visa office you will be dealing with:
On the next screen, you’ll find the application form available in Greek, English or French:
Step 2: Make an appointment
Making appointments with the embassy, consulate or visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, the visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below.
- Go to the embassy’s website again, click on: “Services” then “Visas”
- Click on the visa office you will be dealing with
- Make your appointment by phoning the respective office or using the online calendar
- Consular Office of Greece in Ottawa – (+1613) 2386271
- Consulate General of Greece in Toronto – online calendar
- Consulate General of Greece in Montreal – (+1514) 8752119
- Consulate General of Greece in Vancouver – 6046811381
Step 3: Prepare your documents
Before you start to prepare your documents, check the website for the list of required documents. The last thing you want is to forget a piece of paperwork that needs to be submitted along with your application!
You should also prepare photocopies as well as providing the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- Visa application form – completed and signed
- Passport photographs
- Passport – must be valid for at least three months after the date of departure from the Schengen zone, at least two empty pages and issued no more than 10 years ago
- Permanent resident card valid for at least 3 months after leaving the Schengen area
- Flight reservation as well as proof of travel for the entire trip
- Proof of Schengen travel medical insurance that covers emergency medical care, hospitalization and repatriation (in case of death included). The minimum coverage should be for €30,000
- Proof of financial means such as salary slips of the last three months and/or bank account statements of the last three months
- Confirmed hotel reservation for all cities to be visited
- If employed – letter of employment stating position and annual/monthly salary & bank or credit card statements for the last three months indicating financial standing
- If retired – pension statement
- If self-employed – certificate of business registration & Income tax assessment
- If a student – recent letter from the educational institution in good standing, as well as major and expected date of graduation and/or student visa and/or proof of scholarship
- If unemployed – proof of spouse’s employment & spouse’s last three (3) pay stubs & translated copy of marriage certificate
- Invitation letter duly signed by the host whose signature needs to be verified by a Greek authority (Police or KEP)
- For minors – birth certificate & parents’/guardians’ passports
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: Attend your appointment
When you attend your appointment:
- Arrive early and don’t miss your appointment
- Remember all your prepared documents
- Dress smartly
During the appointment, the visa officer may ask you questions if they wish to clarify anything about your application.
- Have you been to Greece or the EU before?
- Are you married?
- Are you traveling alone?
- What cities are you planning to visit?
- When will you return home?
They are not trying to trick you by asking these questions, they simply want to have all the fact before making a decision. Just smile and answer anything honestly
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
You will also pay the fee for your visa. You can pay by cash only in Canadian dollars. Please note, the fee is non-refundable even if your application gets rejected.
|Type of visa||Fee|
|Schengen visa – up to 90 days||90 CAD/€60|
|Long-stay visa – over 90 days||Varies. Please consult the consulate’s website|
|Child between 6-12 years of age||52 CAD/€35|
|Children under the age of six||Free|
Your fingerprints shall be collected if they have not been registered in the Visa Information System (VIS) within the previous 59 months.
Step 5: Receive your visa
Once your application has been processed, you will receive your passport by mail to your home address.
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport. If you find any errors, notify the consular authority immediately. If you do not do so, the consular authority is not responsible for any problems you may have on your trip
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason
- Lack of funds – you must be able to afford your trip and you must make it clear to the consulate that you can either pay for the trip yourself or prove that someone else is paying for you
- No signatures – before you submit your application, make sure all the documents that require signatures are signed
- You already have a current visa – if you have applied for a Schengen visa before, it may still be valid, so check your passport before applying for a new one
- No flight reservation – you must provide a flight reservation when applying for a visa. This is a mandatory requirement
Contact details of the Consular Office of Greece in Ottawa
Address: 80 Maclaren Str., K2P 0K6, Ottawa
Telephone: (+1613) 2386271
Fax: (+1613) 2385676
Hours: Monday to Friday 10.00 am – 3.00 pm
Contact details of the Consulate General of Greece in Toronto
Address: 1075 Bay Str., Suite 600, Toronto, ON, M5S 2B1
Telephone: +1 416 515 0132
Fax: +1 416 515 0209
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.30 am – 2.30 pm
Contact details of the Consulate General of Greece in Montreal
Address: 1002 Sherbrooke Ouest, Suite 2620, H3A 3L6, Montreal QC
Telephone: (+1514) 8752119
Fax: (+1514) 8758781
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00 am – 2.00 pm
Contact details of the Consulate General of Greece in Vancouver:
Address: Suite 500-688 West Hastings Str., V6B1P1 Vancouver
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.30 am – 12.30 pm
To apply for a Schengen visa for Greece, follow these simple steps:
- Complete your application online or download it
- Make an appointment
- Prepare your documents
- Attend your appointment
- Receive your visa
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.