Estonia Embassy Ottawa – 5 Easy Steps to Apply for Estonia Schengen Visa
Estonia is a great place to visit any time of the year! This Schengen country has beaches, forests and lake to explore. The city of Tallinn is a joy to wander around where you can admire the architecture, eat some traditional food or simply watch the world go by as you sit in one the street cafes! You’ll be glad you went! In this article, learn more about how to apply for an Estonia visa at the Estonia Embassy in Ottawa, Canada, Estonia visa appointment booking, processing time at the Estonia visa application center, flight itinerary for an Estonia visa, hotel bookings for a Estonia visa, Schengen travel insurance for an Estonia visa application, and Estonia visa application process at the Ottawa embassy.
Estonia Schengen Visas
In 2018, embassies and consulates across the world deal with 127,561 Estonia Schengen visa applications. They rejected 2,048 (1.6%). The Embassy of Ottawa dealt with 56 and issued 100% of them.
Applying for a Schengen Visa from Canada
If you are a Canadian citizen, you do NOT need a visa for Estonia, but if you were not born in Canada you need to apply for a visa to be able to enter and stay in Estonia. You can easily apply from Canada as long as you are a permanent resident and you can prove this but providing your Canadian visa and/or residence permit when you apply for your visa. If you cannot do this, you must apply from your home country.
If you are a citizen of a country who does not require a visa, you are only permitted to stay in Estonia for a maximum of 90 days. If you are planning on going for longer, then you will need to apply for a visa before you arrive.
Where to apply for an Estonia Schengen visa
You need to take note of where to apply for your visa. As a general rule, you will submit your application to the embassy or consulate of the country which is your main destination. However, if you are going to more than 2 Schengen countries, your application will be submitted to the embassy/consulate of the country where you will be spending the most time. If you are spending an equal amount of time in each country, you will submit your application to the embassy/consulate of the country you will be entering first.
If you are going to Estonia only, you must apply for your visa at the Embassy of Estonia in Ottawa.
You have to make sure you apply at the right visa application center, otherwise, your application could be rejected.
Types of Schengen visas offered at the Estonia Embassy in Ottawa
There are 3 types of visas you may apply for and the one you choose will depend on the reason and duration of your trip:
- Schengen visa – type C: If you are traveling for tourism, business, or visiting family or friends for up to 90 days
- Airport Transit visa (type A): if you are passing through the international transit areas of airports situated on the territory of the Member States
- Long-stay (D) visa: if you are going for longer than 90 days for employment, study, research, family reunification or residence
How to Apply for a Schengen Visa from the Estonia Embassy in Ottawa
You can submit your visa application at least 15 days and no more than 90 days before your trip. It’s recommended that you apply as soon as possible to allow for your application to be processed in time. It takes 15 days for the embassy to reach a decision, although it could take longer depending on the type of visa you have applied for.
Here are 5 easy steps to follow to help you apply for your visa:
Step 1: Complete your application form
To complete your application form, go to the embassy’s website and click on: “Visa and Consular Services” and “Visa Application Forms”:
Then, click on the link:
Choose your language:
On the next screen, you can begin keying in your personal and travel information:
Once you have finished, print off the application form to sign and date it.
Step 2: Make an appointment
Making appointments with the embassy, consulate or visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, the visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below.
- Go to the embassy’s website and click on: “Visa and Consular Information”
- Click on the link where it says: “Please pre-book your appointment on the Internet”
- You will be directed to the online system
- Complete your information and continue
- You will then be able to make a convenient appointment
Step 3: Prepare your documents
You must ensure that you present all the required documents along with your visa application. Failure to do this may result in a rejection, so check the requirements before you begin.
You should also prepare photocopies as well as providing the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- Visa application form – completed and signed
- Passport photographs
- Passport – must be valid for at least three months after the date of departure from the Schengen zone, at least two empty pages and issued no more than 10 years ago
- Residence permit or Canadia visa (multiple entry) valid for at least 3 months after departing the Schengen area
- Travel itinerary/airline reservation
- Proof of Schengen travel medical insurance – minimum €30,000 coverage for repatriation in case of illness and death
- Proof of financial means – €108 for each day in Estonia
- Hotel reservation or other proof of accommodation
- Documents indicating the purpose of journey such as confirmation letter from the host; proof that you are going to work or study in Estonia; proof of family ties or marital status if the purpose of journey is to visit a private person
- Information which enables the embassy to assess your intention to leave Schengen area before the expiry of the visa
- Letter of invitation if you are being invited by a person or company
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
Step 4: Attend your appointment
On the day of your appointment remember to take all your documents. Just one missing piece of paperwork could lead to a rejected application. Don’t be late and dress the part!
The visa officer will examine your paperwork and he/she may ask you questions to determine anything that is not clear. If this happens, simply answer honestly.
- Are you traveling alone?
- Are you meeting people in Estonia?
- Are you traveling to any other Schengen countries or the EU?
- Why are you going now?
- What do you do in Canada?
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
You will also pay the fee for your visa. You may pay by online transfer to:
Bank accounts of the MINISTRY OF FINANCE for collecting visa fee are the following:
- SEB Pank EE891010220034796011
- Swedbank EE932200221023778606
- Luminor Bank AS EE701700017001577198
- Reference number: 2900073630
- Clarification of the payment: Review of visa applications
PLEASE NOTE THAT REFERENCE NUMBER AND CLARIFICATION OF THE PAYMENT ARE COMPULSORY FIELDS ON THE PAYMENT ORDER.
Please note, the fee is non-refundable even if your application gets rejected.
|Type of visa||Fee|
|Schengen visa – up to 90 days||90 CAD/€60|
|Long-stay visa – over 90 days||118 CAD/€80|
|Child between 6-12 years of age||52 CAD/€35|
|Children under the age of six||Free|
If this is your first time applying for a Schengen visa, you will have to provide biometric data which is a photograph and a scan of your fingerprints. If you have previously provided this data, it can be reused as long as your new application is within a 5 year period.
Step 5: Receive your visa
When a decision about your visa has been reached, you will either:
- Collect your passport from the embassy
- Have your passport returned to you by mail
You should check with the embassy in Ottawa what method is available to you.
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason and you can appeal the decision within 30 days. There is a fee of €20
- Invalid travel document – your travel document must meet certain specifications (see above requirements)
- You are unable to provide sufficient proof of the reason for travel – you must provide proof of the reason why you are traveling to Estonia. This could be a travel itinerary or a work contract
- No proof of sufficient means of subsistence – you must be able to afford your trip and it is mandatory to present documents, such as bank statements to the embassy
- You are not entitled to return to the country of origin or to continue to a third country – you must be able to return to the country where you came from and if you cannot prove that you have a legal right to reentry, then your visa will be denied
Contact details of the Estonia Embassy in Ottawa, Canada
Address: 260 Dalhousie Street, Suite 210, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 7E4
Phone: (613) 789 4222
Fax: (613) 789 9555
Consular opening hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 1 p.m to 4 p.m.
To apply for a Schengen visa for Estonia, follow these simple steps:
- Complete your application online or download it
- Make an appointment
- Prepare your documents
- Attend your appointment
- Receive your visa
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.